Does atheism or theism have any practical uses for society?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: Does atheism or theism have any practical uses for society?
(04-10-2013 06:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:34 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  To be agnostic about fairies?
But agnosticism has nothing to do with belief, so that is a different topic.
But Atheism has nothing to do with belief either.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 07:18 PM
(04-10-2013 06:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:34 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  To be agnostic about fairies?
But agnosticism has nothing to do with belief, so that is a different topic.
pretty sure it does..but hey you do realise that I and I makes threads like this all the time? He's only interested in his own answers. We like feeding him little troll treats.
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
04-10-2013, 10:55 PM
(04-10-2013 07:18 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 06:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But agnosticism has nothing to do with belief, so that is a different topic.
pretty sure it does..but hey you do realise that I and I makes threads like this all the time? He's only interested in his own answers. We like feeding him little troll treats.
Agnosticism is about knowledge rather than belief. There are agnostic atheist and gnostic atheists, agnostic theists and gnostic theists.

If someone tells you that they are agnostic, this doesn't help you know if they believe in gods or not.

Yes, I understand that many people feed I and I troll treats. If you don't respect the guy then rather than waste time or clutter this forum would it be best to ignore him rather than feed him?
05-10-2013, 12:01 AM
(04-10-2013 10:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(04-10-2013 07:18 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  pretty sure it does..but hey you do realise that I and I makes threads like this all the time? He's only interested in his own answers. We like feeding him little troll treats.
Agnosticism is about knowledge rather than belief. There are agnostic atheist and gnostic atheists, agnostic theists and gnostic theists.

If someone tells you that they are agnostic, this doesn't help you know if they believe in gods or not.

Yes, I understand that many people feed I and I troll treats. If you don't respect the guy then rather than waste time or clutter this forum would it be best to ignore him rather than feed him?
Good to know. I never said anything about respect, he's got opinions just not very open to discussion. Was just a warning.
05-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Shhh!
All this talk about the non-existence of unicorns will upset LadyJane.

Anyway, believing in unicorns does have a practical side when I comes to the mundane...

If we all pray hard enough, I think we can get I and I's car working.

Let's try.

05-10-2013, 05:06 AM
Atheism has a very practical use for society. If more people were atheists, they would stop praying to God to save them, they'd realize that only THEY can help themselves and they'd do something to change things.

If that's what you mean.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-10-2013, 05:23 AM
atheists want to rule things and believers want to rule others

it is the proof that we are fucked, the end

if you want to b useful objectively u cant but negatively, if u try positively u will then kill what is already done as the answers of everything

only by insulting or ruining and destroying what is known being of ones powers lies and positive knowledge abuse, that u can b useful to society or whtever existence looks like living

so neither believers nor atheists
05-10-2013, 06:57 AM
(04-10-2013 06:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  If me and you were fixing a car, how would any of our beliefs affect the way we go about repairing the car.
It wouldn't.

But what if two kids grew up wanting to get into a field of earth science, and one was taught the earth was 6000 years old and evolution was false, and then later learned that brought his chance of getting that job down to near zero?

Or what if 2 men or 2 women went to the court house to get a marriage license only to have them say "Nope, that goes against god's will"?

Those are just 2 examples of "practical" issues with atheism/theism.

[Image: 21omssh.jpg]
05-10-2013, 07:25 AM
it is funny how i n i think...

u cant mean others life and everything rights as a car to fix by one theist and another atheist ...creepy evil talks..

n who is the atheist??? me??? how would u force to talk about my kind as an atheist or a believer when i keep demonstrating from the beggining how both are the same crap

but infinity is ur source for sure bc it is infinity the more it touchs u the more you are free

what is really grand is what god are its opposite
[+] 1 user Likes absols's post
05-10-2013, 07:43 AM
(05-10-2013 02:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Shhh!
All this talk about the non-existence of unicorns will upset LadyJane.

Anyway, believing in unicorns does have a practical side when I comes to the mundane...

If we all pray hard enough, I think we can get I and I's car working.

Let's try.

Oy vey! To many conflicting non-beliefs interfering with the power of prayer. I think we just short-circuited the whole grid. I bet the gods would have a panic attack at that, to hear total silence. Then again, maybe not some. Some just want the human species gone.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]