Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Does love exist or can be sustained? Does familiarity breed contempt?
(19-01-2016 09:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 08:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  There is no "all" or "always" and no one is right when painting with a broad brush. Your experiences may not be singular but neither are they all encompassing. Some cheat, some do not, that's equally with any gender.
I agree with most all of this. Although it is my observation that women cheat more than men.

Quote:Your suppositions are astoundingly sexist and presume that the female role is submissive (in need of provider/protector) and not dominate (deliverer of protection/provider). That is simply ignorant of true human nature.
I've explicitly said I do not discriminate individuals based on their sex: Externally I treat every individul as an individual, although absolutely I will assume them to be of the nature their sex wants them to be of. So no, I'm not sexist, and beliefs cannot be sexist (but they can cause people to be.)

And as for what roles evolution decided for the sexes: Evolution cares not about what sounds fair to you, or what modern views on gender equality you would hold as a standard for it. Also as an individul who posesses all the faculties that make one such; you can reject your base nature and fill whatever role you want. That you're condemning fact as sexist tells me you're not, though. No, you're taking this as an affront to the female sex, and then further to yourself (funny considering I spoke about male nature in a blatant, non-aggrandized way, too.) Emotional unreasoning would have you make such a misconstruement, and it is typical, given your sex lol.

Quote:I'm sorry for your pain but I do not consider your proclamations reasonable, logical or valid.
Spare me the patronisation.

Still no evidence of your claims, your anecdotal experiences do not count.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2016, 10:00 PM
(19-01-2016 04:58 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Girly, you've been in a relationship and have been married for years. That is experience Tongue At least compared to Zeke's (presumably) zero experience. Correct me if I'm wrong Zeke.

If we are going to have the roast of zeke, don't just stop there. And if you aren't you gotta make it funny.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
19-01-2016, 11:38 PM
(19-01-2016 09:49 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I agree with most all of this. Although it is my observation that women cheat more than men.

I've explicitly said I do not discriminate individuals based on their sex: Externally I treat every individul as an individual, although absolutely I will assume them to be of the nature their sex wants them to be of. So no, I'm not sexist, and beliefs cannot be sexist (but they can cause people to be.)

And as for what roles evolution decided for the sexes: Evolution cares not about what sounds fair to you, or what modern views on gender equality you would hold as a standard for it. Also as an individul who posesses all the faculties that make one such; you can reject your base nature and fill whatever role you want. That you're condemning fact as sexist tells me you're not, though. No, you're taking this as an affront to the female sex, and then further to yourself (funny considering I spoke about male nature in a blatant, non-aggrandized way, too.) Emotional unreasoning would have you make such a misconstruement, and it is typical, given your sex lol.

Spare me the patronisation.

Still no evidence of your claims, your anecdotal experiences do not count.

Agreed.

I will get back to you on that. PS4 browser is shit.
20-01-2016, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 03:26 AM by undergroundp.)
(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  1. I'm not sure every woman will cheat if given the chance at a better mate. Many will end the current relationship first.

Even so, why haven't I ended my relationship then?

(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  2. If you were confronted with an objectively superior mate than you are lying when you say you felt no urge. Why? Because maintaing the illusion that monogamous commitments aren't so easily disposed of is beneficial to your ilk.

So, you are certain I'm lying about how I felt because you have the absolute universal knowledge on human instincts and feelings that applies to everyone? Right...
And who says my commitment is a monogamous one? I'm with a guy I love being with and I don't need to sacrifice my urges and needs. If I felt unsatisfied, I would leave. There's no illusion about relationships here. Get over it.

(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  3. A warm wet hole is not all I need, nore what any man needs. In fact that was a major point of my post: glorifying pussy is bad and inherently to womankinds favor, and to mans disservice.

I meant all a man needs from a woman. That's what you clearly said.

(19-01-2016 05:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  4. Yes, my post is a series of generalisations; There are exceptions to human nature, of course. But these are educated rather than ignorant generalisations. They are drawn from the observations of evolutionary psychologists.

You still seem to be treating people based on these generalizations, even though you do say that there are exceptions. Didn't you just accuse me of lying?

(19-01-2016 09:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Although it is my observation that women cheat more than men.

And my observation is that guys who can't get laid decide that everything is women's fault.

(19-01-2016 09:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I've explicitly said I do not discriminate individuals based on their sex: Externally I treat every individul as an individual, although absolutely I will assume them to be of the nature their sex wants them to be of. So no, I'm not sexist, and beliefs cannot be sexist (but they can cause people to be.)

You do seem to discriminate individuals based on their sex, since you just told me I was lying about not feeling the urge to dump my boyfriend for a "better model", since that's just what women do.

