Does atheism oppose the world religions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2018, 05:37 PM
RE: Does atheism oppose the world religions?
(03-01-2018 05:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 05:23 PM)kim Wrote:  I think atheists mostly oppose theists who try to manipulate others into blindly believing things.

And those who would impose their arbitrary, archaic, absolutist absurdities on anyone.

Nobody likes that stuff. I just figure most theists have no idea they are imposing and intruding on anyone's life. But I guarantee ... anyone who manipulates another person, knows exactly what they're doing.
I can tolerate bumbling ineptitude but, a deliberate mind fuck is a crime against humanity. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-01-2018, 05:39 PM
merged with previous

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
03-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Atheism is such a simple concept, why does it seem like it's very hard to understand though.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-01-2018, 05:45 PM
By the way ... when I say, 'deliberate mind fuck' ... I generally mean, religion. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
03-01-2018, 06:04 PM
(02-01-2018 02:48 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  Is it necessary to debate between atheism and a religion?

The bold man has no hair. We can say, what he has non-existent hair. The atheist comes to any theist, looks at his god. This god has following properties, according to theist: existent, loving, judging, omnipresent (or any properties the theist thinks of his god). Then, the procedure of atheism removes one single property from this list: existence. Remains: loving, judging, omnipresent, etc.
So, the atheists encompass all gods of theism-s, but removing the property of existence. So, one can finally conclude what atheism is: it is having the Nonexistent Loving God, so an atheist feels free today to love and tomorrow to reject love's existence. Am I right?

Every now and then a theist posts something so convoluted, distorted, nonsensical, obtuse, idiotic and garbled that I’m left thinking, “How does it feed itself?”
Am I right?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-01-2018, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2018 06:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-01-2018 05:37 PM)kim Wrote:  I can tolerate bumbling ineptitude but, a deliberate mind fuck is a crime against humanity.
(03-01-2018 05:45 PM)kim Wrote:  By the way ... when I say, 'deliberate mind fuck' ... I generally mean, religion. Shy

wut? No, just no. No Come here and let Girly give you a good deliberate mind fuck. ... lemme think ... Kim ... already experienced*, check ... UPS driver in like fucking godforsaken Kansas so used to spending most of her life alone in confined metal spaces for long periods of time getting from point to point, check ... trippy dippy hippie chick, check ...

Girly's DeliberateMindFuck™ for Kim would be a nice full body massage from a Thai lady boy with a happy ending, followed by a nice big fat billy and a light tonic of freshly squeezed cucumber vodka water with a touch of soda and 4-way windowpane and 10 hours floating in an isolation tank listening to Ravel's Bolero. ... And maybe some Angel Dust after she comes out and dries off just to fully embed and imprint the experience. ... I'm thinking I might be able to make some money doing this. Smile

* In the Hendrix, "Are You Experienced? Have You Ever Been Experienced?" sense.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-01-2018, 06:16 PM
(03-01-2018 06:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 05:45 PM)kim Wrote:  By the way ... when I say, 'deliberate mind fuck' ... I generally mean, religion. Shy

wut? No, just no. No Come here and let Girly give you a good deliberate mind fuck. ... lemme think ... Kim ... already experienced*, check ... UPS driver in like fucking godforsaken Kansas so used to spending most of her life alone in confined metal spaces for long periods of time getting from point to point, check ... trippy dippy hippie chick, check ...

It also occurs to me that I might've already seen you in an episode of Criminal Minds. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-01-2018, 07:40 PM
(03-01-2018 06:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-01-2018 02:48 AM)thermodynamics Wrote:  Is it necessary to debate between atheism and a religion?

The bold man has no hair. We can say, what he has non-existent hair. The atheist comes to any theist, looks at his god. This god has following properties, according to theist: existent, loving, judging, omnipresent (or any properties the theist thinks of his god). Then, the procedure of atheism removes one single property from this list: existence. Remains: loving, judging, omnipresent, etc.
So, the atheists encompass all gods of theism-s, but removing the property of existence. So, one can finally conclude what atheism is: it is having the Nonexistent Loving God, so an atheist feels free today to love and tomorrow to reject love's existence. Am I right?

Every now and then a theist posts something so convoluted, distorted, nonsensical, obtuse, idiotic and garbled that I’m left thinking, “How does it feed itself?”
Am I right?

I wanna know how does it get its socks on in the morning without assistance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-01-2018, 08:37 PM
I I know the intention was not so subtle, but I'm allowing myself to enjoy the humor of the choice of username.
So sciency and Truthy!
And this Verity thing, who knew?
Look at all the time and grief that could have saved.
03-01-2018, 08:45 PM
(03-01-2018 07:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 06:04 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Every now and then a theist posts something so convoluted, distorted, nonsensical, obtuse, idiotic and garbled that I’m left thinking, “How does it feed itself?”
Am I right?

I wanna know how does it get its socks on in the morning without assistance.

Socks? >nom< >nom< >nom< >nom< What socks?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.