Does anyone have plans to see this movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 01:15 AM by Hjilm9a.)
Does anyone have plans to see this movie
Would be fun to see, i like the villians and the good guys portrayed in this trailer. It's like they make it very obvious, i don't have plans to watch it i think, but what about you?

I do like the jamming music at the end though, even if i don't believe in God, still nice for some reason.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Does anyone have plans to see this movie
I wouldn't make it through to is movie. Saw a trailer for it at the movie theater and almost started shouting right there in my seat.
16-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:Does anyone have plans to see this movie

NO

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
17-10-2013, 11:26 AM
it doesn't even seem fun to watch. Take What Dreams May Come, that a movie with strong theistic advocacy, but I could watch it and cry a river every night... this is just a lousy infomercial

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
17-10-2013, 11:53 AM
(17-10-2013 11:26 AM)nach_in Wrote:  it doesn't even seem fun to watch. Take What Dreams May Come, that a movie with strong theistic advocacy, but I could watch it and cry a river every night... this is just a lousy infomercial

Well What Dreams may Come had great Actors and a good timeless story this is just schlock.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-10-2013, 11:58 AM
(17-10-2013 11:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 11:26 AM)nach_in Wrote:  it doesn't even seem fun to watch. Take What Dreams May Come, that a movie with strong theistic advocacy, but I could watch it and cry a river every night... this is just a lousy infomercial

Well What Dreams may Come had great Actors and a good timeless story this is just schlock.

that's my point, I don't mind theism in movies. However, I do not care for crappy stories and mediocre characters

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
17-10-2013, 12:04 PM
(17-10-2013 11:53 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

"Science proves god's real and you know it..." No, won't be watching this one.
17-10-2013, 06:04 PM

One of my favorite movies <3
17-10-2013, 07:45 PM
What a pile of shit. Don't waste your time watching shit like that.

(1) Philosophy isn't taught that way in any secular university that I am aware of. Any lecturer that behaved that way would be sacked.

(2) The phrase "God is dead" does not mean "God does not exist". Nietzche popularised that phrase and most people would not have heard it if only Hegel had used it so I assume its Nietzchean meaning. Nietzche was an atheist but he did not mean by that phrase that God does not exist. Indeed it it possible that God exists but is nevertheless "dead" in the Nietzchean sense. Nietzche was making a much broader point that the idea of God as transcendent source of authority and hence morality and value was dead in the popular and academic imagination and he was actually alarmed by this development. He believed that this loss of a transcendent source of morality and value would plunge the West into a nihilism. Some Christians agree with Nietzche and his broader thesis is actually consistent with Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

(3) The movie appears to be based on a at least two well-rehearsed canards: philosophy departments are populated by militantly atheistic academics, atheism is essentially emotive and derived from a hatred of God.

Don't watch rubbish like this. Take the ~90 minutes you would have spent on this
awful film and use it to actively rebel against the film's sloppy research and propagandistic intent. Some suggestions:
--read this
--survey first year syllabi that are online
--read the first chapter of an introductory philosophy text
--study/review the problem of evil

Movies like that seek to stupify and emtionally manipulate you. Be an asshole like me and subvert the movies intention by using it as an impetus to move in the opposite direction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post