Does Yahweh/Jeovah do anyting in the Bible that you'd consider "good"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: Does Yahweh/Jeovah do anyting in the Bible that you'd consider "good"?
Thar biblical character had a nice 5 day run, after that I don't know if much applies.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 10:41 PM
(10-07-2016 06:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You know what would be good? If he would pick a name and stick with it. Just pick a damn name already. Facepalm

But Angie, he has so many names!

[Image: 5f999fed359d0b302a56e6877edfc3b3.jpg]

Talk about identity crises.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
10-07-2016, 10:48 PM
(10-07-2016 05:03 PM)cactus Wrote:  because I'm coming up empty handed. The Bible has stories that tell people to do good things, or describes good things people have done and attributed to God (I'd include Jesus in this category). However, it seems like any time the Bible describes God as directly intervening in human activities, bad things happen, often in the form of indiscriminate murder. Consider

It made rainbows. Of course it followed killing 99.99999 percent of the population so that kind of spoils any good.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
11-07-2016, 02:17 AM
(10-07-2016 10:48 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:03 PM)cactus Wrote:  because I'm coming up empty handed. The Bible has stories that tell people to do good things, or describes good things people have done and attributed to God (I'd include Jesus in this category). However, it seems like any time the Bible describes God as directly intervening in human activities, bad things happen, often in the form of indiscriminate murder. Consider

It made rainbows. Of course it followed killing 99.99999 percent of the population so that kind of spoils any good.

Im sure noah and his sons enjoyed it. "gee, all that shit i went through catching poisonous snakes and rhinos and all i get is a fuckin rainbow. Thanks a lot asshole. Time to get wasted!"
11-07-2016, 02:22 AM
so does this mean noah had to fuck his 500 (?) year old wife to repopulate the earth? i bet childbirth would have been hell for a woman several centuries old. what a couple troopers. oh, and... ew.
11-07-2016, 06:46 AM
(10-07-2016 10:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 10:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, then he told someone to mutilate it and told you that you had to use it in only his approved manner.

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Meh. It all goes to shit anyway.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-07-2016, 06:49 AM
(10-07-2016 10:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 10:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, then he told someone to mutilate it and told you that you had to use it in only his approved manner.

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

Not quite long enough, eh?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-07-2016, 06:52 AM
There is only one character in the OT that comes to mind that was a good guy, Uriah. Certainly not the “I AM THE LORD” dude. That guy is the “PRICK OF PRICKS".

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-07-2016, 06:52 AM
(11-07-2016 02:22 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  so does this mean noah had to fuck his 500 (?) year old wife to repopulate the earth? i bet childbirth would have been hell for a woman several centuries old. what a couple troopers. oh, and... ew.

You want "ew"?

Adam. Eve. Cain. Abel. (Cain kills Abel, leaves.) Seth

Seth and the exiled Cain are the two surviving children...

Who were Seth and Cain fucking?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
11-07-2016, 06:59 AM
(11-07-2016 06:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 02:22 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  so does this mean noah had to fuck his 500 (?) year old wife to repopulate the earth? i bet childbirth would have been hell for a woman several centuries old. what a couple troopers. oh, and... ew.

You want "ew"?

Adam. Eve. Cain. Abel. (Cain kills Abel, leaves.) Seth

Seth and the exiled Cain are the two surviving children...

Who were Seth and Cain fucking?

musta had a turd baby.