Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 04:58 AM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
(21-01-2016 04:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:55 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  That's too bad. I'm not going to deconstruct that content on a ps4 so you will have to remain ignorant; smugly so now, I'm sure.

I mean besides the dressing slutty means you should not expecting on lookers thing, what EK said was true.
What did you hope this arbitrary affirmation to mean to me?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 05:00 AM

21-01-2016, 05:11 AM
(21-01-2016 04:58 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I mean besides the dressing slutty means you should not expecting on lookers thing, what EK said was true.
What did you hope this arbitrary affirmation to mean to me?

You gotta keep an open mind man. I mean if somebody has a point, you must coincide to it. I mean I think MRA is stupid, but I coincide to the point the courts are biased towards men when it comes to divorce and child custody, I coincide. When a feminist says something similar, I can coincide. You don't debate people to win, ya do it to learn.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-01-2016, 05:11 AM
(21-01-2016 04:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:55 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  That's too bad. I'm not going to deconstruct that content on a ps4 so you will have to remain ignorant; smugly so now, I'm sure.

I mean besides the dressing slutty means you should not expecting on lookers thing, what EK said was true.

If you dress proactively, one should reasonably expect looks. However that's not an excuse for crossing the line into de facto sexual harassment. Cat calls, unwanted advances, groping, and the like. How you dress is not a blank check for such actions, regardless of gender or sexual preference. It is however generally more socially acceptable and easier to get away with when such things are done against women by men, at least here in the US. A woman wears a tight blouse that accentuates her bust and that draws forth cat calls and advances, and it's more than common enough to explain away such harassment with some tired excuse; like blaming the woman for the actions of the men around her by lying the blame at her choice of attire instead of at the feet of the harassers themselves and the bystanders that say nothing. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Sexual harassment isn't cool. If you see something, say something; sometimes all it takes is one person speaking up to let people know that such actions are not acceptable. Men aren't immune to sexual harassment, but once again, it's nowhere near as socially acceptable or pervasive. Does it happen? Yes. Does it need to stop? You bet. Is it as bad as what women generally have to deal with? Nope.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2016, 05:22 AM
(21-01-2016 05:11 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:58 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  What did you hope this arbitrary affirmation to mean to me?

You gotta keep an open mind man. I mean if somebody has a point, you must coincide to it. I mean I think MRA is stupid, but I coincide to the point the courts are biased towards men when it comes to divorce and child custody, I coincide. When a feminist says something similar, I can coincide. You don't debate people to win, ya do it to learn.

Not in Australia.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-01-2016, 05:38 AM
(21-01-2016 05:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I mean besides the dressing slutty means you should not expecting on lookers thing, what EK said was true.

If you dress proactively, one should reasonably expect looks. However that's not an excuse for crossing the line into de facto sexual harassment. Cat calls, unwanted advances, groping, and the like. How you dress is not a blank check for such actions, regardless of gender or sexual preference. It is however generally more socially acceptable and easier to get away with when such things are done against women by men, at least here in the US. A woman wears a tight blouse that accentuates her bust and that draws forth cat calls and advances, and it's more than common enough to explain away such harassment with some tired excuse; like blaming the woman for the actions of the men around her by lying the blame at her choice of attire instead of at the feet of the harassers and the bystanders that say nothing. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Sexual harassment isn't cool. If you see something, say something; sometimes all it takes is one person speaking up to let people know that such actions are not acceptable. Men aren't immune to sexual harassment, but once again, it's nowhere near as socially acceptable or pervasive. Does it happen? Yes. Does it need to stop? You bet. Is it as bad as what women generally have to deal with? Nope.

I can agree with that, I don't think anyone dressing in a sexual way means they want to be touched. I was more on the catcall thing. I mean if you where such cloths, I mean a compliment like "you look good, or even just beautiful" isn't much of an issue. Maybe sometimes the asking them out, eh it is weird, but as long as they understand no is no, it can help. As long as no one is touching said person or that person is not following them around or keep yelling it at them, it should be good.

The thing about sexual harassment is what people consider it to be. What males consider sexual harassment is much more lenient than what females consider sexual harassment.

http://schoolworkhelper.net/sexual-haras...rceptions/

This in no way means that we should take sexual harassment any less seriously, but we do need to be skeptical of both sides.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-01-2016, 05:41 AM
(20-01-2016 07:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Friendships form working on a common goal, not from staring at each other. The more difficult, complex and more impossible the goal, the more intense the friendship.

.... free deepity from Bucky right there. Rolleyes

And like most deepities... kinda not true.

Drinking Beverage

21-01-2016, 06:09 AM
(21-01-2016 05:11 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 04:58 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  What did you hope this arbitrary affirmation to mean to me?

If there are two 'sides' that contradict one another the fair option isn't to afford both equal merit. That's a cop-out for the intellectually lazy; One side more accurately depicts reality than the other. It is precisely because I have an open mind that I realise this.
21-01-2016, 06:33 AM
(21-01-2016 05:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

If you dress proactively, one should reasonably expect looks. However that's not an excuse for crossing the line into de facto sexual harassment. Cat calls, unwanted advances, groping, and the like. How you dress is not a blank check for such actions, regardless of gender or sexual preference. It is however generally more socially acceptable and easier to get away with when such things are done against women by men, at least here in the US. A woman wears a tight blouse that accentuates her bust and that draws forth cat calls and advances, and it's more than common enough to explain away such harassment with some tired excuse; like blaming the woman for the actions of the men around her by lying the blame at her choice of attire instead of at the feet of the harassers themselves and the bystanders that say nothing. That was the point I was trying to get across.

Did you honestly just say it's easier for men to get away with sexual harassment than women in the US? The way it's worded it looks like you may have meant to posit the opposite.
21-01-2016, 06:52 AM
(21-01-2016 04:46 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I never really heard women being told they are not smart enough, in fact I was taught they were smarter. But that is just my anecdote

I didn't mean not smart enough in general. Girls are repeatedly made to think that boys are better at math and that business and management are a man's job.

I specifically remember a study showing that while girls in a school did generally worse than boys in maths, there was no difference whatsoever between women and men actually studying maths in university. They said the discrepancy may have to do with girls at school being treated as if there is no expectation of them to be good at maths, so it's a kind of learned helplessness. The exact same thing happens with boys and languages or literature.

(21-01-2016 04:46 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is correct, I am still saying choice is played in it.

You have to choose what you will do in life when you're 16 or 18, which is in no way an appropriate age for making major life decisions.

Yes, women may not choose to be CEO's, yes, it is a choice, but it is not a conscious choice, it is the result of the constant pressure and brain washing by society that dictates what women or men should or shouldn't do. That is a case of sexism in any way you see it and it should be addressed.

(21-01-2016 04:23 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Meanwhile female-only scholarships and female gender quotas. Tinfoil hat detected.

There is an equally significant number of male-only scholarships. What is your point?
And does the existence of female/male-only scholarships nullify the existence of sexism against both men and women?

(21-01-2016 06:09 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  If there are two 'sides' that contradict one another the fair option isn't to afford both equal merit. That's a cop-out for the intellectually lazy; One side more accurately depicts reality than the other. It is precisely because I have an open mind that I realise this.

That wasn't Zeke's point at all. He didn't tell you that you need to accept things you don't agree with just for the sake of finding common ground. He said that when someone does make a good point you should acknowledge it and put your biases aside instead of accusing everyone of "white-knighting".

It's funny how for MGTOW's, every man who doesn't want to just fuck and go or just doesn't agree with them is a "white knight". Kind of like every kind of conspiracy nutcase calls you a "shill" when you don't agree with them. Talk about an open mind, eh?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post