Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2016, 04:56 PM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
(19-01-2016 04:49 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 04:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You know, your attitude towards women is not doing you any favors.

I think the exact same about all men who are ignorant of human nature as dictated by evo psych - or are aware but believe humans have sufficiently disposed of it through the intellectual endeavor.

And I harbour no ill will for any human based on circumstances they had no control over.

And my convictions are not held by basis of what feels 'right' or 'favourable.'

I asked this question earlier in the thread. I'll ask it again. How do you account for older people and the elderly falling in love and marrying? Some are having sex, some are not, but they're in love none the less. What say you?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-01-2016, 04:58 PM
Girly, you've been in a relationship and have been married for years. That is experience Tongue At least compared to Zeke's (presumably) zero experience. Correct me if I'm wrong Zeke.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  'The one' or 'forever' type love is what doesn't exis, per se. You can have a monogamous relationship with a woman for 10 years - it doesn't matter - she will cheat on you, or leave you for someone else if:

A guy with better genes, better conditioned body, more assertive personality and/or more stoic personality, better accumulation of resources, better social status shows interest in her.

These traits are what draws a womans 'love' as they either directly or indirectly indicate a strong provider/protector. Women evolved to seek a strong provider/protector in a mate. They are hypergamous by nature; They will always go to a better provider/protector than their current if given the chance.

Men just want a warm, wet hole. And many will fuck other women than the one they're committed to if one shows interest in him.

Men are driven to fuck at all costs; In mating he does not care about what else she can be to him other than a female form to fuck. This creates a disparity in what sex is worth to both sexes. A womans sex is worth more than a mans; women use this as a basis for their mating strategy. Where a womans sex is more valuable, a mans commitment is more valuable than a womans, as he is more suited for accumulating resources and keeping those resources safe. Thus relationships form on the basis that a woman offers her sex to a man in order to gain his provisions for herself and her children.

No matter how far we come this is our evolutionary psychology. I will never commit myself to a woman. Just as I will always have the urge to impartially fuck all women, she will always have the urge to seek better providers/protectors. For men we gain more from just having friends with benefits. A monogamous commitment between man and woman is infinitely in a womans favour: to make it seem favourable - at all - for men is her mating strategy.

Fuck your 'love.'

I can safely say that no one is talking about any kind of "the one"-type of love in here.

And why are you so certain that a woman will definitely cheat? I've had guys hit on me who were younger, fitter, more attractive, more intelligent or with a better social or economic status than my current boyfriend, yet I never even felt the urge to get to know them better. Funny, huh?

We are animals, yes, but that doesn't mean our needs and urges are simple, absolute and unchanging. Had that been the case, we'd all have the uncontrollable urge to constantly consume fattening foods (self-preservation) and there would be no suicidal people (survival).

Also, just because the only thing you need in your sad little world is a warm wet hole, it doesn't mean that that's the only thing all men need.

Your whole post is nothing but a series of ignorant generalizations. Which is really not surprising.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
19-01-2016, 05:02 PM
Members of both genders cheat, and members of both genders are faithful.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-01-2016, 05:04 PM
(19-01-2016 04:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 04:49 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I think the exact same about all men who are ignorant of human nature as dictated by evo psych - or are aware but believe humans have sufficiently disposed of it through the intellectual endeavor.

And I harbour no ill will for any human based on circumstances they had no control over.

And my convictions are not held by basis of what feels 'right' or 'favourable.'

I asked this question earlier in the thread. I'll ask it again. How do you account for older people and the elderly falling in love and marrying? Some are having sex, some are not, but they're in love none the less. What say you?
Some are influenced by culture. They are lonely and culture has told them that a significant other is important to have, if for no other reason than a status symbol. They put 2 and 2 together. So while these people could just as easily get the same fulfillment from same-sex friends they are still inclined to marry up, even if they aren't having sex.

And those that aren't having sex still get intimate to a level that would disgust them if done with the same sex, thus evo psych still holds relevance.
19-01-2016, 05:13 PM
(19-01-2016 05:04 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 04:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I asked this question earlier in the thread. I'll ask it again. How do you account for older people and the elderly falling in love and marrying? Some are having sex, some are not, but they're in love none the less. What say you?
Some are influenced by culture. They are lonely and culture has told them that a significant other is important to have, if for no other reason than a status symbol. They put 2 and 2 together. So while these people could just as easily get the same fulfillment from same-sex friends they are still inclined to marry up, even if they aren't having sex.

And those that aren't having sex still get intimate to a level that would disgust them if done with the same sex, thus evo psych still holds relevance.

How old are you?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-01-2016, 05:22 PM
(19-01-2016 04:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Girly, you've been in a relationship and have been married for years. That is experience Tongue At least compared to Zeke's (presumably) zero experience. Correct me if I'm wrong Zeke.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  'The one' or 'forever' type love is what doesn't exis, per se. You can have a monogamous relationship with a woman for 10 years - it doesn't matter - she will cheat on you, or leave you for someone else if:

A guy with better genes, better conditioned body, more assertive personality and/or more stoic personality, better accumulation of resources, better social status shows interest in her.

These traits are what draws a womans 'love' as they either directly or indirectly indicate a strong provider/protector. Women evolved to seek a strong provider/protector in a mate. They are hypergamous by nature; They will always go to a better provider/protector than their current if given the chance.

Men just want a warm, wet hole. And many will fuck other women than the one they're committed to if one shows interest in him.

