Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
(20-01-2016 10:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 09:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  Wait, Giggly's a Men's Rights Activist? LaughatLaughatLaughat

He's a fucking troll.

And not a very good one.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-01-2016, 10:33 PM
(20-01-2016 10:28 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 10:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  He's a fucking troll.

Just call anyone you don't like a troll. It's simpler that way. Troll means something very specific; it's not just general profanity. Ignorant disgusting fuck.

I don't interact with people I don't like. You, however, listed "troll" under a previous user title. You also blow whatever smoke you deem sufficient up under people's skirts in order to get a reaction. That's the specific you were looking for.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-01-2016, 11:50 PM
(20-01-2016 09:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I also agree with Feminism, at its base definition.

Feminism, MRA, MGTOW... All sounds good to me Thumbsup Big Grin

How to be a feminist/MRA

1.Bitch about an irrelevant first world problems and pretend they are an issue.

2.????

3.Profit

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-01-2016, 12:11 AM
(20-01-2016 11:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 09:44 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I also agree with Feminism, at its base definition.

Feminism, MRA, MGTOW... All sounds good to me Thumbsup Big Grin

How to be a feminist/MRA

2.????

3.Profit
Is that a south park reference? Haha.

As far as I see, both "movements" advocate for equality and fairness. I see nothing wrong with it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
21-01-2016, 12:16 AM
(21-01-2016 12:11 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 11:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  How to be a feminist/MRA

2.????

3.Profit
Is that a south park reference? Haha.

As far as I see, both "movements" advocate for equality and fairness. I see nothing wrong with it.

They say equality, and many do go for that, but both are bat shit crazy in claims and will no true scotsman the shit out of each other when they see one of them fuck up.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-01-2016, 12:19 AM
(21-01-2016 12:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:11 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Is that a south park reference? Haha.

They say equality, and many do go for that, but both are bat shit crazy in claims and will no true scotsman the shit out of each other when they see one of them fuck up.
The pop-culture representation of feminism tends to be bizarre and over the top. I've seen a few people personify that too. But the basic "mission" of feminism is something I think most people would agree with. But because of the perception of what a feminist is there is stigma attached to the label. It's unfortunate.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
21-01-2016, 12:26 AM
(21-01-2016 12:19 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They say equality, and many do go for that, but both are bat shit crazy in claims and will no true scotsman the shit out of each other when they see one of them fuck up.
The pop-culture representation of feminism tends to be bizarre and over the top. I've seen a few people personify that too. But the basic "mission" of feminism is something I think most people would agree with. But because of the perception of what a feminist is there is stigma attached to the label. It's unfortunate.

Well what do you expect. I can agree with females having the same right as males, but now a days they don't bring up anything important, some do, but many I have seen don't. Besides egalitarian works better than both MRAs and Femenist.

21-01-2016, 01:12 AM
(21-01-2016 12:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:19 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  The pop-culture representation of feminism tends to be bizarre and over the top. I've seen a few people personify that too. But the basic "mission" of feminism is something I think most people would agree with. But because of the perception of what a feminist is there is stigma attached to the label. It's unfortunate.

Well what do you expect. I can agree with females having the same right as males, but now a days they don't bring up anything important, some do, but many I have seen don't. Besides egalitarian works better than both MRAs and Femenist.

Sigh.

Feminism has always, simply, been about women getting the same legal and social status that men get automatically. Not more, but not *less*. Since the legal battles have been largely won (except in backwards places like rural Russia), it's the social changes that are largely the focus of the movement now. For example, there are very few female CEOs of companies *anywhere* in the world. 60% of women working in Silicon valley say they have been sexually harassed at work. There is a need to address these things.

Men's rights activism I don't know about, perhaps our resident activist can educate us about what rights we men don't have that we should have?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-01-2016, 01:25 AM
(21-01-2016 01:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well what do you expect. I can agree with females having the same right as males, but now a days they don't bring up anything important, some do, but many I have seen don't. Besides egalitarian works better than both MRAs and Femenist.

Sigh.

Feminism has always, simply, been about women getting the same legal and social status that men get automatically. Not more, but not *less*. Since the legal battles have been largely won (except in backwards places like rural Russia), it's the social changes that are largely the focus of the movement now. For example, there are very few female CEOs of companies *anywhere* in the world. 60% of women working in Silicon valley say they have been sexually harassed at work. There is a need to address these things.

Men's rights activism I don't know about, perhaps our resident activist can educate us about what rights we men don't have that we should have?

Well if that is the case MRA's are just as legitimate, as they address things like false rape allegations, males losing in divorce courts. Also females not being CEOs is a result of well, women not wanting to. Not many males want to either, but that is the result of freedom of choice.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-01-2016, 02:42 AM
(21-01-2016 01:25 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  false rape allegations, males losing in divorce courts.
Because these cases are so common and pervasive throughout society, and so unnoticed, that they need activists to raise awareness...

Quote:Also females not being CEOs is a result of well, women not wanting to. Not many males want to either, but that is the result of freedom of choice.
I'm sure that women everywhere prefer to stay at home and raise the kids, hell, they don't even like jobs much, much less the top job. Think of all that stress. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post