Does anybody else sometimes get seriously scared of Christianity?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Does anybody else sometimes get seriously scared of Christianity?
(09-12-2013 05:41 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  Sarah Palin is a moron. John Adams would probably smash her in the head with a mug of beer if he could.

To my understanding, he seemed like a classier dude than that.

I saw him delivering a short, but brutally yet beautifully eloquent and comedic Winston Churchill-esq shot at her.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 05:51 PM
(09-12-2013 05:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 05:41 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  Sarah Palin is a moron. John Adams would probably smash her in the head with a mug of beer if he could.

To my understanding, he seemed like a classier dude than that.

I saw him delivering a short, but brutally yet beautifully eloquent and comedic Winston Churchill-esq shot at her.

You're right.

But I have no doubt in my mind Ben Franklin would do it.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
09-12-2013, 06:08 PM

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
(09-12-2013 06:08 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  

Is that dude in the background holding slightly modified Confederate flags?!

It's been how many years now? Time for them to grow the fuck up.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-12-2013, 06:40 PM
(09-12-2013 10:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 10:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  ...
It won't happen...it better not happen...but damn if it did. It's a scary thought.

Don't worry.

Over here, in the sane hemisphere, we have a plan...

If it gets out of control in the US, we'll ask China to nuke buy you.

Problem solved.

Fixt?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Sure you're not thinking of Samuel Adams?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
09-12-2013, 08:08 PM
@Hafnof, what the hell is that guy even talking about? Haha. But yes, nothing scarier than a religious person who thinks they have a holy mission that allows them to kill people.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-12-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 08:39 PM by The Misanthrope.)
(09-12-2013 10:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  In the US..

I was just randomly reading up on the civil war a few months ago. It's a very interesting event, especially because it was incredibly recent. Now much of that was due to economics and lifestyle (I think), but the fact that the people in our country could turn against each other and kill so many is a terrifying piece of our history.

I DOUBT it will ever happen, but sometimes I imagine as Christianity wanes in popularity, a group will form to "preserve God's America". A group that feels their rights are being taken away because they can't teach creationism in school, or erect religious symbols using tax money. A group that feels non-theists, or even non-Christians can't be moral, or cannot comprehend the law of the land, or the way people are "supposed to live". A group that agrees with Sarah Palin when she says crap like in this article: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/06/sa...christmas/

SarahPalin Wrote:If you lose that foundation, John Adams was implicitly warning us, then we will not follow our constitution, there will be no reason to follow our constitution because it is a moral and religious people who understand that there is something greater than self, we are to live selflessly, and we are to be held accountable by our creator, so that is what our constitution is based on

It won't happen...it better not happen...but damn if it did. It's a scary thought.
EVERY time Christians had acquired secular power they have persecuted, tortured, and murdered non-Christians and other Christians.
09-12-2013, 08:28 PM
(09-12-2013 08:25 PM)The Misanthrope Wrote:  
(09-12-2013 10:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  In the US..

I was just randomly reading up on the civil war a few months ago. It's a very interesting event, especially because it was incredibly recent. Now much of that was due to economics and lifestyle (I think), but the fact that the people in our country could turn against each other and kill so many is a terrifying piece of our history.

I DOUBT it will ever happen, but sometimes I imagine as Christianity wanes in popularity, a group will form to "preserve God's America". A group that feels their rights are being taken away because they can't teach creationism in school, or erect religious symbols using tax money. A group that feels non-theists, or even non-Christians can't be moral, or cannot comprehend the law of the land, or the way people are "supposed to live". A group that agrees with Sarah Palin when she says crap like in this article: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/06/sa...christmas/

EVERY time Christians had acquire secular power they have persecuted, tortured, and murdered non-Christians and other Christians.

Well there was that one time when.. oh wait...

09-12-2013, 11:07 PM
secular = not religious, so what do you mean by secular power? You mean governmental power?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post