Does anybody else hate this argument?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: Does anybody else hate this argument?
The flying spaghetti monster is the most perfect being in existence too, ya know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DeadChannel's post
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
(02-02-2015 12:54 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  The flying spaghetti monster is the most perfect being in existence too, ya know.

The FSM is more than perfect. It is al dente.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-02-2015, 02:59 PM
I've heard somewhat compelling (all possible worlds) arguments made by some very intelligent theists. However, I would personally lay aside this line of argument to say that God is self-evident to our conscience and that the Bible texts including their prophecy and wisdom are quite compelling.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
02-02-2015, 04:45 PM
(02-02-2015 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've heard somewhat compelling (all possible worlds) arguments made by some very intelligent theists.

That's nice. Smile

Of course... a deity being in some random, hypothetical, possible, imaginary 'many' worlds doesn't necessarily have to be in this real one.

(02-02-2015 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  However, I would personally lay aside this line of argument to say that God is self-evident to our conscience...

That's great...now, where is this 'conscience' of which you speak? Some where in the brain, perhaps? Some bundle of neurons? Or some ganglia arraigned some where else about the body?

[quote='The Q Continuum' pid='729975' dateline='1422910761'....... And that the Bible texts including their prophecy and wisdom are quite compelling.[/quote]

Okay... not going to even bother with the last bit. Others can ask the questions/point to the threads all about the Bible's creation, sources, etc.

*P.S. I shall reply to the other conversation/thread when my motivation exceeds my care factor in relation to the poster above.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
02-02-2015, 05:23 PM
(02-02-2015 02:59 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I've heard somewhat compelling (all possible worlds) arguments made by some very intelligent theists. However, I would personally lay aside this line of argument to say that God is self-evident to our conscience and that the Bible texts including their prophecy and wisdom are quite compelling.

Brilliant, I agree. Now let's replace the word god by Allah and the word bible by quran/sharia

Angel[/b]

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
02-02-2015, 06:00 PM
(02-02-2015 12:54 PM)DeadChannel Wrote:  The flying spaghetti monster is the most perfect being in existence too, ya know.

rAmen to that
The Agnolottical Argument proves that the FSM (cheese be upon Him) is both necessary and delicious.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
02-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Most annoying argument or dumbest?

Most annoying: Whichever verse in the bible it is that says we already know god exists and are without excuse. Usually phrased as "You know he exists, you just want to sin."

Dumbest: All holy books say god is 1. 1 is first, so there is nothing (0) before god. 2-8 are other things like the sun and humans (???). 9 is willpower. And lookee, multiplying numbers by 9 and summing the digits gets you back to 9, so god. Ooo! And the sum of the digits of a number which then has its own digits summed gets the same result if we do the same to the original number multiplied by 19, which is god and willpower, and the quran has the number 19 show up a lot in the number of words and so on.
03-02-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm sensing some goalpost shifting above in your posts. I'm not saying that in any mean way--surely I shifted them as well with my posts.

But my point is this--rather than looking "out there" for evidence in worlds/dimensions that are unseen, perhaps we should be looking within.

Here's a thought, a fresh one. Try it on for size. You ask Jesus to prove He exists--if He does so using a natural phenomena, even a spectacular one, such as a supernova bursting in the sky in sight the moment you pray--sure, you could explain that away--but that's not my line of reasoning here. My line of reasoning is that God won't always make it rain when you ask because He has droughts and floods to do His purposes with others. Therefore, the most natural line of revelation when you pray is for God to "speak" to you directly, within. Or to appear visibly to you--which again, you can explain away. Or one can look at Bible prophecies and read the scriptures.

In other words, I think praying to heal grandpa who is sick is a dumb way to look for or reject proof. That's not the time to deconvert. Why not just ask God to "speak to you". Like I said, fresh thoughts...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-02-2015, 10:59 AM
(02-02-2015 01:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  

The FSM is more than perfect. It is al dente.

And --- instead of worthless "streets paved with gold" ---

FSM Heaven has a beer volcano and a stripper factory.....

I defy you to find better than THAT......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-02-2015, 07:14 AM
(03-02-2015 10:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm sensing some goalpost shifting above in your posts. I'm not saying that in any mean way--surely I shifted them as well with my posts.

But my point is this--rather than looking "out there" for evidence in worlds/dimensions that are unseen, perhaps we should be looking within.

Here's a thought, a fresh one. Try it on for size. You ask Jesus to prove He exists--if He does so using a natural phenomena, even a spectacular one, such as a supernova bursting in the sky in sight the moment you pray--sure, you could explain that away--but that's not my line of reasoning here. My line of reasoning is that God won't always make it rain when you ask because He has droughts and floods to do His purposes with others. Therefore, the most natural line of revelation when you pray is for God to "speak" to you directly, within. Or to appear visibly to you--which again, you can explain away. Or one can look at Bible prophecies and read the scriptures.

In other words, I think praying to heal grandpa who is sick is a dumb way to look for or reject proof. That's not the time to deconvert. Why not just ask God to "speak to you". Like I said, fresh thoughts...

Why not ask the Flying Spaghetti Monster to speak to you?

And 'phenomena' is plural; he singular is 'phenomenon'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]