Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 04:15 PM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
Tongue Banjo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
18-01-2016, 04:36 PM
(18-01-2016 03:55 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

So you're talking about thought, hence pain should not he brought into the conversation. They are different and it's conflating/confusing the issue.

Second, if you're accepting neurons as being real or reality... then you should have to accept the rest of reality that goes along with them.
What makes you think I am absolutely certain that neurons are real? I already stated the only thing I am absolutely certain exists are thoughts.

I am simply showing you that no matter how much we try to prove that reality exists regardless of how we perceive it, we will never be able to properly test the Theory unless we can remove self awareness from the test.

It is when you try to dissacociate reality from self awareness and make the claim that things can still exist even if I am not aware of them that I have to honestly say:
"I do not know".

I have no way of testing it. It would be dishonest of me to claim yes I know it is real with or without my awareness of it.

I have never physcially seen, smelled, tasted, touched or heard The Niagra Falls.
Therefore I can not say with absolute certainty that it exists.
18-01-2016, 04:41 PM
(18-01-2016 04:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  

So you're talking about thought, hence pain should not he brought into the conversation. They are different and it's conflating/confusing the issue.

Second, if you're accepting neurons as being real or reality... then you should have to accept the rest of reality that goes along with them.
What makes you think I am absolutely certain that neurons are real? I already stated the only thing I am absolutely certain exists are thoughts.

Why are you absolutely certain of that? If you are, then you would have to be certain that consciousness exists. Therefore you would have to be certain that minds exist. And so on.

Quote:I am simply showing you that no matter how much we try to prove that reality exists regardless of how we perceive it, we will never be able to properly test the Theory unless we can remove self awareness from the test.

It is when you try to dissacociate reality from self awareness and make the claim that things can still exist even if I am not aware of them that I have to honestly say:
"I do not know".

I have no way of testing it. It would be dishonest of me to claim yes I know it is real with or without my awareness of it.

I have never physcially seen, smelled, tasted, touched or heard The Niagra Falls.

They exist. I am sure of it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-01-2016, 04:41 PM
At work.

So.....

.... We're back to you saying only your thoughts are real......
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
18-01-2016, 04:42 PM
(18-01-2016 04:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  

I am simply showing you that no matter how much we try to prove that reality exists regardless of how we perceive it, we will never be able to properly test the Theory unless we can remove self awareness from the test.

"I do not know".

Have you considered seeing someone about this apparent condition of yours?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-01-2016, 04:50 PM
(17-01-2016 05:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 05:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Steps to follow .
1. Get hammer.
2. Hit your nose.

Then get back to us.
I would feel the thought process of pain most likely.
Where do we go from here?
Break your arm. Do you feel pain? Absolutely. Do you have 100% functionality in your arm? No. Even if you really really think hard about it.. like super duper hard? Nope.

Why is that?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-01-2016, 04:56 PM
(18-01-2016 04:50 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 05:49 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would feel the thought process of pain most likely.
Where do we go from here?
Break your arm. Do you feel pain? Absolutely. Do you have 100% functionality in your arm? No. Even if you really really think hard about it.. like super duper hard? Nope.

Why is that?

Ha ha!

As for "Where do we go from here?" To the hospital you retard. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-01-2016, 04:56 PM
(17-01-2016 09:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I claimed thoughts are the only thing we know exists for certain.
And as I showed in your previous bout of pseudo-philosophical wankery in the "what am I" thread (which you completely avoided answering...twice) you don't actually KNOW that.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-01-2016, 04:59 PM
(17-01-2016 09:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The probability remains 50/50 that reality exists pre self awareness
100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.
0% of the evidence suggests that it did not.

I'd like to know where you got odds of 50/50 from. Was it a butt shaped cavern? I bet it was a butt shaped cavern.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-01-2016, 05:13 PM
(18-01-2016 04:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The probability remains 50/50 that reality exists pre self awareness
100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.
0% of the evidence suggests that it did not.

I'd like to know where you got odds of 50/50 from. Was it a butt shaped cavern? I bet it was a butt shaped cavern.

Yeah, things like this giganotosaurus never existed. Big Grin

[Image: Giganotosaurus_AustMus_email.jpg]

Banjo.