Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2016, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 04:54 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
Time dilation shows that space/time is created by perception through measurement
The double slit experiment shows that particle/wave duality is created by perception through measurement
The atomic grating experiment shows that Atomic Constructive/Destructive lack of interference is created by perception through measurement
Entangled Particle spin is created by perception through measurement
General relativity predicts that time does not exist from the perspective of a Photon.
Philosophy shows that we cannot test what exists for certain outside of our perception.
Creation need not have to have a beginning if space/time is created by perception

What do you think these findings suggest?

'Time has no independent existence apart from the order of events by which we measure it,’ - Albert Einstein

“I  regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.” – Max Planck, Nobel Prize winning originator of quantum theory, as quoted in The Observer (25 January 1931).

A mountain of evidence:
http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/08/e...l-reality/
http://www.gizmag.com/quantum-theory-reality-anu/37866/
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/199...055013.htm

1) Wave-Function
A quantum object (such as an electron) can be at more than one place at the same time. It can be measured as a wave smeared out in space, and can be located at several different points across this wave. This is called the wave property.

2) Discontinuity
A quantum object ceases to exist here and simultaneously appears in existence over there without have EVER traveled the intervening space. This is known as the quantum jump.  It essentially teleports.

3) Action-At-A-Distance
A manifestation of one quantum object, cause by our observations, simultaneously influences its correlated twin object, no matter how far apart they are. Fire an electron and a proton off of an atom. Whatever happens to the electron, the exact same or exact opposite will happen to the proton. This is called quantum-action-at-a-distance.  Einstein called this “spooky” action at a distance.

4) The Observer Effect
A quantum object cannot be said to manifest in ordinary space-time reality until we observe it as a particle.  The quantum object exists indefinitely as a non-local wave until it is being observed directly. Consciousness literally collapses the wave-function of a particle.

This last point is interesting, because it implies that without a conscious observer present to collapse this wave, it would remain physically un-manifested in a state of potentiality .  Observation not only disturbs what has to be measured, it produces the effect.  This was verified in what is known as the double-slit experiment, where the presence of a conscious observer changed the behaviour of an electron from a wave state to a particle state.  This is known as the “observer effect” and completely shakes what we assume to be true about the physical world.

The double-slit experiment repeated
As scientist Dr. Dean Radin said in a paper replicating the double-slit experiment, “We compel the electron to assume a definite position. We ourselves produce the results of the measurement.”  Now, a common response to this is “It’s not us who is measuring the electron, it’s the machine that is doing the observation”.  A machine is simply an extension of our consciousness.  This is like saying “It’s not me who is observing the boat way across the lake, it is the binoculars”. The machine does not itself observe anything any more than a computer that interprets sound waves can “listen” to a song.

This has led some scientists to speculate that without consciousness, the universe would exist indeterminately as a sea of quantum potentiality.  In other words, physical reality cannot first exist without subjectivity.  Without consciousness, there is no physical matter.

This is known as the Participatory Anthropic Principle, and was first proposed by physicist Dr. John Wheeler.  Essentially, any possible universe that we can imagine that does not have conscious observers in it can be ruled out immediately.   Consciousness is therefore the ground of being and must have existed prior to the physical universe.  Consciousness literally creates the physical world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2016, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 09:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-01-2016 09:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Time dilation shows that space/time is created by perception through measurement
The double slit experiment shows that particle/wave duality is created by perception through measurement
The atomic grating experiment shows that Atomic Constructive/Destructive lack of interference is created by perception through measurement
Particle spin is created by perception through measurement
Philosophy shows that we cannot test what exists for certain outside of our perception.
Creation need not have to have a beginning if space/time is created by perception

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+exper...ent=safari

Nothing at all.

Quote:The double slit experiment shows that particle/wave duality is created by perception through measurement.
There is not once scientist that you can quote who agrees with this crap. This is typical YouTube bullshit nonsense by a wacko infatuated with his own pet bullshit theory.
You people are a dime a dozen. The particle wave duality (which you clearly don't even understand) is "observed". It's a part of the reality of this universe.
There has at this point, been no unification theory to unite the quantum world and the macro world. Those findings suggest nothing that is not already known.
Thanks for showing us you completely misunderstand the science you are pretending to speak of.
You have provided not a shred of evidence for all your ASSertions, child.
References are required. You have none.
Your claims have less value than "Horton Hears a Who".
You continue to demonstrate your pseudo-intellectual bullshit in your OP was a complete lie.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Would a blind woman think I look sexy? Consider

Is the sound of my belching merely a figment of her imagination? Unsure

Next! Dodgy

19-01-2016, 09:48 PM
(19-01-2016 09:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Would a blind woman think I look sexy? Consider

Next! Dodgy

Is that a real blind woman or just a perception of a blind woman?