(19-01-2016 09:27 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And as for what roles evolution decided for the sexes: Evolution cares not about what sounds fair to you, or what modern views on gender equality you would hold as a standard for it. Also as an individul who posesses all the faculties that make one such; you can reject your base nature and fill whatever role you want. That you're condemning fact as sexist tells me you're not, though. No, you're taking this as an affront to the female sex, and then further to yourself (funny considering I spoke about male nature in a blatant, non-aggrandized way, too.) Emotional unreasoning would have you make such a misconstruement, and it is typical, given your sex lol.

More discrimination. It's typical of women to be emotionally unreasonable? Heatheness was emotionally unreasonable when she said it is sexist to proclaim that women are submissive and men are dominant? We are not talking about your beliefs being sexist. We're talking about your claims being sexist. Your opinions are not immune to criticism because they are your "beliefs".

If you still believe that these roles do apply to most women and most men, you clearly are either 15 years old or you just haven't had any experience in relationships and sex whatsoever.

Oh, and no one claimed you weren't sexist towards men too. Heatheness simply didn't mention it because she's a woman and obviously knows the female nature better than the male one.

(19-01-2016 10:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If we are going to have the roast of zeke, don't just stop there. And if you aren't you gotta make it funny.

I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just stating facts. Would you take cooking advice from someone who has never cooked in their life? I'm really not trying to be mean here.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
20-01-2016, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 04:12 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
First of all, I'd like to say, I agree a lot with jennybee and undergroundp's posts.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  'The one' or 'forever' type love is what doesn't exis, per se. You can have a monogamous relationship with a woman for 10 years - it doesn't matter - she will cheat on you, or leave you for someone else if:

A guy with better genes, better conditioned body, more assertive personality and/or more stoic personality, better accumulation of resources, better social status shows interest in her.

These traits are what draws a womans 'love' as they either directly or indirectly indicate a strong provider/protector. Women evolved to seek a strong provider/protector in a mate. They are hypergamous by nature; They will always go to a better provider/protector than their current if given the chance.

This is already debunked because we have examples of women who didn't cheat/leave for someone else when someone "better" appeared.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Men just want a warm, wet hole. And many will fuck other women than the one they're committed to if one shows interest in him.

lol no. That's not "just" what I want. The fact that I, as a man, want to mate with a woman (which even then by the way, still consists of much more than just a "warm, wet hole" as you put it), doesn't mean that I don't have other needs. Because by your logic, dating someone intellectually stimulating + beautiful would be equal to dating a hot stupid bimbo. It's not equivalent, at all.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Men are driven to fuck at all costs; In mating he does not care about what else she can be to him other than a female form to fuck. This creates a disparity in what sex is worth to both sexes. A womans sex is worth more than a mans; women use this as a basis for their mating strategy. Where a womans sex is more valuable, a mans commitment is more valuable than a womans, as he is more suited for accumulating resources and keeping those resources safe. Thus relationships form on the basis that a woman offers her sex to a man in order to gain his provisions for herself and her children.

No, can't you see that there are many kinds of people? Why are you so sure that what sex means to you or anyone else, is exactly the same that what it means to me?

Do all men have one night stands? Do all men just fuck whenever given the occasion? Just these two questions will show you that sex is different for each one.

(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No matter how far we come this is our evolutionary psychology. I will never commit myself to a woman. Just as I will always have the urge to impartially fuck all women, she will always have the urge to seek better providers/protectors. For men we gain more from just having friends with benefits. A monogamous commitment between man and woman is infinitely in a womans favour: to make it seem favourable - at all - for men is her mating strategy.

Fuck your 'love.'

"I will never commit myself to a woman."

Time will tell, man. Time will tell.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
20-01-2016, 05:26 AM
(19-01-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No matter how far we come this is our evolutionary psychology. I will never commit myself to a woman.

Izzat what they call sour grapes these days? Laughat

Poor ol' Giggly. Must be lucky at cards.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-01-2016, 05:58 AM
1 - bunch o' chemicals.

[Image: Yxien8q.png]

2 - yes.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
20-01-2016, 06:54 AM
(20-01-2016 05:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  1 - bunch o' chemicals.

[Image: Yxien8q.png]

2 - yes.

1. That's exactly right.

2. That depends how many conscious brain cells you applied at the start.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Also oxytocin for bonding - loads of it when you orgasm and cuddle after sex. It's actually nick named the cuddle hormone.

Keep the oxytocin flowin' to keep the love alive.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
20-01-2016, 07:18 AM
(15-01-2016 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Girly and Manly fell in love going on some 35 years ago now. More in love now than ever.

It's all those doggies. That's the ticket.

Friendships form working on a common goal, not from staring at each other. The more difficult, complex and more impossible the goal, the more intense the friendship.

.... free deepity from Bucky right there. Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post