Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 03:06 AM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
(21-01-2016 02:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because these cases are so common and pervasive throughout society, and so unnoticed, that they need activists to raise awareness...

Well yeah, because most people don't care about what happens to men, even other men. False rape accusations can ruin a mans life, even afterwards, and divorce is bad enough for men, that they seem to be avoiding marriage, hell, even saying it is bad.

(21-01-2016 02:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sure that women everywhere prefer to stay at home and raise the kids, hell, they don't even like jobs much, much less the top job. Think of all that stress. Rolleyes

Surely bad sarcasm. To place what you said in perspective, it is kinda dumb to say. Females, like men, can choose whether or not to be CEOs of anything. Unless you are suggesting they should be handed such jobs because they are women?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 03:19 AM
(21-01-2016 03:06 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well yeah, because most people don't care about what happens to men, even other men. False rape accusations can ruin a mans life, even afterwards, and divorce is bad enough for men, that they seem to be avoiding marriage, hell, even saying it is bad.
Well jeez, I thought false rape accusations were just fine and dandy and people would send the guy chocolate Rolleyes And wow, poor men who don't want to get married, surely we need a society, a gentleman's club if you will, where we can hold their hands and explain to them that marriage isn't that bad.

Quote:
(21-01-2016 02:42 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm sure that women everywhere prefer to stay at home and raise the kids, hell, they don't even like jobs much, much less the top job. Think of all that stress. Rolleyes

Surely bad sarcasm. To place what you said in perspective, it is kinda dumb to say. Females, like men, can choose whether or not to be CEOs of anything. Unless you are suggesting they should be handed such jobs because they are women?

Your suggested reason that there are very few female CEOs (that they just don't want the job) is laughable.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-01-2016, 03:31 AM
(21-01-2016 03:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well jeez, I thought false rape accusations were just fine and dandy and people would send the guy chocolate Rolleyes And wow, poor men who don't want to get married, surely we need a society, a gentleman's club if you will, where we can hold their hands and explain to them that marriage isn't that bad.

You kinda proved my point with the attitude.

(21-01-2016 03:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your suggested reason that there are very few female CEOs (that they just don't want the job) is laughable.

Well it is. Why don't many males want to be elementary school teachers? Not many. The fact there are females CEOs shows that females can be CEOs if they work hard. Sorry man, but choice is choice.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
21-01-2016, 03:55 AM
(21-01-2016 03:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 03:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well jeez, I thought false rape accusations were just fine and dandy and people would send the guy chocolate Rolleyes And wow, poor men who don't want to get married, surely we need a society, a gentleman's club if you will, where we can hold their hands and explain to them that marriage isn't that bad.

You kinda proved my point with the attitude.

Can't help it man, I've just got bad attitude. Maybe I should be a "men who have bad attitude's rights" activist.

Quote:
(21-01-2016 03:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Your suggested reason that there are very few female CEOs (that they just don't want the job) is laughable.

Well it is. Why don't many males want to be elementary school teachers? Not many. The fact there are females CEOs shows that females can be CEOs if they work hard. Sorry man, but choice is choice.

Oh my God you're right. How did I not see this before. And the fact that there are so few black CEOs in America must be because they don't want the job either? After all *there are* black CEOs too, so they can be CEOs if they work hard. Insititutional discrimination just can't be a thing, provided at least *one* succeeds.

ETA: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/29...72074.html

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-01-2016, 04:10 AM
(21-01-2016 03:06 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Females, like men, can choose whether or not to be CEOs of anything. Unless you are suggesting they should be handed such jobs because they are women?

Yes, but women are expected and encouraged to do or not do things just because they are women from the second they are born. Same goes for men, but it's usually the women who are told or made to think they're not "smart enough" to do certain things. I've heard teachers say that "math is for boys" and "languages are for girls" more than once in my school years.

(21-01-2016 03:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why don't many males want to be elementary school teachers? Not many. The fact there are females CEOs shows that females can be CEOs if they work hard. Sorry man, but choice is choice.

Who said they don't want to be? It's just that being an elementary school teacher is not "manly". Men feel the need to conform too. Choice is not always conscious choice. Hell, even I'd change my major if I could go back in time. There is always too much pressure to choose what you will do in life, from parents, schools, society. It's not as simple as you present it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-01-2016, 04:16 AM
(21-01-2016 03:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 03:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You kinda proved my point with the attitude.

Can't help it man, I've just got bad attitude. Maybe I should be a "men who have bad attitude's rights" activist.

Quote:Well it is. Why don't many males want to be elementary school teachers? Not many. The fact there are females CEOs shows that females can be CEOs if they work hard. Sorry man, but choice is choice.

Oh my God you're right. How did I not see this before. And the fact that there are so few black CEOs in America must be because they don't want the job either? After all *there are* black CEOs too, so they can be CEOs if they work hard. Insititutional discrimination just can't be a thing, provided at least *one* succeeds.

>Thinking the state of being a CEO is dependent on anything other than onesself.

How the fuck lol. If you create the business you are the CEO. If the CEO leaves his position to a man so fucking what? His business, his choice. Women have every right to start their own business and thus enter the state of 'being a CEO.' They don't have the right to success of their business, nore the right to CEO position in someone elses business. Nah too hard to understand. Let's just enforce a gender quota on already existing succesfull businesses. Idiot.

>Unironically sourcing huffpost.

Looooool.

When you see see a dicrepency without an immediate explanation you just insert sexism or racism. God of the gaps for the authoritarian left, eh?
21-01-2016, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 04:29 AM by Banjo.)
Text deleted due to it may have been conceived as offensive. Mind unclear. D.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
21-01-2016, 04:23 AM
(21-01-2016 04:10 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yes, but women are expected and encouraged to do or not do things just because they are women from the second they are born. Same goes for men, but it's usually the women who are told or made to think they're not "smart enough" to do certain things. I've heard teachers say that "math is for boys" and "languages are for girls" more than once in my school years.
Meanwhile female-only scholarships and female gender quotas. Tinfoil hat detected.
21-01-2016, 04:35 AM
Come on Giggly Smile What rights do I as a man not have, that I should have? After all, you're fighting the good fight on my behalf apparently Rolleyes

21-01-2016, 04:36 AM
(21-01-2016 03:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Can't help it man, I've just got bad attitude. Maybe I should be a "men who have bad attitude's rights" activist.

Well then Big Grin. Guess some people are just created more equal than others.Wink
[quote]

(21-01-2016 03:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh my God you're right. How did I not see this before. And the fact that there are so few black CEOs in America must be because they don't want the job either? After all *there are* black CEOs too, so they can be CEOs if they work hard. Insititutional discrimination just can't be a thing, provided at least *one* succeeds.

It still comes down to choice. I never said that insitutional discrimination doesn't apply. This still doesn't mean that so many negros in america want to be CEOs, hell I know I don't, and many I know don't. The fact is that if a negro or a woman has a problem, just prove 'em wrong. Besides even if you solve the problem, how much will the number raise? You can find a way to stop this institutional discrimination, who said it raise numbers? To add still no use for feminism, just gender and racial egalitarianism. Tongue