Does detector LIGO work on freewill only?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
11-09-2016, 06:34 AM
RE: Does detector LIGO work on freewill only?
(07-09-2016 04:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  the change in the length in the 4 km long beam path.
This is absurd: if it is really the 4 km, then it is really constant. How the 4 km can change??? If it is changed, and now it is 5 km, then it is not the 4 km anymore. Correct?

P.S. My reputation is very negative, but my warning level is perfect. Might it be, what I was wrongly accused all the way?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2016, 07:08 AM
(11-09-2016 06:34 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 04:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  the change in the length in the 4 km long beam path.
This is absurd: if it is really the 4 km, then it is really constant. How the 4 km can change??? If it is changed, and now it is 5 km, then it is not the 4 km anymore. Correct?

P.S. My reputation is very negative, but my warning level is perfect. Might it be, what I was wrongly accused all the way?

Watch the video and get less ignorant, how about that?
Hint: The lightbeams are much longer than 4km actually (22:00).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
11-09-2016, 07:09 AM
(11-09-2016 06:23 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(07-09-2016 06:40 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Someone who has severe brain damage and cannot make any decisions for themselves?...
Define freewill.
Then the things are just more complicated, that does not debunk my definition. I just modify it: Life is the potential to make the free actions, the sick person can miraculously get healthy (the resurrection), so he is also alive. Dead bodies in the grave will be resurrected, so the death of the bodies is temporary.

The free action can not be predicted with absolute certainty. The double slit experiment, a photon hits the screen, its impact place is uncertain. If this is the True Uncertainty, then the Freewill of the True God directs the photon.

Yeah and gravity isn't really gravity, it's actually angels guiding the paths of planets. 3000 BC called, they want their mythology back.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
11-09-2016, 07:10 AM

Maybe angels are protecting you. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-09-2016, 07:15 AM

Its not "absurd", its called "relativity". The gravitational waves change space itself (and lenth is a property of space) like pulling on a rubber band.

Und what rock are you living not to have heared about this?

11-09-2016, 09:05 AM
(11-09-2016 07:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The gravitational waves change space itself (and lenth is a property of space) like pulling on a rubber band.
The length of a ruler, the length of a car, the brick, the length of a human p*n*s, etc. is not easy to change. The length between two dust particles in empty space is easy to change. Correct?
11-09-2016, 10:14 AM

Blimey, Borgie, do you know nothing about how a laser interferometer works, or how a laser seimograph works for that matter?

Read this please

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interferometry

Or this since you seem to distrust Wiki.

http://www.renishaw.com/en/interferometr...ined--7854

Renishaw is a company who are world experts in measuring to the tiniest amount. Nearly got a job there once.

Really quite simply to anyone able to cope with basic science.

I would guess you have a low warning score because you have broken now serious rules. However, since you seem incapable of accepting anything not sanctioned y something or someone religious people, or that fits in your world view, others just get fed up with you.

You have no dislikes from me because I pity you in you plight.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
11-09-2016, 10:18 AM
(11-09-2016 09:05 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 07:15 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  The gravitational waves change space itself (and lenth is a property of space) like pulling on a rubber band.
The length of a ruler, the length of a car, the brick, the length of a human p*n*s, etc. is not easy to change. The length between two dust particles in empty space is easy to change. Correct?

All those lengths get changed easily by gravity, all the time and everywhere, because gravity stretches space itself (and not things within space). If you cant wrap your head around this then its about time, because scientits are providing proof of this scientific fact of relativity for 100y. Facepalm
Gravity just happens to be by far the weakest of all fundamental forces, so you dont notice it. And thats why scientitsts chose to observe the gravitationally strongest events in space, colliding black holes (30 solar masses each).

Gravity stretches space, no matter if dust or your p*n*s is inhabiting this space, and no matter how hard and rigid....dust is.

If you had watched the video you would have learned that in this event gravitaional waves were created by transforming 3 solar masses of matter into energy in an near instant. This was more mass/energy than the rest of the observable universe was converting at that time.

When was the last time you opened a science book to learn something? Seriously, now that we are living in the age of information, its so easy to have access to this information. The virtually only reason no tto be informed nowadays is because someone does not want to be informed. Think about this please.

Lastly there are so many educated people (scientists/engineers) in here who could educate you, why dont you want to learn? Ego?

[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
11-09-2016, 10:22 AM

Breaking forum rules gets you warned. Having a density inside your skull like osmium and your incredible lack of with gets you negative reputation votes. Reputation is simply acceptance (or here, disaffection) from the people here. I'm still voting troll, but I could just demote you to "Lackwit, 3rd Class".
11-09-2016, 12:57 PM

It is not absurd, it is the entire point of the experiment. Space and time are not constant, they are mutable. This is the very foundation of Relativity. Gravitational waves cause otherwise unchanging space-time to expand and contract as they pass. This means that the 4 km really does change, albeit by an incredibly tiny amount. This change in the length of the arms is what LIGO measures.

Quote:P.S. My reputation is very negative, but my warning level is perfect. Might it be, what I was wrongly accused all the way?

No, they are two different indicators. Reputation is based on how much the general members like/dislike you based on your behavior. Warning level is based on official warnings from Mods and Admins that you have bent or broken the rules. It is entirely possible to be a raging jack-ass without ever breaking any of the rules.

Another useful indicator is the likes given and received. In 160 posts you have received 2 likes for one post where you actually made a funny. This is a good indicator that your drivel isn't well-received here. You have liked a grand total of one post, which is a pretty obvious indicator that you're a sour bastard who doesn't much like any of us.

BTW, I am still waiting to hear how the LIGO interferometer, a collection of inanimate components, could possibly have free will. Is it haunted?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post