Undecided

19-01-2016, 09:54 PM
(19-01-2016 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:31 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Time dilation shows that space/time is created by perception through measurement
Particle spin is created by perception through measurement

http://www.google.com/search?q=new+exper...ent=safari

Nothing at all.

Quote:The double slit experiment shows that particle/wave duality is created by perception through measurement.
There is not once scientist that you can quote who agrees with this crap. This is typical YouTube bullshit nonsense by a wacko infatuated with his own pet bullshit theory.
You people are a dime a dozen. The particle wave duality (which you clearly don't even understand) is "observed". It's a part of the reality of this universe.
There has at this point, been no unification theory to unite the quantum world and the macro world. Those findings suggest nothing that is not already known.
Thanks for showing us you completely misunderstand the science you are pretending to speak of.
You continue to demonstrate your pseudo-intellectual bullshit in your OP was a complete lie.
Here you go Bucky.
Not just 1 scientist you say? Would 2 be ok then?
19-01-2016, 09:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 10:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-01-2016 09:54 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nothing at all.

Here you go Bucky.

You forgot to read your own reference.

"In short, they have shown that reality does not "actually exist until it is measured – at atomic scales, at least."

It doesn't say what your sick mind pretended it says. But thanks for providing even more evidence you know nothing about what you pretend to know.
It also says nothing about "perception" creating anything. "Perception" is not "measurement". Measurement is not done by thought.
So .... you did just make up that crap, and don't even get the nuances.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-01-2016, 09:58 PM
(19-01-2016 09:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:54 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Here you go Bucky.

You forgot to read your own reference.

"In short, they have shown that reality does not "actually exist until it is measured – at atomic scales, at least."

It doesn't say what your sick mind pretended it says. But thanks for providing even more evidence you know nothing about what you pretend to know.
Read closely Bucky:
""Quantum physics' predictions about interference seem odd enough when applied to light, which seems more like a wave, but to have done the experiment with atoms, which are complicated things that have mass and interact with electric fields and so on, adds to the weirdness," said Roman Khakimov."
19-01-2016, 10:02 PM
(19-01-2016 09:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:44 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Would a blind woman think I look sexy? Consider

Next! Dodgy

Is that a real blind woman or just a perception of a blind woman?

Undecided

I see her. I go blind! But I can tell she is still there through the use of all my other senses.
I could loose the ability to smell her, but could still see her. Etc...
Not being able to perceive her with a recently failed sense fails to keep my other working senses from detecting her.
Stands to reason that even if all my body's abilities to perceive anything, outside of my own thoughts, cease, she'll still be there despite my inability to perceive her?

Or is reality's existence dependent on the number of detectors I have working? 1 or none?

Next Dodgy

19-01-2016, 10:05 PM
(19-01-2016 09:58 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You forgot to read your own reference.

Read closely Bucky:
""Quantum physics' predictions about interference seem odd enough when applied to light, which seems more like a wave, but to have done the experiment with atoms, which are complicated things that have mass and interact with electric fields and so on, adds to the weirdness," said Roman Khakimov."

"Adds to the weirdness" is evidence of nothing. Nothing at all. It says NOTHING like what you lamely claimed it says.

You got nothing. There is NO GUT (Grand Unification Theory) yet. They did not claim they had one. You don't have one.
Grow up.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-01-2016, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 10:15 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(19-01-2016 10:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-01-2016 09:58 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Read closely Bucky:

"Adds to the weirdness" is evidence of nothing. Nothing at all. It says NOTHING like what you lamely claimed it says.

You got nothing. There is NO GUT (Grand Unification Theory) yet. They did not claim they had one. You don't have one.
Grow up.
Bucky are you even reading the article? This research was out since last year.
"The atoms did not travel from A to B. It was only when they were measured at the end of the journey that their wave-like or particle-like behavior was brought into existence," said Truscott. "It proves that measurement is everything. At the quantum level, reality does not exist if you are not looking at it.”
Even though the findings of the experiment add to the perceived weirdness of quantum theory, the results also validate it. But, even without regard to the weird aspects, quantum physics almost certainly governs the world at the atomic level, and this existence has enabled the development of quantum technologies ranging from cryptography to solar cells."
It's been indisputable since. The world of science recognizes it as a fact until it can be disproven.
Quantum technology is part of our everyday reality.
You are provided with a Mountain of Evidence that shows reality does not exist until it is measured.
Objective, Demonstrable, Testable, Falsifiable, Repeatable & Predictable Evidence.
What stands in your way of believing?