Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(18-01-2016 01:00 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Prove it. .... bitch. Many have tried. All have failed.
Ok.
Are you thinking right now?
If yes then thoughts are real.
If no then thoughts are not real.

Post your answer here.

If anyone can properly dispute this logic it means I have failed & my statement cannot be considered a fact.

If it is undisputed then you are forced to call it a fact by the very definition of a fact.

fact: undisputed information

That is not the definition of a fact.
The word "undisputed" does not appear in the definition of "fact"
Many things accepted as 'fact' are highly disputed.

If you accept "undisputed information" and things considered "facts", then your entire OP was a lie, and you DO accept more than "thoughts".

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-01-2016, 05:17 PM
(18-01-2016 04:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The probability remains 50/50 that reality exists pre self awareness
100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.
0% of the evidence suggests that it did not.

I'd like to know where you got odds of 50/50 from. Was it a butt shaped cavern? I bet it was a butt shaped cavern.
It's basic Maths:
If provided with only 2 possibilities and no additional data the probability of either of them happening will always be 50/50
The probability that reality does or does not exist before the point of self awareness is 50/50.
Unless you have some scientific way of testing for reality before self awareness we simply lack the data to adjust the probability.

At no point in your test for existence of reality before self awareness can you assume the position that reality exists before self awareness.
It is the very thing you are trying to prove.
The premise cannot be the same as the conclusion or it is flawed logic.
18-01-2016, 05:20 PM
(18-01-2016 04:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 09:38 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The probability remains 50/50 that reality exists pre self awareness
100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.

I'd like to know where you got odds of 50/50 from. Was it a butt shaped cavern? I bet it was a butt shaped cavern.

He already gave this (totally incorrect and) pathetic answer.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid931660
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-01-2016, 05:21 PM
At work.

I do believe you're confusing terms again... Consider

Also, your return/admittance about only being thought. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
18-01-2016, 05:23 PM
(18-01-2016 05:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 04:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.

It's basic Maths:
If provided with only 2 possibilities and no additional data the probability of either of them happening will always be 50/50

No, it won't. It will be unknown.

Quote:The probability that reality does or does not exist before the point of self awareness is 50/50.

No, it isn't. The weight of evidence changes those probabilities substantially.

Quote:Unless you have some scientific way of testing for reality before self awareness we simply lack the data to adjust the probability.

This is just Last Thursdayism. Facepalm

Quote:At no point in your test for existence of reality before self awareness can you assume the position that reality exists before self awareness.

Evidence. Have you ever considered it? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
(18-01-2016 04:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  100% of the evidence gathered so far indicates existence proceeding any mind at all.

It's basic Maths:
The probability that reality does or does not exist before the point of self awareness is 50/50.
Unless you have some scientific way of testing for reality before self awareness we simply lack the data to adjust the probability.
Lets talk about butt wings.
There are exactly two possibilities governing waking up with wings sprouting out of my ass, either I will or I will not. Is the probability of me growing wings out my ass and flying to your house to do a dive bombing kick to your pedantic sack the same as that not happening?

Also, cause you skipped it, if you break your arm do you have 100% functionality in that arm?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
He also seems to accept unconditionally that logic seems to get him somewhere.
Logic is a formal system, and not "thoughts". As I said WAY back when, he's never really critically evaluated his ("priors") assumptions.

I'd say he's about 1/3 as smart as he thinks he is.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-01-2016, 05:39 PM
(18-01-2016 04:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  And that has fuck all to do with pain.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-01-2016, 05:49 PM

It's basic Maths:

At no point in your test for existence of reality before self awareness can you assume the position that reality exists before self awareness.

Why do we get all the kooks? Huh

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-01-2016, 05:55 PM
(18-01-2016 05:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  At no point in your test for existence of reality before self awareness can you assume the position that reality exists before self awareness.

No shit Sherlock.
(So you believe in logic too, a formal system you LEARNED from an external source.)
That's why you're doing the test. You can amass EVIDENCE by doing the test.
That evidence is in great abundance. No one assumed anything before the test.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Last_Thursdayism

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post