Does anyone know if Amy Poehler has a religion or believes in God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2015, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 07:27 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
RE: Does anyone know if Amy Poehler has a religion or believes in God?
(05-03-2015 10:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes thank you I am aware of that, I'm not a fucking idiot you twat.
People don't have to drink. Some people are not appealed by it, like the taste or wish to dish out a fuck ton of money for it.

You are aware of it, but then you jump from "I don't drink" to "I don't want to get drunk". And now you're saying the same thing.

You can drink moderately without getting drunk and without wasting loads of money.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-03-2015, 04:19 PM
I should probably drink less. My coping mechanisms aren't quite cutting it, though, and it will still be 6 weeks before I get into the shrink, and that's if I don't have to work that day and need to reschedule my appointment. Til then, looks like I'll occasionally self medicate with ETOH and sex just as humans have been doing for thousands of years.

Mai Tais and Sex on the Beach taste pretty damn good. As far as shots: Jell-O shots, Vegas bombs, red headed sluts, buttery nipples...they all taste fantastic.

I rather enjoy Pinot Noir, porters, and hefeweizens...but those probably don't taste as good to someone who rarely drinks.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
06-03-2015, 04:41 PM
(05-03-2015 10:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 03:38 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You know, there are more options besides "I never drink" and "I always get drunk".

Yes thank you I am aware of that, I'm not a fucking idiot you twat.
People don't have to drink. Some people are not appealed by it, like the taste or wish to dish out a fuck ton of money for it.

Muffs, I don't like booze either. Alcohol, every bit of it, tastes like shoe polish to me. I've tried to like alcohol, I really have, but it's just nasty stuff. When I got married someone brought some wine that cost $150.00 American dollars and told me it was the best stuff and I'd just love it. Well, I didn't. More shoe polish.

Beer, and I'm talking expensive beer, tastes like some sort of industrial sludge cleaner.

A friend want's me to try some mead, thinks I'll like it. I'm skeptical. Dodgy

And I've never understood the charm of getting drunk and vomiting all over everything.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
06-03-2015, 05:12 PM
(06-03-2015 07:17 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 10:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes thank you I am aware of that, I'm not a fucking idiot you twat.

You are aware of it, but then you jump from "I don't drink" to "I don't want to get drunk". And now you're saying the same thing.

You can drink moderately without getting drunk and without wasting loads of money.

Are you fucking retarded or just fucking stupid?
Do you not hear the words that are coming out of my mouth?
Allow me to type in bigger letters so you can see it more clearly because obviously you missed something.

I don't like drinking.

Is that clear enough for your feeble little brain to comprehend. Maybe lay off the booze for a little while, allow some brain cells to grow back so that you can compute what I have to say.

Jesus H Christ.
06-03-2015, 05:36 PM
(05-03-2015 03:38 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You know, there are more options besides "I never drink" and "I always get drunk".

There are?

(06-03-2015 04:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And I've never understood the charm of getting drunk and vomiting all over everything.

You vomit?

#sigh
06-03-2015, 05:40 PM
Earmuffs, are you unable to get your point across without insulting? Maybe if you eased on that, you would be able to read my posts properly. I never even mentioned the part where you don't like alcohol, I only quoted another part of your post. You obviously missed that.

(06-03-2015 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

There are?

Yes.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Drinking alcohol isn't something that everyone enjoys.

Some people don't like the smell, the taste, or the effects.

Some people SHOULDN'T drink because they have a tendency (for whatever reason) to overdo it... Once they start - they can't stop...

And some people shouldn't drink - because they're looking for an excuse to be an asshole..... They drink, they become assholes, and blame the booze.

Then there's the people who can drink, not be assholes about it, and enjoy it for what it is. Chemical recreation. I suspect they're actually a minority...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-03-2015, 05:45 PM
But the question at hand is: Does anyone know if Amy Poehler has a religion or believes in God?

I am still waiting to find out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-03-2015, 06:06 PM
(06-03-2015 05:40 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Earmuffs, are you unable to get your point across without insulting? Maybe if you eased on that, you would be able to read my posts properly. I never even mentioned the part where you don't like alcohol, I only quoted another part of your post. You obviously missed that.

(06-03-2015 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There are?

Yes.

You mean these little lushes who drink all night and don't get drunk? Curiously, the primates appear to have evolved from that stock. Consider

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2015, 06:10 PM
(06-03-2015 06:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You mean these little lushes who drink all night and don't get drunk? Curiously, the primates appear to have evolved from that stock. Consider

Ahah well, no, but it's interesting. Didn't know about that. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd