Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
I ran into a hot guy at the grocery store last week and he hasn't tracked me down and proposed to me yet. Movies lie Undecided love does not exist Consider

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like izel's post
16-01-2016, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2016 08:38 AM by Szuchow.)
(16-01-2016 08:24 AM)izel Wrote:  I ran into a hot guy at the grocery store last week and he hasn't tracked me down and proposed to me yet. Movies lie Undecided love does not exist Consider

I don't remember meeting you in the grocery store but I could try to catch you if that's your wish Wink.

But movies surely lie - where are all these hot teachers I wonder.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
16-01-2016, 08:56 AM
I say use love on important shit. I say just fuck and go. I mean at the end of the day this relationship thing is weird at if you need a shoulder, just go to a family member. Gay, lesbian, straight, just fuck and go, make sure it doesn't get to serious.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
16-01-2016, 09:30 AM
(16-01-2016 08:56 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I say use love on important shit. I say just fuck and go. I mean at the end of the day this relationship thing is weird at if you need a shoulder, just go to a family member. Gay, lesbian, straight, just fuck and go, make sure it doesn't get to serious.

Gasp But those people are the worst people for that.

Love not love, platonic friendship or in a family or not. If you find a fellow being that can understand you to a good decree, that's the thing worth keeping seriously.

The whole love thing connection at least helps break down some barriers to see if you can get there sometimes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
16-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Having a common interest is very helpful to sustain a relationship and for the most part I'm a pretty easy to get along with, so it my husband. We met when I was designing costumes for a Shakespeare Festival down in the Los Angeles area. He was one of the actors in Macbeth and he came into my costume shop to be measured for costumes along with a whole bunch of other actors and I was vaguely aware of him but was incredibly busy with things so I just measured him and went on to other things. (And I wasn't measuring anything untoward. Shame on you guys for thinking that!)

Something he later said stuck with me as very interesting. He said that there is nothing more wonderful and beautiful than seeing a woman busy and happy in her work. He claimed that watching a women being creative and engaged in that process is a complete, total turn on. I wonder if other men feel this way.

After a few costume fittings I started to notice him, especially when he was wearing a British uniform from 1898 for Twelfth Night. When I handed him the costume and he came out of the dressing room with that uniform on my knees went weak. I could barely breath. Then I had to do his makeup for a Macbeth fight scene. He needed a large scar on his forehead and blood packs in his costume. That was it, I was a gonner.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-01-2016, 01:40 PM
(16-01-2016 08:24 AM)izel Wrote:  I ran into a hot guy at the grocery store last week and he hasn't tracked me down and proposed to me yet. Movies lie Undecided love does not exist Consider

I got serenaded by a guy at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. In the dairy aisle. Unfortunately he was not hot. I did a wheelie with my cart and ran the other way--wound up leaving without buying my milk.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
16-01-2016, 01:48 PM
(16-01-2016 01:40 PM)julep Wrote:  

I got serenaded by a guy at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. In the dairy aisle. Unfortunately he was not hot. I did a wheelie with my cart and ran the other way--wound up leaving without buying my milk.

I just imagined you driving out the store on the cart.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-01-2016, 01:52 PM
(16-01-2016 01:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 01:40 PM)julep Wrote:  I got serenaded by a guy at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. In the dairy aisle. Unfortunately he was not hot. I did a wheelie with my cart and ran the other way--wound up leaving without buying my milk.

I just imagined you driving out the store on the cart.

I wanted to!
16-01-2016, 01:59 PM
(16-01-2016 01:40 PM)julep Wrote:  

Not hot people need love too, we also can be quite awesome loving human beings. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
16-01-2016, 02:17 PM
(16-01-2016 01:59 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(16-01-2016 01:40 PM)julep Wrote:  I got serenaded by a guy at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. In the dairy aisle. Unfortunately he was not hot. I did a wheelie with my cart and ran the other way--wound up leaving without buying my milk.

Not hot people need love too, we also can be quite awesome loving human beings. Sad

Sorry! Not meaning to imply anything negative, just riffing off Izel's hot guy reference. It seemed to me almost as if my guy and her guy needed to be cross-bred somehow to be in the same movie…

It was more the gesture that was off-putting to me than the guy's hotness, to be honest.

As I myself am not (currently) hot, either--I am a 20-years-married lady with an 18-year-old son--I found it unsettling and it made me just want to run the other way. It was 7:30 in the morning, I wasn't caffeinated enough to deal.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post