Does anyone else find it hard not to be a Dick On FB?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Does anyone else find it hard not to be a Dick On FB?
(06-05-2013 04:41 PM)amyb Wrote:  I only use my personal FB as a platform for atheist posts. If people don't like it, they shouldn't have friended me, as I see it, and they can unfriend me. I use FB mainly to follow anti-religious and political pages, and to keep in touch with 2 or 3 people that only use that to communicate, I mean, instead of phone/skype/emails.

I sort of take pleasure in the fact that it pisses people off sometimes, religion and politics, I'll admit that.

You are invited to send me a friend request. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-05-2013, 04:56 PM
(06-05-2013 04:41 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yup! It used to bother me and make me angry. I decided to laugh at the whole thing and now when I see them they are sooo hilarious. I'm not going to let it make me bitter. Sometimes it doesn't stop me from being the Ahole though. I guess I'm the Ahole who instead of saying things angrily I'm saying things with a near sinister laugh. I'm not sure if that's good though.... Huh.

I'm going to have to think about this more now.

A favourite one from the weekend.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-05-06at45242PM_zps31b05ca3.png]

Don't think. Also, it comes not when you expect but when you least expect it. HA HAHAHAH!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
06-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Occasionally it annoys me, but most of the time I find it humorous. And if I can insert a funny without the author noticing it, I really have fun. Angel

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-05-2013, 05:15 PM
(06-05-2013 04:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are invited to send me a friend request. Thumbsup

Anyone is invited to send me one, I'm here. I'm a huge dick on Facebook, according to many people.

I think the main reason I stay on FB, besides following atheist pages, is because FB used to stress me out, then I said, "fuck this shit, I will not be driven away by christians." If I let them scare me off the site, I would be admitting defeat.

And on the topic of FB, it seems that a lot of people think they are upsetting me when they disagree with me. And that's why I love TTA: people can disagree on things and keep the discussion going. On FB, somebody disagreed with me about things I said about tattoos, and said he was sorry for "winding me up." I was not "wound up" in any sense, I was simply stating my views on the topic. This happens a lot on FB, and also on another forum I'm on. If you disagree and state the reasons why you disagree, you're seen as angry and combative and are told to "calm down." And then I really DO get pissed off, for being told to calm down when I'm not even upset.
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post
06-05-2013, 05:21 PM
An occasional clean and purge on FB is a wonderful thing.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-05-2013, 05:22 PM
(06-05-2013 05:15 PM)amyb Wrote:  And on the topic of FB, it seems that a lot of people think they are upsetting me when they disagree with me. And that's why I love TTA: people can disagree on things and keep the discussion going. On FB, somebody disagreed with me about things I said about tattoos, and said he was sorry for "winding me up." I was not "wound up" in any sense, I was simply stating my views on the topic. This happens a lot on FB, and also on another forum I'm on. If you disagree and state the reasons why you disagree, you're seen as angry and combative and are told to "calm down." And then I really DO get pissed off, for being told to calm down when I'm not even upset.

Now, now...

[Image: 3r9pt2.jpg]

Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
(06-05-2013 04:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 04:41 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yup! It used to bother me and make me angry. I decided to laugh at the whole thing and now when I see them they are sooo hilarious. I'm not going to let it make me bitter. Sometimes it doesn't stop me from being the Ahole though. I guess I'm the Ahole who instead of saying things angrily I'm saying things with a near sinister laugh. I'm not sure if that's good though.... Huh.

I'm going to have to think about this more now.

A favourite one from the weekend.

[Image: ScreenShot2013-05-06at45242PM_zps31b05ca3.png]

Don't think. Also, it comes not when you expect but when you least expect it. HA HAHAHAH!

LOL. Telling most human beings not to think... is akin to telling dolphins not to ride motorcycles.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
06-05-2013, 07:24 PM
No. Prolly cause I have no theist friends, or at least any who post theist stuff, and prolly cause most of my fb time is spent on my Gwynnies page rather than the personal one.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-05-2013, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 08:31 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
You gotta pick your battles. Some people you can argue with rationally, some are worth ignoring. And some should be torn a new asshole.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
06-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Back when I was on Facebook, I found it rather difficult to not be a dick to the religious and the "paranormal" folks.

...Mainly because I'm me and find it difficult to not be a dick in general.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!