Men are driven to fuck at all costs; In mating he does not care about what else she can be to him other than a female form to fuck. This creates a disparity in what sex is worth to both sexes. A womans sex is worth more than a mans; women use this as a basis for their mating strategy. Where a womans sex is more valuable, a mans commitment is more valuable than a womans, as he is more suited for accumulating resources and keeping those resources safe. Thus relationships form on the basis that a woman offers her sex to a man in order to gain his provisions for herself and her children.

No matter how far we come this is our evolutionary psychology. I will never commit myself to a woman. Just as I will always have the urge to impartially fuck all women, she will always have the urge to seek better providers/protectors. For men we gain more from just having friends with benefits. A monogamous commitment between man and woman is infinitely in a womans favour: to make it seem favourable - at all - for men is her mating strategy.

Fuck your 'love.'

I can safely say that no one is talking about any kind of "the one"-type of love in here.

And why are you so certain that a woman will definitely cheat? I've had guys hit on me who were younger, fitter, more attractive, more intelligent or with a better social or economic status than my current boyfriend, yet I never even felt the urge to get to know them better. Funny, huh?

We are animals, yes, but that doesn't mean our needs and urges are simple, absolute and unchanging. Had that been the case, we'd all have the uncontrollable urge to constantly consume fattening foods (self-preservation) and there would be no suicidal people (survival).

Also, just because the only thing you need in your sad little world is a warm wet hole, it doesn't mean that that's the only thing all men need.

Your whole post is nothing but a series of ignorant generalizations. Which is really not surprising.

1. I'm not sure every woman will cheat if given the chance at a better mate. Many will end the current relationship first.

2. If you were confronted with an objectively superior mate than you are lying when you say you felt no urge. Why? Because maintaing the illusion that monogamous commitments aren't so easily disposed of is beneficial to your ilk.

3. A warm wet hole is not all I need, nore what any man needs. In fact that was a major point of my post: glorifying pussy is bad and inherently to womankinds favor, and to mans disservice.

4. Yes, my post is a series of generalisations; There are exceptions to human nature, of course. But these are educated rather than ignorant generalisations. They are drawn from the observations of evolutionary psychologists.
19-01-2016, 06:03 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
19-01-2016, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 08:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
Bug RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
I wanna know what love is. I want you to show me. I wanna feel what Love is. I know you can show me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-01-2016, 08:40 PM
(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 04:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Girly, you've been in a relationship and have been married for years. That is experience Tongue At least compared to Zeke's (presumably) zero experience. Correct me if I'm wrong Zeke.

1. I'm not sure every woman will cheat if given the chance at a better mate. Many will end the current relationship first.

2. If you were confronted with an objectively superior mate than you are lying when you say you felt no urge. Why? Because maintaing the illusion that monogamous commitments aren't so easily disposed of is beneficial to your ilk.

3. A warm wet hole is not all I need, nore what any man needs. In fact that was a major point of my post: glorifying pussy is bad and inherently to womankinds favor, and to mans disservice.

4. Yes, my post is a series of generalisations; There are exceptions to human nature, of course. But these are educated rather than ignorant generalisations. They are drawn from the observations of evolutionary psychologists.

There is no "all" or "always" and no one is right when painting with a broad brush. Your experiences may not be singular but neither are they all encompassing. Some cheat, some do not, that's equally with any gender. Some will trade up and others not. Your suppositions are astoundingly sexist and presume that the female role is submissive (in need of provider/protector) and not dominate (deliverer of protection/provider). That is simply ignorant of true human nature.

Your inability to see people as individuals with individual needs and desires is limiting your ability to be taken seriously. Your words have the feel of a personal agenda with what also, sadly, seems like an obvious grudge. Whatever small truths you may have in your some of your statements they are tainted by your own personal painful experiences.

I'm sorry for your pain but I do not consider your proclamations reasonable, logical or valid.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
19-01-2016, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 09:36 PM by Gilgamesh.)
(19-01-2016 08:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  1. I'm not sure every woman will cheat if given the chance at a better mate. Many will end the current relationship first.

There is no "all" or "always" and no one is right when painting with a broad brush. Your experiences may not be singular but neither are they all encompassing. Some cheat, some do not, that's equally with any gender.
I agree with most all of this. Although it is my observation that women cheat more than men.

Quote:Your suppositions are astoundingly sexist and presume that the female role is submissive (in need of provider/protector) and not dominate (deliverer of protection/provider). That is simply ignorant of true human nature.
I've explicitly said I do not discriminate individuals based on their sex: Externally I treat every individul as an individual, although absolutely I will assume them to be of the nature their sex wants them to be of. So no, I'm not sexist, and beliefs cannot be sexist (but they can cause people to be.)

And as for what roles evolution decided for the sexes: Evolution cares not about what sounds fair to you, or what modern views on gender equality you would hold as a standard for it. Also as an individul who posesses all the faculties that make one such; you can reject your base nature and fill whatever role you want. That you're condemning fact as sexist tells me you're not, though. No, you're taking this as an affront to the female sex, and then further to yourself (funny considering I spoke about male nature in a blatant, non-aggrandized way, too.) Emotional unreasoning would have you make such a misconstruement, and it is typical, given your sex lol.

Quote:I'm sorry for your pain but I do not consider your proclamations reasonable, logical or valid.
Spare me the patronisation.