Does a powerful computer search its maker?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Does a powerful computer search its maker?
Of course it doesn't.
Any of today’s computers (made with artificial intelligence or not) doesn’t need (or is supposed to) searching its maker.
The reason is simple. The purpose of making a computer is to let it serve only and not to be served. And the maker(s) of a computer have already embedded in it the functions that define all action/reaction rules for which it was built.

If someday an intelligent computer (likely as a robot) will be built not only to serve but to be served as well, this intelligent robot will surely look for its maker (or the intelligent side/team/company that let it exist) in order to know for sure how it could be served at best.

Sane mature humans are all made intelligent in order to serve the world, in a way or another (starting from creating rules). They do it by following their instincts; their embedded functions that let them know how to fulfil their various roles in life (while they are alive).

Only when a human being realizes, by himself, that the end (main/crucial) purpose of his existence is for him personally and not for the world or even for the Will/Power that created him, he automatically starts searching how he can let his given existence (temporary and in the realm limited by space/time) could serve him (while he is serving the world, of course).

I am afraid that since my English is not as good as of many here, a serious reader may need reading this post more than once, sorry. Then, when in doubt, he may like asking me to clarify certain expressions... by using others words for example.

But, as usual, it is okay for me if my post here will also stimulate many intelligent members and force them show me... some of their deep instincts Big Grin

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: Does a powerful computer search its maker?
[Image: 936_R_16a72c72.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
24-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Nice Rocket. I'm partial to grilling cheese..... yum.

[Image: The%2BPerfect%2BGrilled%2BCheese%2BSandw...2B1581.jpg]

This grilled cheese looks like it has avocado in it!!!

[Image: Bacon-Guacamole-Grilled-Cheese-Sandwich-...ooking.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-11-2016, 02:01 PM
(24-11-2016 12:57 PM)KerimF Wrote:  If someday an intelligent computer (likely as a robot) will be built not only to serve but to be served as well, this intelligent robot will surely look for its maker (or the intelligent side/team/company that let it exist) in order to know for sure how it could be served at best. [...]

Too many ifs, buts, and maybes in this lot I'm afraid. And if I haven't spent (wasted?) my time here on earth looking for my "maker", why then should an intelligent, self-aware robot I build spend any time looking for its maker?
Incidentally, the two people totally responsible for my "making" are both deceased, and their atomic structures now dispersed throughout the universe through rapid oxidation in a crematorium. Even if I were silly enough to look for them now, I'm never gonna find them.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-11-2016, 03:41 PM
[Image: l46C8pSaCzoiZVXAk.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Congratulations on displaying your profound ignorance on the topic of Artificial Intelligence.

[Image: 050fecdfd6dda7652391f4f1f3458999b9c6cd-wm.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
24-11-2016, 04:36 PM
(24-11-2016 12:57 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Of course it doesn't.
Any of today’s computers (made with artificial intelligence or not) doesn’t need (or is supposed to) searching its maker.
The reason is simple. The purpose of making a computer is to let it serve only and not to be served. And the maker(s) of a computer have already embedded in it the functions that define all action/reaction rules for which it was built.

If someday an intelligent computer (likely as a robot) will be built not only to serve but to be served as well, this intelligent robot will surely look for its maker (or the intelligent side/team/company that let it exist) in order to know for sure how it could be served at best.

Sane mature humans are all made intelligent in order to serve the world, in a way or another (starting from creating rules). They do it by following their instincts; their embedded functions that let them know how to fulfil their various roles in life (while they are alive).

Only when a human being realizes, by himself, that the end (main/crucial) purpose of his existence is for him personally and not for the world or even for the Will/Power that created him, he automatically starts searching how he can let his given existence (temporary and in the realm limited by space/time) could serve him (while he is serving the world, of course).

I am afraid that since my English is not as good as of many here, a serious reader may need reading this post more than once, sorry. Then, when in doubt, he may like asking me to clarify certain expressions... by using others words for example.

But, as usual, it is okay for me if my post here will also stimulate many intelligent members and force them show me... some of their deep instincts Big Grin

I apologize on behalf of my fellow people here and their seemingly endless infatuation with cheese.

It is not surprising to me KerimF, that people seek out their origins, only that all of these origins had a different creator. Indeed with the installment of science, we banded together as a species in order find out our origins. Religion in the old times served as a means to fill the gap in our understanding of the universe so that they could feel connected to their origins. Now with science we have bridged a portion of that vast gap, I think that god is unnecessary in order for us to have a deeper and meaningful connection with the universe.
[+] 2 users Like Celestial_Wonder's post
24-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Computers don't care about a "maker"....

Nor do I.

Computers deal in hard numbers.

I like reality.

A "creator" is simply a personification of a reality that small minds refuse to acknowledge...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-11-2016, 05:31 PM
(24-11-2016 12:57 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Of course it doesn't.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
24-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Yabut what does this have to do with 9/11 and the powerful/rich ruling men that control the world?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post