Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 10:07 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
For the sake of simplicity "I" or "my" refers to the author(s) of this post.

My life Cycle as a thought aware being starts after my brain developed and I am able to process this physical world's interaction with my senses. I do not know for a certainty what exists before I became thought aware. Reality before thought awareness is therefore infinitely unknowable based on individual perspective. It is just as likely to believe that there is no reality before thought awareness as it is to believe that there is one. Any statement I make which claims absolute truth requires foreknowledge of reality before thought awareness, except one.
I know reality exists because thoughts exist. Thoughts being simply "the process of thinking". Thoughts are the only known true reality.
I think therefore I am.

By the above Logic the following statements are dishonest for me to say:
I am absolutely certain God(s) exist(s)
I am absolutely certain God(s) do/does not exist.

My honest answer to "Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?"
No. Without "my" thoughts "my" reality cannot exist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2016, 09:53 AM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(17-01-2016 09:34 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  By the above Logic the following statements are dishonest for me to say:

Any objective reality would mean that either gods do exist or gods don't exist. Unless of course you subscribe to this sort of stuff...

[Image: f9a.jpg]
So one of your statements must be an honest one.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-01-2016, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 10:27 AM by GirlyMan.)
Chas says yes, Girly says not so fast.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
17-01-2016, 10:05 AM
(17-01-2016 09:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:34 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  By the above Logic the following statements are dishonest for me to say:

Any objective reality would mean that either gods do exist or gods don't exist. Unless of course you subscribe to this sort of stuff...

[Image: f9a.jpg]
So one of your statements must be an honest one.
The subject isn't God's existence, it's about my certainty.
I am not certain so for me to claim otherwise is being dishonest.
17-01-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 10:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-01-2016 09:34 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

My life Cycle as a thought aware being starts after my brain developed and I am able to process this physical world's interaction with my senses. I do not know for a certainty what exists before I became thought aware. Reality before thought awareness is therefore infinitely unknowable based on individual perspective. My honest answer to "Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?"

A completely self-centered (actually stubbornly infantile perspective), (which actually, normal babies learn, is totally false).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piaget%27s...evelopment

There are MOUNTAINS of evidence available to any rational human that Reality is, and always WAS immensely larger than they are, and in fact, they are a direct result of a much larger Reality, (family, Evolution, etc etc etc).

Everyone's "life cycle" starts with the chemical processes science has PROVEN start LONG BEFORE the complex biological systems which EVENTUALLY allow consciousness and "thought" to emerge. Without ALL THE learning, thought is impossible. This IS "knowable" by "individual perspective" by anyone who cares to LEARN about these things. If anyone had been born severely brain injured, and normal thought and perception is/was impossible, Reality would still exist, and the world and Reality that produced them still exists, and would remain unchanged.

Take some science classes, (especially on human embryology and human development and Neuro-science).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2016, 11:09 AM
(17-01-2016 10:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:34 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

My life Cycle as a thought aware being starts after my brain developed and I am able to process this physical world's interaction with my senses. I do not know for a certainty what exists before I became thought aware. Reality before thought awareness is therefore infinitely unknowable based on individual perspective. My honest answer to "Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?"

A completely self-centered (actually stubbornly infantile perspective), (which actually, normal babies learn, is totally false).

There are MOUNTAINS of evidence available to any rational human that Reality is, and always WAS immensely larger than they are, and in fact, they are a direct result of a much larger Reality, (family, Evolution, etc etc etc).

Everyone's "life cycle" starts with the chemical processes science has PROVEN start LONG BEFORE the complex biological systems which EVENTUALLY allow consciousness and "thought" to emerge. Without ALL THE learning, thought is impossible. This IS "knowable" by "individual perspective" by anyone who cares to LEARN about these things. If anyone had been born severely brain injured, and normal thought and perception is/was impossible, Reality would still exist, and the world and Reality that produced them still exists, and would remain unchanged.

Take some science classes, (especially on human embryology and human development and Neuro-science).
You are claiming:
"I know reality exists before I became self aware because reality after I became self aware told me"
It's a fallacy.

Welcome to the Philosophy Forums.
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
17-01-2016, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 11:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-01-2016 11:09 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 10:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A completely self-centered (actually stubbornly infantile perspective), (which actually, normal babies learn, is totally false).

You are claiming:
"I know reality exists before I became self aware because reality after I became self aware told me"
It's a fallacy.

It is not. Name the fallacy.
You are no philosopher. You are simply a stubborn, ignorant solipsist.
I have EVIDENCE (mountains of it, in SCIENCE, that knows what is REQUIRED for thought to even emerge), which you try to deny. There is no fallacy which you can name that follows this reasoning.

You don't need a philosophy forum, you need a support group for ignorant solipsists. Oh wait. Al they could do is talk to themselves, (which is all you do).

What EXACTLY, would it take to convince you your solipsism is incorrect ?
If the answer is nothing, you are simply an ignorant stubborn child, telling himself/herself they are intelligent.
You *do* realize we get about 1 -2 insane nut cases (not unlike you) here just about every week.
Get in line, but think fast., There will be another by this afternoon or tomorrow.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-01-2016, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 11:38 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(17-01-2016 11:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 11:09 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You are claiming:
It's a fallacy.

It is not.
You are no philosopher. You are simply a stubborn, ignorant solipsist.
I have EVIDENCE (mountains of it, in SCIENCE, that knows what is REQUIRED for thought to even emerge), which you try to deny. There is no fallacy which you can name that follows this reasoning.

You don't need a philosophy forum, you need a support group for ignorant solipsists. Oh wait. Al they could do is talk to themselves, (which is all you do).
You are claiming that "a person's reputation invalidates their argument"
Another fallacy.
You are also claiming that "a person's qualifications validates their argument"
Another fallacy.

Welcome to the Philosophy Forums

P.S. I am not a Solipsist
Have you ever tried directly rebutting an argument as a means of disproving it or is baseless character defamation your only means of arguing?
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
17-01-2016, 11:45 AM
At work.

Popcorn

Actually, I'll chime in and also ask 'What, exactly, would it take for AgShane to be convinced that their position is wrong?'

As in, how could/can such a veiw be falsified/tested?

A third point? Selectivly editing bits so as to not respond fully to the preceeding post? Not cool.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2016, 11:52 AM

My life Cycle as a thought aware being starts after my brain developed and I am able to process this physical world's interaction with my senses. I do not know for a certainty what exists before I became thought aware. Reality before thought awareness is therefore infinitely unknowable based on individual perspective. It is just as likely to believe that there is no reality before thought awareness as it is to believe that there is one. Any statement I make which claims absolute truth requires foreknowledge of reality before thought awareness, except one.
I know reality exists because thoughts exist. Thoughts being simply "the process of thinking". Thoughts are the only known true reality.
I think therefore I am.

By the above Logic the following statements are dishonest for me to say:

My honest answer to "Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?"

No need for mental masturbation and word salad. If you are unsure if any of your positions are true, the way you find out is through the scientific method of collecting data through established methods, plugging that data into established formulas with control groups, test them and falsify them, hand them over for independent peer review.

Anything else is merely your perception and opinion.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user