Does it qualify for a nightmare?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Does it qualify for a nightmare?
I've been having dreams of my ex. I really loved her a lot. We fought and she broke things off with me. She was determined to get the attention of a guy...lets just say that me and this guy are not about to win the Nobel Peace Prize. We competed for her and I won. Then I fucked up. She said she wanted him. Look this was a long time ago.

So why am I being tormented by these dreams of her being with him and pregnant? I don't know who she's dating but the other guy didn't seem interested after she was with me. He only acted interested to get to me and screw around with the girls head.

Why am I still having these dreams? I just want them to stop.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Does it qualify for a nightmare?
(13-07-2014 05:59 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I've been having dreams of my ex. I really loved her a lot. We fought and she broke things off with me. She was determined to get the attention of a guy...lets just say that me and this guy are not about to win the Nobel Peace Prize. We competed for her and I won. Then I fucked up. She said she wanted him. Look this was a long time ago.

So why am I being tormented by these dreams of her being with him and pregnant? I don't know who she's dating but the other guy didn't seem interested after she was with me. He only acted interested to get to me and screw around with the girls head.

Your brain still hasn't found an agreeable way to file away what happened, there are some open ends. The dreams actually help you solve this - all by themselves.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-07-2014, 10:31 PM
(13-07-2014 06:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-07-2014 05:59 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I've been having dreams of my ex. I really loved her a lot. We fought and she broke things off with me. She was determined to get the attention of a guy...lets just say that me and this guy are not about to win the Nobel Peace Prize. We competed for her and I won. Then I fucked up. She said she wanted him. Look this was a long time ago.

Your brain still hasn't found an agreeable way to file away what happened, there are some open ends. The dreams actually help you solve this - all by themselves.

Sauce?
13-07-2014, 10:40 PM
I'd say that's a pretty clear cut nightmare.

My ex drugged and raped me in a dream the other night. I was scared, but turned on. I couldn't move, tried to get her off of me.. And forced myself to wake up.

Of course what seemed like a nightmare, immediately became a "why the fuck did I wake myself up?"

Now THERES a "does it qualify as a nightmare?" Kinda dream.

As far as how to dream less, or be picky about dream types, I have no idea. I have way more dreams if I take melatonin. Also drinking, or smoking too much weed.

Go do some new things, like COMPLETELY new. New place, schedule, people... And then at least you'll have some fresh memories to process as dreams.
13-07-2014, 11:57 PM
(13-07-2014 10:40 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Go do some new things, like COMPLETELY new. New place, schedule, people... And then at least you'll have some fresh memories to process as dreams.

That sounds like a plan. I've made a point to not fall for anyone like I did with her.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
14-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Luckily every person you'll love will be different love. Its never the same. Do activities that are new, give yourself time to heal.
14-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Well it's very simple.

You still have feelings for this chick and it fucks you up to know that she's out there with other guys now instead of you.

What will make it stop? Time. And maybe not even that will heal you completely. This is the nature of romance. We love someone, and our darwinian mindset makes it so we can't help but want them for ourselves. When they leave/get with someone else, it makes us feel all icky. This cannot be helped.

Either you'll get over this in time, or you'll find something/someone else to occupy your mind.

Better off single and with a cold mug in hand, says I. But, that's me. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2014, 04:07 AM
I know exactly how that feels, OP. Hug

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]