Does anybody whistle?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: Does anybody whistle?
I can whistle in perfect pitch, according to people who hear it. If someone knows a tune, and I am whistling it, they can readily identify the tune. That isn't the case for a lot of people I know who can just make whistling sounds. I whistle all the time, to tunes on the radio, especially when driving alone or working in the garage. I've been whistling ever since I figured out how, when I was seven YO. My dad was also a whistler.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
06-08-2017, 03:43 PM
(06-08-2017 03:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Whistling causes "Mother Mary cries in heaven"???!!!! What the hell? Why would whistling be so horrible for a girl to do?

What the hell, indeed; as Clive Anderson says, "you just put your lips together and blow" Angel

I can whistle (including with my fingers). Never do it, though. When in a merry mood meprefers to sing...

Dom, there is a humourous, old rhyme in Bulgaria, how someone's whistling and everyone should give him a piece of shit. My dad sometimes says it around the house. Is a joke though.

Well, I am sure I drove everyone nuts with my practicing. I was 4 or 5 and prone to getting totally absorbed in things - it must have been quite impressive for me to remember it so clearly. They probably wanted to hand me some shit and used Mother Mary instead. Tongue Like that was going to work.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-08-2017, 03:46 PM
I like to whistle. I can't snap my fingers though. Never could get that cool popping sound, it comes out like, well, two fingers bumping each other.

06-08-2017, 03:49 PM
(06-08-2017 03:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Whistling causes "Mother Mary cries in heaven"???!!!! What the hell? Why would whistling be so horrible for a girl to do?

What the hell, indeed; as Clive Anderson says, "you just put your lips together and blow" Angel

I can whistle (including with my fingers). Never do it, though. When in a merry mood meprefers to sing...

Dom, there is a humourous, old rhyme in Bulgaria, how someone's whistling and everyone should give him a piece of shit. My dad sometimes says it around the house. Is a joke though.

Nah, that was Lauren Bacall what said that line best!

Sexiest line ever. The inference of that line is pretty....mmmmm......special.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Ah, this is where it's from.

Yeah, no. I'd take a funny line, scene, what have you over a sexy one any day of the week (especially with a bozo like this. But not just).

Well, Dom, in a manner of speaking, they did hand you a piece of shit. The shit that is Christianity Rolleyes

(Even when still deluded the whole virgin mary sitting up there in heaven was something I had to... well, pretend I actually could believe in...)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-08-2017, 04:04 PM
(06-08-2017 03:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ah, this is where it's from.

Yeah, no. I'd take a funny line, scene, what have you over a sexy one any day of the week (especially with a bozo like this. But not just).

Well, Dom, in a manner of speaking, they did hand you a piece of shit. The shit that is Christianity Rolleyes

(Even when still deluded the whole virgin mary sitting up there in heaven was something I had to... well, pretend I actually could believe in...)

From what I can remember I didn't think she would cry, I thought that was a lie. I don't think I questioned her being up there though.

I suppose my BS detector was working, but didn't realize the size of the BS.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-08-2017, 04:09 PM
(06-08-2017 04:04 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 03:57 PM)Vera Wrote:  Ah, this is where it's from.

From what I can remember I didn't think she would cry, I thought that was a lie. I don't think I questioned her being up there though.

I suppose my BS detector was working, but didn't realize the size of the BS.

Still impressive for a five-year-old Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-08-2017, 05:19 PM
I like to whistle, and do in public if I don't think it'll be annoying, or if I know it'll annoy my coworkers and want to. Angel

I'm pretty good at it, but I can't hit really high notes, which sucks because the best parts of songs tend to have a high crescendo.

Life deserves a soundtrack, and I'll provide if one is not available.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Here's some video from the 2017 Whistling Competition. Enjoy. Because you damned well know you wanna watch this.

Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(06-08-2017 05:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here's some video from the 2017 Whistling Competition. Enjoy. Because you damned well know you wanna watch this.

Interesting. I wonder how they judge it, or who gets to be judge and why.