Does detector LIGO work on freewill only?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-09-2016, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2016 12:51 PM by Commonsensei.)
RE: Does detector LIGO work on freewill only?
(06-09-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 06:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay. The bible is a jumbled mess of unedited nonsense written by ignorant savages.

Is that better?
It is just your opinion.

And the your opinion on it, is your opinion. So how to we figure out who opinion has more legs to stand on? Blind acceptance.

(06-09-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  There are many sick people.

By sick i'm assuming your not meaning (cough cough sneeze)type of sick. But people that that get their jollys from seeing missurae in other people.

If you can conclude their are many "sick" people. Could we also conclude that their were many sick people during the time of the writing of these books? Could one of these "sick" people had access to a pen and paper?

(06-09-2016 10:07 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Think about it.

And most of us have. Which is why we're atheists.

I can't speak for anyone else by myself but a lot of atheists didn't reach this conclusion lightly. My self reached it threw years of seeded doubt sprinkled threw-out my life. and acculary doing some hard digging later in my years. Tring to figure out the truth. Only to come out the other end an atheist.

(06-09-2016 10:23 PM)theBorg Wrote:  You have no True God inside your heart (the "True God" is designation of the very first life in history). Therefore, you are saying "No True God." You have just examined your heart and found no True God there. But teach the atheists to talk in less absurd way.

I asked you some questions in another thread that I never got a response to so i'll ask them again.

There is a knock on your front door. When you open up the door you see behind it is something that says "Hi, i'm the true god.".

What do you see? How dose this thing look different then anything else in the world? Would you automatically believe it to be your god? Or would your first thought be that it lying? Would you ask it questions to better understand it? If you asked questions what would they be? What would your requirements be to determine that what stood before you was the "true god".

Until i have a definition I can not conclude that this entity that you call true god lives in my heart or let alone exist.

So far all you've really said is "he's the first life." But that doesn't tell us really anything. I understand this is what you believe. And therefore it make sense to you but if your going to hope to "teach the atheists to talk in less absurd way." we're going to need more than that.

So let's make a deal you answer my questions to the best of your ability. And i'll answer your questions to the best of my ability. And we'll see if we can't change each others mind.

That is of course, unless you don't feel up to this sort of challenge. I'd even take you to The Boxing Ring if your afraid of distractions. For a one on one discussion.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
07-09-2016, 03:55 PM
(06-09-2016 10:23 PM)theBorg Wrote:  You have no True God inside your heart

The Surgeon General warns that having God in your heart can clog arteries.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
07-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Do theists who try to argue against science understand science? Not really.

07-09-2016, 04:05 PM
(06-09-2016 03:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 01:12 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  When a gravity wave passes, it changes the length of the arms,
Why? You see: the reflecting mirrors (at the ends of the arms) are not in free-motion. They are rigidly attached to the arms.

Wow. Way to parade your ignorance.

The "mirrors" in LIGO are fixed because what you're actually measuring is the change in the length in the 4 km long beam path. That only happens when a gravity wave distorts space-time. If the mirrors were free-floating then they'd dance like wind chimes and you'd never detect a damned thing.

Not that I expect you to understand this since it's blindingly obvious that you're just copy-N-pasting some evangelical site's drivel without the faintest hint of comprehension.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
07-09-2016, 04:20 PM
(07-09-2016 04:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(06-09-2016 03:28 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Why? You see: the reflecting mirrors (at the ends of the arms) are not in free-motion. They are rigidly attached to the arms.

Wow. Way to parade your ignorance.

The "mirrors" in LIGO are fixed because what you're actually measuring is the change in the length in the 4 km long beam path. That only happens when a gravity wave distorts space-time. If the mirrors were free-floating then they'd dance like wind chimes and you'd never detect a damned thing.

Not that I expect you to understand this since it's blindingly obvious that you're just copy-N-pasting some evangelical site's drivel without the faintest hint of comprehension.

Just ask him to explain the principle of an interferometer in his own words. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
07-09-2016, 04:22 PM
From people who actually know what they're jabbering about: Testing Einstein's Weak Equivalence Principle With Gravitational Waves

That took 30 seconds of searching with Google. Try to understand what you're posting about. Cue the next installment in "Conflated Rubbish I Don't Understand Therefor God".

---
07-09-2016, 05:11 PM
(07-09-2016 04:20 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Just ask him to explain the principle of an interferometer in his own words. Drinking Beverage

I'd prefer if he could explain how an interferometer is supposed to have free will. After all, I'm reliably informed that:
(07-09-2016 04:39 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The Life means freewill. Robots are not alive.

Hell, at this point I'd be happy if he could clarify just which side he's arguing for.

---
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
09-09-2016, 12:19 PM
I found something for our little cube-dweller. But be careful, it may endanger your ignorance!

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
09-09-2016, 01:45 PM
At work.

Hug

YES! Deesse23! Exactly! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
11-09-2016, 06:23 AM
(07-09-2016 06:40 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 04:39 AM)theBorg Wrote:  The Life means freewill. Robots are not alive.
Someone who has severe brain damage and cannot make any decisions for themselves?...
Define freewill.
Then the things are just more complicated, that does not debunk my definition. I just modify it: Life is the potential to make the free actions, the sick person can miraculously get healthy (the resurrection), so he is also alive. Dead bodies in the grave will be resurrected, so the death of the bodies is temporary.

The free action can not be predicted with absolute certainty. The double slit experiment, a photon hits the screen, its impact place is uncertain. If this is the True Uncertainty, then the Freewill of the True God directs the photon.