Does "fate" exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Does "fate" exist?
Insufficient data for meaningful answer.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2017, 07:05 AM
(29-04-2017 12:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 09:06 AM)whateverist Wrote:  IT MUST! ahhhhhhhh

Do you will it so? Clarify:

Nah it's just my destiny to realize fate is necessary. I wasn't so much willing it as giving fate its props. Wink

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
01-05-2017, 07:17 AM
(01-05-2017 07:05 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 12:32 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Do you will it so? Clarify:

Nah it's just my destiny to realize fate is necessary. I wasn't so much willing it as giving fate its props. Wink

Not my will so it must be yours. I can only give props in hindsight. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-05-2017, 07:22 AM
I don't believe in fate, however I do think there are things we do just by our own actions and behavior that produce a particular outcome. So not by fate or the stars aligning etc,. but rather through our *own* actions we can shape our "destiny."

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-05-2017, 10:33 AM
(28-04-2017 09:06 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I'm extremely anti-fate. There may be determinism lurking somewhere under the surface, but I proceed on the assumption that the universe has no friggin' clue what's going to happen next, and that at most there are strings of diverging probabilities that one can strategically tweak to one's benefit.

Of course the universe has no friggin' clue, how could it since "it" has no consciousness at least as far as anyone can tell.

I, too, am anti-fate, things happen because they happen; they are not per-determined. That would suggest that something beyond ourselves is the controlling factor both with the universe and human actions, quantum mechanics pretty much rules that out.

Somewhat [Image: br3RYAq.gif?zoom=2]

I, also, have the same problem with "cause and effect". Cause and effect are legal concepts that bare no relationship to whatever happened in reality. A train hits a car stuck or unlucky enough to be on a crossing with or without crossing guards. Tell my the cause and effect and I'll give you a number of causes and effects previous to the "accident" going back ad infinitum until the beginnings of the universe is reached, First cause: bullshit.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
04-05-2017, 05:25 PM
(28-04-2017 06:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No.
Look up Heisenberg's "Uncertainty".
Pay attention in Physics class.

Well excuse me for not being able to do basic algebra. Not everyone took Physics class in High school like you did. They don't offer Physics at my old high school.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-11-2017, 10:39 AM
(28-04-2017 07:59 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I don't believe in fate. I believe in time. Time (IMO) controls everything. I always equate something as simple as misplacing your car keys. If you misplace your keys then you are running a few seconds to a few mins later than you normally would have been. So... What if, you hop in your car and have a fatal wreck a few miles down the road that you wouldn't have been involved in had you not misplaced your keys. If you hadn't misplaced your keys you would have missed the wreck since you were ahead of what might have happened. I realize that is a simplistic answer but it is valid answer. Anything we do from the time we were a small child all the way through adulthood has consequences. Call it the "butterfly" effect if you like. I don't chalk that up to fate. Just timing.
I personally think your IGNORANCE is what landed you in fatal wreck.
If you give attention to all the little things in life and act consciously, you wouldn't have misplaced your keys at the first point.
So what i feel is everything what happens to us is the consequence of our actions,which may be done consciously or unconsciously.
10-11-2017, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 01:03 PM by Vera.)
(28-04-2017 09:06 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I'm extremely anti-fate.
'ello, 'ello, 'ello, what 'ave we got here then? An ANTIFA extremist, eh? I knew it! Dodgy

[Image: hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCNACELwBSFryq4...wsPhB6UmxA]

Big Grin

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."