Does anyone think I am a "bigot"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Does anyone think I am a "bigot"?
(25-11-2015 08:05 AM)KUSA Wrote:  big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Yes you are a bigot.

Bullshit.

Tell me what makes me a bigot for saying it is bullshit to open a book, and because of what you read in it, you have the right to deny gays the right to marry? What makes me a bigot for saying the flood did not happen when science says it did not happen the way the bible claims? What makes me a bigot for saying you are a fucking dick for picking up a book, and justifying slamming planes into buildings for some stupid idea that you will be a hero. If you want me to be tolerant of that you are barking up the wrong tree.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2015, 01:54 PM
ˈbiɡət/
noun

Yes you are a bigot.

Non sequitur.

By that definition, Brian has shown intolerance towards 'the different opinion' ... no evidence to suppose he has been intolerant toward those people holding those different opinions.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-11-2015, 02:03 PM
(25-11-2015 01:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
ˈbiɡət/
noun

Yes you are a bigot.

Non sequitur.

By that definition, Brian has shown intolerance towards 'the different opinion' ... no evidence to suppose he has been intolerant toward those people holding those different opinions.

Drinking Beverage

Well hold on now. I am intolerant of anyone going beyond merely expressing dissent to the point of calling for the harm of others or oppressive law or violence in the name of a belief. In that context I am intolerant to those people, as individuals.

But no, if all someone is saying "Brian you are going to burn in hell because you don't believe" I am only intolerant of bad logic and will only counter with " bullshit" or "fuck you" and if I feel like being polite, I might say "What makes you think there is a hell for me to burn in"?

But if someone says "Kill all atheists" yea, certainly I would be intolerant of that person because at that point, they are a direct threat to my existence.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
25-11-2015, 10:45 PM
(25-11-2015 01:04 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 08:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think he hates white Africans.

I hate plaid people and navel lint. Outside that I simply hate my species insecurities that cause them to cling to the past and get violent over it to protect the claims of antiquity.

But I do not hate my species capability for empathy.

Wait, there is a human group of people who have plaid skin and you jerks didn't tell me about them? Where do they live? Is that what Muffs, is? it's New Zealanders isn't it?

I don't think I've seen bigotry out of you because it's not like you've scourged people for saying disagreeing things.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-11-2015, 11:15 PM
ABBA were great produces of pop music. They had editing down pat.

I have no thoughts on your being a bigot.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-11-2015, 11:32 PM
(25-11-2015 05:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am not talking about if people think I can be obnoxious, or think I am a jerk. I don't think anyone can like everyone all the time.

Does anyone who has spent any length of time reading my posts think I want to arrest people for making bad claims, or fear someone's mere existence because they have a belief?

Yabut, who are you?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
25-11-2015, 11:40 PM
(25-11-2015 11:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  ...
Yabut, who are you?

He's Brian the Bigot.

Angel

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
25-11-2015, 11:51 PM
(25-11-2015 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 11:32 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  ...
Yabut, who are you?

He's Brian the Bigot.

Angel

You almost made peanut butter come out of my nose. Don't ask.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
26-11-2015, 01:34 AM
Annoying? Sometimes.

Hyperbolic? On occasion.

Bigoted? Nah.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
26-11-2015, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2015 01:45 PM by Free Thought.)
(25-11-2015 11:51 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-11-2015 11:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  He's Brian the Bigot.

Angel

You almost made peanut butter come out of my nose. Don't ask.

Well, now that you've said that, we kind of have to.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post