Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
At work.

Just delete the darn thing or edit in a reply.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 12:45 PM
(18-01-2016 12:34 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

No idea where that came from.

Your posit is that, as far as you know 'you' are just your thoughts. You've then posted that you can't tell the differance between thoughts that originated 'within' or 'without' the bounds of your thoughts.

I then posted the question of... If all you are is your thoughts then how might you discern or even know if you've forgotteen or 'lost' thoughts that you hold.

Different two points there.
I do not claim "I am just my thoughts"
Where did you see me write that?
This is the 2nd time you are claiming I said things that you have no evidence for.
The only claim I am making is that thoughts exist & it is the only thing I can be absolutely certain exists within this self aware reality.
This statement does not contradict the following statement:
It is probable that there are more things that exist outside of my thoughts
18-01-2016, 12:47 PM
(18-01-2016 12:45 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The only claim I am making is that thoughts exist & it is the only thing we can be absolutely certain exists.

Prove it. .... bitch. Many have tried. All have failed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-01-2016, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 12:56 PM by Peebothuhul.)
(18-01-2016 12:45 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:34 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

No idea where that came from.

Your posit is that, as far as you know 'you' are just your thoughts. You've then posted that you can't tell the differance between thoughts that originated 'within' or 'without' the bounds of your thoughts.

I then posted the question of... If all you are is your thoughts then how might you discern or even know if you've forgotteen or 'lost' thoughts that you hold.

Different two points there.
I do not claim "I am just my thoughts"
This is the 2nd time you are claiming I said things that you have no evidence for.
The only claim I am making is that thoughts exist & it is the only thing I can be absolutely certain exists within this self aware reality.

You kind of realise that is the same as saying that, effectivly, ALL you know you are.... Are your thoughts. Nothing else, right?

*EDIT: Postulating/proposing anything beyond that is, I think, getting ahead of the conversation.
18-01-2016, 01:00 PM
(18-01-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:45 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The only claim I am making is that thoughts exist & it is the only thing we can be absolutely certain exists.

Prove it. .... bitch. Many have tried. All have failed.
Ok.
Are you thinking right now?
If yes then thoughts are real.
If no then thoughts are not real.

Post your answer here.

If anyone can properly dispute this logic it means I have failed & my statement cannot be considered a fact.

If it is undisputed then you are forced to call it a fact by the very definition of a fact.

fact: undisputed information
18-01-2016, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 01:09 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(18-01-2016 12:50 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:45 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I do not claim "I am just my thoughts"

You kind of realise that is the same as saying that, effectivly, ALL you know you are.... Are your thoughts. Nothing else, right?

*EDIT: Postulating/proposing anything beyond that is, I think, getting ahead of the conversation.

define all

I never said that.
what exactly did i say that could possibly correlate to 'all i am are my thoughts"
18-01-2016, 01:06 PM
At work.

? What ? Why am I defining anything? You are presenting you world veiw and seem to be seeking confirmation there of.
18-01-2016, 01:18 PM
(18-01-2016 01:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Prove it. .... bitch. Many have tried. All have failed.
Ok.

Why should I stipulate I exist? It's not at all clear to me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
18-01-2016, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 01:26 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(18-01-2016 01:06 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

? What ? Why am I defining anything? You are presenting you world veiw and seem to be seeking confirmation there of.
You asked me a question I don't understand.
You made reference to a statement I never made.
I am trying to find a way to correlate the statement you think I made to the actual one I made.
One way of doing this is figuring out what you mean by the statement you incorrectly quoted.

It is possible you're using words differently than I am in the sentences so I must first come to a common understanding of the sentence before I can reply properly.

All this would be so much easier if you would simply quote what I said so that I can compare the 2.
18-01-2016, 01:23 PM
(18-01-2016 01:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 01:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Ok.

Why should I stipulate I exist? It's not at all clear to me.
Are you saying you are not sure if you exist?