Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2016, 06:38 AM
RE: Does anyone else just want to watch the world burn?
No, I want to see humans rise to their potential. Ot won't happen in my lifetime but I would like to see a glimmer of hope.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
22-04-2016, 06:50 AM
(22-04-2016 06:38 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I want to see humans rise to their potential. Ot won't happen in my lifetime but I would like to see a glimmer of hope.

I want to see this, too.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
22-04-2016, 07:02 AM
(22-04-2016 06:38 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I want to see humans rise to their potential. Ot won't happen in my lifetime but I would like to see a glimmer of hope.

I see no hope. In world of plenty starvation exist. In a world where human rights are supposedly important genocides still happen, wars still happen. Governments spy on citizens for their own good of course, freedom is stripped in name of "security". Gods worshiped by man are hateful tyrants and/or bloodthirsty monsters.

Man. It does not sound proudly.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-04-2016, 07:43 AM
It isn't even about the nonsense that most people identify as problems from my perspective. It's the end goal. Going by the standards of others, I shouldn't have anything to complain about. My career is going well, I've got two great kids, my girlfriend hasn't murdered me yet... pretty much picture perfect.

But none of it matters. It isn't the government, or the people, or some other problem that's unique to modern times that has me unhappy, it's my own mind within the context of a world I wasn't made for. The best case scenarios of the many varieties of idealists in the world simply don't hold my interest. Their best case scenario is my biggest fear. Boredom, frustration, pointlessness. I'm tired of everything being about social security, medical care, or human potential whatever that even means. I just wanna go hunt mammoths and not be chronically sexually frustrated Hobo This modern world and everything people hope it becomes can kiss my ass Thumbsup We weren't made/evolved for this world. We're simple creatures with simple instincts that are, unfortunately, obsolete.

I don't suppose this helped promote the case that I'm not nuts, but oh well Drinking Beverage

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
22-04-2016, 08:12 AM

My commute to work every day tells me that you would never see it happen even if you lived to be 3,000 years old or (poking fun at the bible) 900 years old. People are petty, self important, idiots that have to make things more difficult on others in order to satisfy their superiority complex.
22-04-2016, 08:19 AM
I do see hope just not it this thread. Sorry, I'll keep my optimism to myself. I need it to survive but I don't have to share.

Have a miserable day... I guess. *shrugs*

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
22-04-2016, 08:33 AM
Sorry to disappoint, but hope and optimism aren't my strong points. I put them right up there with faith. For what it's worth, I like to think I'm pretty good at doing what society has defined as "right" even if my mind is somewhere else and I entertain myself in my free time by preparing for the so called collapse Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-04-2016, 08:42 AM
I think society as we know it is heading for a fall. As more and more parts of the world develop and the population increases our current model is just not sustainable. In some ways I almost hope "the end" comes during my lifetime, just to see how it all unfolds. So many generations of Man have speculated about what it would be like and how it would be put into motion. I'm not sure if it's the end of life on earth or just the utter decimation of our current society but I think something BIG is coming sooner than most people realize. I think it's just a question of whether it's pushing the reset button, or pulling the plug altogether. All empires eventually fall - but the "empire" this time is far more global and the technology more advanced, the people a lot more interdependent, and the stakes are a lot higher. When this empire falls it may take the plant itself with it. Of course people have been saying this for thousands of years already, so what do I know?
22-04-2016, 09:11 AM
(22-04-2016 08:42 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  I think society as we know it is heading for a fall. As more and more parts of the world develop and the population increases our current model is just not sustainable. In some ways I almost hope "the end" comes during my lifetime, just to see how it all unfolds. So many generations of Man have speculated about what it would be like and how it would be put into motion. I'm not sure if it's the end of life on earth or just the utter decimation of our current society but I think something BIG is coming sooner than most people realize. I think it's just a question of whether it's pushing the reset button, or pulling the plug altogether. All empires eventually fall - but the "empire" this time is far more global and the technology more advanced, the people a lot more interdependent, and the stakes are a lot higher. When this empire falls it may take the plant itself with it. Of course people have been saying this for thousands of years already, so what do I know?

like george carlin said, the planet isnt going anywhere. WE are! pack your shit folks. the planet'll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
22-04-2016, 09:17 AM
There are sooooo many people on this one tiny planet. I think we are more like the cockroach now. You can kill many of us, hell most of us but not all of us. There will always be enough left over to continue on.