Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 10:04 AM
RE: Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?
Coming up on 40 as well, and I think I'm getting worse Tongue When I was in my late teens I still had hope.

In all likelihood, things will go normal(ish) from here on out. I'll go to my civilian job, make decent money, raise my kids, start building my vacation home out in the sticks, etc., and with any luck have a short deployment with the Vermont Guard here and there, with most of my training and prepping being more for my entertainment than anything else.

But... If I wake up one morning and the news is like "OMG the sky is falling and alien zombies are melting people and eating their brains and gangs have taken over in the chaos!", I doubt I'd be able to hide the grin on my face as I went to procure my arsenal and get into contact with my fellow nutcases so we can decide who to go fight first.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 10:07 AM
(21-04-2016 07:33 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't plan to be able to survive for that many billions so, have at it.

Yep. This planet will eventually by burned. By the sun in a billions of years or by a nuclear war .

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
21-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Bump SleepySleepy
21-04-2016, 01:03 PM
(21-04-2016 09:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  These are the kind of thoughts I had back when I was 18-early 20s. Are you within that age range too?

No, in fact I will be 38 in 7 days. I still feel a good trashing is what our complacent society needs.
21-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Just something about want to think about. When you worry about governments taking over the world, it's important to remember that the United States government was unable to handle Bosnia in an armed conflict. Do you really think any government can take over the most heavily armed citizenry in the world? I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Only if the incendiary devices are short lived and look like this:

[Image: 1vB0YQQ.jpg]
21-04-2016, 07:30 PM
(21-04-2016 09:55 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 09:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  These are the kind of thoughts I had back when I was 18-early 20s. Are you within that age range too?

Agreed, now nearly 40 I just point and laugh at everything while mocking with a scathing sarcasm Smile

oh shit! me too!
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
21-04-2016, 07:37 PM
(21-04-2016 01:03 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

No, in fact I will be 38 in 7 days. I still feel a good trashing is what our complacent society needs.

so you think ww1 and 2 changed the world for the better, eh? i doubt that the nonexistant decendants of the people that died without having children would agree with you. nor the babies and children that never lived to grow old. you should maybe have a care (i generally dont) when it comes to dismissing such an unimaginable loss of life. rather shocks me that you're that old.
21-04-2016, 07:41 PM
To be truthful, that's reminiscent of the exact same mentality young and middle age ranged men going INTO WW1 felt. . . because there was so much romanticism of war of the past that their generations didn't have only their grandfathers or great-grandfathers could have a legacy too. They felt there was too much complacency with all the growing technology booming around them.

Then ww1 did happen and they got smacked into the mouth at how that new technology and just realities of what war always was smacked them silly.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
22-04-2016, 05:47 AM
(21-04-2016 07:37 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 01:03 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, in fact I will be 38 in 7 days. I still feel a good trashing is what our complacent society needs.

so you think ww1 and 2 changed the world for the better, eh? i doubt that the nonexistant decendants of the people that died without having children would agree with you. nor the babies and children that never lived to grow old. you should maybe have a care (i generally dont) when it comes to dismissing such an unimaginable loss of life. rather shocks me that you're that old.

I don't view all human life or human life in general as precious. I see the world as dangerously overpopulated. I also learned at an early age just how cruel and nasty even young children can be. Also, I said that I want for some exterior force to attack us. This petty shit that currently drives the world sucks. Someone attacking the entire planet for the resources and humanity having to put aside our screwed up shit, now that would change things for the better.