Does anyone watch the god channel?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Does anyone watch the god channel?
Or is it just me?

I don't know why but about once a week, usually on a Saturday night after a few bottles of beer like now, I feel compelled to switch the fucking thing on for 10 minutes or so.

So right now, I've got 'gospel night' with some bitch shouting for all her worth (with an interpreter parroting away). I just have some morbid fascination I suppose. It almost seems like something from a bad film or somewhere in the past.

And to see vast swathes of the audience lapping it up makes me feel quite ill but still....I keep watching!

Think I should switch back to the darts...

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
08-03-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Does anyone watch the god channel?
There's a god channel?

In which country?

And for that matter... which god?

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
08-03-2014, 02:40 PM
UK. It seems to be just the christian god from what I can tell.

Using Tapatalk
08-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Gone back to the darts now, can't take more than a few minutes before I want to smash something which is not good.

The 'god' of the darts has already been knocked out though so waiting to see who will step up to take the throne.

Using Tapatalk
08-03-2014, 02:49 PM
(08-03-2014 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There's a god channel?

In which country?

Its on Sky... Can't remember the number, but I think its around channel 500...

I used to put the religious channels on for a laugh, but some of the shows just creep me out. Especially that Joel Austin bloke... So fake and plastic.

Revelation TV is the one... All the creationist bullshit is on there. I used to put it on for a laugh but it just made me angry. When they start on about "supersonic mudflows" and "sandstone plumes"... And their absolute obsession with gaps in the fossil record.

The one that left me speechless was when they claimed that dinosaurs had existed up until the medieval period.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Sometimes for a bit of a laugh. They have all sorts of fools on their. Joyce Meyer comes across as fairly strident. Their is some guy called Joel Osteen who really creeps me out. He has such weird eyes and teeth and then there is some Philipino guy with mad hair. They also play the lamest movies known to man. I don't know how anyone with a brain cold watch them. Oh and then there is a really annoying guy who goes around college campuses and conducts question and answer type sessions outdoors with people. He is the absolute limit.
08-03-2014, 07:11 PM
(08-03-2014 06:14 PM)Pippen Wrote:  then there is some Philipino guy with mad hair.

Probably Joseph Prince. The Asian Donny Osmond of televangelist. If he's not gay, he should be.

[Image: joseph-prince.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
08-03-2014, 07:29 PM
(08-03-2014 07:11 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 06:14 PM)Pippen Wrote:  then there is some Philipino guy with mad hair.

Probably Joseph Prince. The Asian Donny Osmond of televangelist. If he's not gay, he should be.

[Image: joseph-prince.jpg]

That's him! His hair fascinates me. The only other person I have ever met who spent that much time on their hair was my Chinese Goth flatmate at Uni.
08-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Just found the annoying twat who really grinds my gears. He has to be the most sanctimonious prig to have ever existed.

http://givemeananswer.org/?page_id=177

Cliffe Knechtle. Even his name is stupid
08-03-2014, 07:51 PM
(08-03-2014 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  There's a god channel?

In which country?

And which version, like 1879 Baptists or 1915 Baptists, huge difference, worthy of calling each heretics ...

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post