Does fascism come by request?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: Does fascism come by request?
(03-05-2013 04:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Awww isn't it cute when a kid tries to act tough by cursing? Well if you really want an education I can suggest a few places to start but here is a quick overview for you.

Dictatorship is really a term for a totalitarian government with 1 central Strong Man in the lead, Say like the Castro Brothers in Cuba. This is not necessarily malevolent but is very prone to abuse. Cuba is a good example of a mostly benevolent dictatorship, the majority of cuban not living in Miami still have a high approval rating for Fidel and now for his brother Raul. However since they do not allow for opposition they are still dictators.

Now malevolent Dictatorships (such as the one in Iraq under Saddam) rely on fear and a select group of people given extraordinary power directly from the Dictator. All power flows directly from him and is usually cordoned off. This way it keeps underlings from accumulating enough power on their own to challenge the Dictator. Hallmarks of this form of Dictatorship is the use of the Secret Police, a group that has no official standing but is used to intimidate civilians and rivals alike. Argentinians coined the phrase "the disapeared" to describe those that the government would abduct.

Now while every Dictatorship began in it's own way there are several factors shared between them. Sadam for example followed the Stalin method of using his power as the head of the secret police to dispose his uncle, where as Castro was the popular leader of the rebel force that overthrew the corrupt western backed government more in the Ho chi min or Mao Zedong style.

In all of these forms of Dictatorship while the majority of the population is kept powerless there is always a ruling class that is dependant on the Dictator for their power and as I said not every Dictator is hated by his people.

Ruh Roh, the pretend atheist is going to go with the classic "atheist commies are bad" line.

Really, because I don't see where that conclusion was implied anywhere in his post just because he used Communist examples.

Quote:Hussein when he was the U.S. fuck buddy jailed and killed thousands of "evil commies" and other leftist parties which forever changed the political landscape of that country making it mainly a religious nation of believers. And guess which organization helped hussein round up names of and spy on leftists in Iraq......the organization starts with C....and end with A. Which is it kids?

So they did, who gives a shit? Revenant wasn't trying to cover the US's actions in Iraq just because he asserted that Saddam wasn't a popular leader.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 05:02 AM
(03-05-2013 04:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  Which is it kids?

Awwww.... It's trying to be condescending and belittle us... Isn't it cute!

Have a taste of your own medicine fucktard.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I and I, I find myself agreeing with you politically while also being offended by your actions. You belittle and use offensive language. This does not do yourself good. It does do yourself harm and lessons what you are trying to say.
04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Public officials in Cuba run for office the way judges run for office in Cook County.

Not a democracy.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Well, I don't think 99% of people are saying "we need more fascism!"

In some instances, I think people want things to be more secure or safe, which can lead to fascism, or at least curtailing people's freedoms. So people could request something more fascist, but they don't see it as being fascist. It's all about getting the bad guy.

And in some cases, people don't think these new rules will affect them. Let's take airline security. There were all these bombers and stuff, so people wanted more airline security. Some people never figured that with more security comes more inconvenience. It's like they think more security means the they'll just psychically be able to get the bad guys or they'll just question suspicious looking people (and we can guess what that looks like for some people) or just didn't think it through. I don't totally blame them because most people aren't terrorists, so I'd be a bit peeved if I were checked.
07-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Does fascism come by request?
(07-05-2013 10:50 AM)Messed Up Kitten Wrote:  Well, I don't think 99% of people are saying "we need more fascism!"

In some instances, I think people want things to be more secure or safe, which can lead to fascism, or at least curtailing people's freedoms. So people could request something more fascist, but they don't see it as being fascist. It's all about getting the bad guy.

And in some cases, people don't think these new rules will affect them. Let's take airline security. There were all these bombers and stuff, so people wanted more airline security. Some people never figured that with more security comes more inconvenience. It's like they think more security means the they'll just psychically be able to get the bad guys or they'll just question suspicious looking people (and we can guess what that looks like for some people) or just didn't think it through. I don't totally blame them because most people aren't terrorists, so I'd be a bit peeved if I were checked.

That is true, if people believe ( faith based and not fact based) their government won't or couldn't become fascist then pretty much any movement towards fascism is not noticed or not worthy of further thought.
08-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I&I, you're an idiot.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post