Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?
I got a new co-worker a month ago. Another fellow atheist at a scrap yard business, no surprise there. He was on a website and saw the headline about some kind of radio signal that came from deep space. I said I hope it is aliens. He said, "Yeah, that's because you just want to see the world burn.". I have realized that it is not far from the truth. We live in a fish bowl. Spy satellites constantly overhead, our own computers spy on us now, our cell phones spy on us now, all because we have a paranoid government that knows it should be overthrown but does not want to be. I have always felt powerless to stop this train wreck we call society. I don't believe an armed conflict would ever work, because the technology the government has is too powerful. Now, an overwhelming force from the outside would help greatly. If we get attacked by aliens that hate all humans equally, we would be forced to work together or die off. Zombie apocalypse (way cooler than aliens, but far less likely) would help as well. As long as it is rich against people that work for a living or so called minority groups against white men (political correctness) (affirmative action(reverse racism) things will never improve. It is true that I want to watch the world burn, but for good reasons. I would rather have my kids grow up in WWIII, rather than have them face possibilities of Islam taking over here or worse being forced to be poor because the career politicians that feel bad because their families were the ones with slaves back in the day. Although I doubt they feel badly about it. It is more to get votes. There are people like bernie sanders that feel that the rest of us need to pay much higher taxes so the lazy don't ever have to work.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?
(21-04-2016 06:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  It is true that I want to watch the world burn, but for good reasons.

Good reason or intentions count for shit when measured against human suffering. Bolsheviks too had good intentions yet reality of their rule was something terrible.

(21-04-2016 06:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I would rather have my kids grow up in WWIII, rather than have them face possibilities of Islam taking over here or worse being forced to be poor because the career politicians that feel bad because their families were the ones with slaves back in the day.

Do you even know how many people died in WW II and how long it took to rebuild Europe? Some wounds aren't really healed even now.

As for Islam takeover I think you're overreacting just like right wingers in Europe who cry about Islam to make sure that public isn't looking too hard on their hands.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-04-2016, 07:13 AM
I kind of do, just for different reasons.

'Murican Canadian
21-04-2016, 07:24 AM
I just want to watch the world learn.
[+] 11 users Like CosmicRaven's post
21-04-2016, 07:25 AM
(21-04-2016 06:05 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I got a new co-worker a month ago. Another fellow atheist at a scrap yard business, no surprise there. He was on a website and saw the headline about some kind of radio signal that came from deep space. I said I hope it is aliens. He said, "Yeah, that's because you just want to see the world burn.". I have realized that it is not far from the truth. We live in a fish bowl. Spy satellites constantly overhead, our own computers spy on us now, our cell phones spy on us now, all because we have a paranoid government that knows it should be overthrown but does not want to be. I have always felt powerless to stop this train wreck we call society. I don't believe an armed conflict would ever work, because the technology the government has is too powerful. Now, an overwhelming force from the outside would help greatly. If we get attacked by aliens that hate all humans equally, we would be forced to work together or die off. Zombie apocalypse (way cooler than aliens, but far less likely) would help as well. As long as it is rich against people that work for a living or so called minority groups against white men (political correctness) (affirmative action(reverse racism) things will never improve. It is true that I want to watch the world burn, but for good reasons. I would rather have my kids grow up in WWIII, rather than have them face possibilities of Islam taking over here or worse being forced to be poor because the career politicians that feel bad because their families were the ones with slaves back in the day. Although I doubt they feel badly about it. It is more to get votes. There are people like bernie sanders that feel that the rest of us need to pay much higher taxes so the lazy don't ever have to work.

NOTE: When I see a paragraph this huge I do NOT read it.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 07:33 AM
I don't plan to be able to survive for that many billions so, have at it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-04-2016, 08:01 AM
(21-04-2016 07:24 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I just want to watch the world learn.

Oh it's gon' learn...
(begins taking off belt)

'Murican Canadian
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
21-04-2016, 08:36 AM

[+] 4 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-04-2016, 09:09 AM
These are the kind of thoughts I had back when I was 18-early 20s. Are you within that age range too?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 09:55 AM
(21-04-2016 09:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  These are the kind of thoughts I had back when I was 18-early 20s. Are you within that age range too?

Agreed, now nearly 40 I just point and laugh at everything while mocking with a scathing sarcasm Smile