Does atheism oppose the world religions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2018, 04:09 AM
RE: Does atheism oppose the world religions?
(02-01-2018 02:48 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  Is it necessary to debate between atheism and a religion?

No. I love my Gwynnies! Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-01-2018, 04:10 AM
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 06:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Laugh out load

No.

Atheism is not a procedure and you can't remove existence from something that doesn't exist and when something doesn't exist it doesn't have properties.

It appears to be very difficult for some theists to accept that atheists don't see any need to have a central focus of worship. It also appears impossible for many to grasp that atheism is just not accepting the claims of existence for a god and not a different form of religion.
You are talking about the agency of Verity, which decides over the validity of a religions.

Wut.

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-01-2018, 04:31 AM
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 06:33 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Laugh out load

No.

Atheism is not a procedure and you can't remove existence from something that doesn't exist and when something doesn't exist it doesn't have properties.

It appears to be very difficult for some theists to accept that atheists don't see any need to have a central focus of worship. It also appears impossible for many to grasp that atheism is just not accepting the claims of existence for a god and not a different form of religion.
You are talking about the agency of Verity, which decides over the validity of a religions. In Atheism, there is no such thing. Then, being atheists, one can hear that the theists are saying about their God, and use it as definition of this God. Then, the atheism removes one single feature of this God. And that imprint becomes left in atheist mind: Nonexisting Loving God. Atheist has thought about the God: "God does not exist", which is not yet scientifically validated. Why then, to oppose the world religions?

I observe that English is not your first language, but your statements lack any cogent meaning.
Would you care to try again in your language? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-01-2018, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 05:52 AM by TheInquisition.)
(03-01-2018 04:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  You are talking about the agency of Verity, which decides over the validity of a religions. In Atheism, there is no such thing. Then, being atheists, one can hear that the theists are saying about their God, and use it as definition of this God. Then, the atheism removes one single feature of this God. And that imprint becomes left in atheist mind: Nonexisting Loving God. Atheist has thought about the God: "God does not exist", which is not yet scientifically validated. Why then, to oppose the world religions?

I observe that English is not your first language, but your statements lack any cogent meaning.
Would you care to try again in your language? Consider

This one sounds like TheBorg, I wonder if we'll be regaled with stories of CERN opening a portal to hell?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
03-01-2018, 06:12 AM
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  You are talking about the agency of Verity, which decides over the validity of a religions.

The only agency deciding the validity of religions is the individual which is one of the main problems.

Quote:In Atheism, there is no such thing. Then, being atheists, one can hear that the theists are saying about their God, and use it as definition of this God.

Except that there is no single definition. It sometimes appears that every believer has their own definition of their god.

Quote:Then, the atheism removes one single feature of this God. And that imprint becomes left in atheist mind: Nonexisting Loving God.

That is complete garbage. Atheists don't believe in a non-existing loving god. The whole god concept is worthless and is discarded as the useless waste of time that it is.

Quote:Atheist has thought about the God: "God does not exist", which is not yet scientifically validated.

Atheism is not the claim "god does not exist", it is the statement "you have not provided evidence for your god claim". There is no need to scientifically validate the non-existence of gods because that isn't how it works. If you claim that a god exists and you want anybody else to believe it then you need to provide the evidence supporting that claim. After thousands of years of trying the theists have provided nothing of substance.

Quote:Why then, to oppose the world religions?

Because they impede social and scientific progress, drain resources from people that could go to better uses, and cause unnecessary misery. Religion is a pernicious virus that we would be much better off without.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
03-01-2018, 04:39 PM
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  Then, the atheism removes one single feature of this God.

No, if something does not exist then it has no features at all. It's like wondering about the political views of corpse.

Quote:Atheist has thought about the God: "God does not exist",

You are confusing atheism with anti-theism. "I do not believe in God." is not the same as "I believe that God is not."

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
03-01-2018, 05:21 PM
(03-01-2018 02:51 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  You are talking about the agency of Verity, which decides over the validity of a religions. In Atheism, there is no such thing. Then, being atheists, one can hear that the theists are saying about their God, and use it as definition of this God. Then, the atheism removes one single feature of this God. And that imprint becomes left in atheist mind: Nonexisting Loving God. Atheist has thought about the God: "God does not exist", which is not yet scientifically validated. Why then, to oppose the world religions?

WTF are you even talking about.
What the hell is the agency of Verity ? Define it.
You're TOTALLY wrong. NO atheist has ANY "imprint" about any god.
You're making up this shit.

Science WILL NEVER have anything to say about any god. There is no way to subject the concept to science, (which I see you know nothing about).
The religions of the world are their own worst enemies. There is no evidence for ANY god, loving or otherwise.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
03-01-2018, 05:23 PM
I think atheists mostly oppose theists who try to manipulate others into blindly believing things.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-01-2018, 05:28 PM
(03-01-2018 05:23 PM)kim Wrote:  I think atheists mostly oppose theists who try to manipulate others into blindly believing things.

And those who would impose their arbitrary, archaic, absolutist absurdities on anyone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-01-2018, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 05:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
Atheism abhors ignorance.

(03-01-2018 04:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 02:48 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  Is it necessary to debate between atheism and a religion?

No. I love my Gwynnies! Heart

Atheism is silent on batshit bonkers. It's silence is deafening. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post