Does anyone watch the god channel?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
08-03-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Does anyone watch the god channel?
(08-03-2014 07:29 PM)Pippen Wrote:  That's him! His hair fascinates me. The only other person I have ever met who spent that much time on their hair was my Chinese Goth flatmate at Uni.

What ? A university Chinese Goth with intensive attention on his hair ?

That's a rare combination.

Wait, I might have seen on of those online.

[Image: 20121119105327228.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 07:58 PM
(08-03-2014 07:11 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 06:14 PM)Pippen Wrote:  then there is some Philipino guy with mad hair.

Probably Joseph Prince. The Asian Donny Osmond of televangelist. If he's not gay, he should be.

[Image: joseph-prince.jpg]

I've seen this guy a few times. I watch him for a few minutes to try to figure out why the hell he's so pretty and to try to guess his age. But yeah, I've got a few Christian channels with basic cable (I know one's Catholic idk about the others) and I watch them for a good laugh and to feel a bit more sane. Oh, and to see what sort of amazing good deals and blessings you can get if you call now to get their thing-a-ma-bog of course.

[Image: notagain.gif]
08-03-2014, 08:48 PM
(08-03-2014 07:57 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 07:29 PM)Pippen Wrote:  That's him! His hair fascinates me. The only other person I have ever met who spent that much time on their hair was my Chinese Goth flatmate at Uni.

What ? A university Chinese Goth with intensive attention on his hair ?

That's a rare combination.

Wait, I might have seen on of those online.

[Image: 20121119105327228.jpg]

My friend's was much more elaborate than that. If anyone came within touching distance of it he would lose his shit. Every time he would pass out drunk we would try and there would be a whole lot of frantic hand waving. We used to invite people round to watch. Loved that guy he was about the sweetest human being ever. 20k people on campus and he was famous for his hair.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
08-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Wow! Things have changed so much.

I can remember the public debate over whether having a 4th channel would contribute to the dumbing-down of a once great nation - (probably said by) Daily Telegraph.

But it sounds like the British sense of humour trumps all ... "you have the right of freedom of speech and we have the right to laugh at you." Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-03-2014, 12:25 AM
(08-03-2014 09:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Wow! Things have changed so much.

I can remember the public debate over whether having a 4th channel would contribute to the dumbing-down of a once great nation - (probably said by) Daily Telegraph.

But it sounds like the British sense of humour trumps all ... "you have the right of freedom of speech and we have the right to laugh at you." Big Grin

Do they still have the war channel? The one that pretty much plays the news and docos about the shit getting bombed out of everything.
09-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Only to screw with the kids. Angel

I always find something science-y on TV, tell the kids " hey, come here, check this out"

Every now and then I fool them with the televangelists just to hear them scream and run away. They only make it 30 seconds to a minute. They get freaked out by it because they can smell the bs. We get a good laugh - it's all in good fun.

It's a great way to make sure I get the tv all to myself for the next hour to watch whatever I want. Big Grin

Edited to add: my kids (and I ) are super creeped out by Osteen

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2014, 03:26 AM
No.
I prefer the cartoon channel.
Much better.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-03-2014, 04:11 AM
Trying to work out why I switch it on every so often (and because the wife asks me the same). I think I am just fascinated that grown adults can talk and behave how they do.

I don't think it registers properly in my head that they are actually serious yet I know that they are.

But yes, cartoon channel is better (and far more honest).

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
09-03-2014, 04:56 AM
Perhaps watching the God channel is like watching a modern day freak show.

When I found out about Benny Hinn I couldn't help watching videos of him on youtube. It was really interesting to pin-point exactly how he was doing it but it was more amazing to see just how people really wanted it to be true. It was like watching theatre where the audience is part of the cast, or live action role playing.
09-03-2014, 06:03 AM
(09-03-2014 12:25 AM)Pippen Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 09:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Wow! Things have changed so much.

Do they still have the war channel? The one that pretty much plays the news and docos about the shit getting bombed out of everything.

There was the Military History Channel for a few years, but that's called H 2 now and its mostly reruns of Pawn Stars.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user