Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 07:54 AM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(20-01-2016 07:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 07:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  Sorry, no. A photon cannot reach a sensor then do anything else. Once it has hit that sensor it is gone, absorbed by that sensor.

And photons do not have an 'atomic time'.

Your understanding of physics is pretty sketchy.
299792.458 km/s is the speed of a photon in a vacuum. It can be measured.
It did not hit the sensor. The sensor is placed at a distance.

Rolleyes A ground-breaking physicist as well. Do you have any other fields of expertise? Mathematics perhaps?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2016, 07:58 AM
(20-01-2016 07:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 07:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  299792.458 km/s is the speed of a photon in a vacuum. It can be measured.

So? That is not responsive.
http://www.mpq.mpg.de/4861203/13_11_15
20-01-2016, 08:02 AM
(20-01-2016 07:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 07:51 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  299792.458 km/s is the speed of a photon in a vacuum. It can be measured.
It did not hit the sensor. The sensor is placed at a distance.

Rolleyes A ground-breaking physicist as well. Do you have any other fields of expertise? Mathematics perhaps?
20-01-2016, 08:04 AM
(20-01-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Fact: the speed of a photon in a vacuum is the universal speed limit. This means information (whatever the form) cannot travel faster than the speed of light
Fact: a single photon can be in 2 places at the same time (wave) or at other times in only 1 place (particle)

The test:
In a vacuum, in chronological order:
A photon is released & it's atomic time is taken
The photon reaches a sensor & it's atomic time is taken
The photon then reaches the double slit & it's atomic time is taken
The photon then reaches a wall & it's atomic time is taken along with it's quantum position(s)
We also did the test 7000 times without a sensor & 7000 times with a sensor
The atomic clock sensors are designed only to receive information at a distance & not physically interact with the photon. By the time the sensor recognizes there is a photon it would have been long gone.

The results:
The atomic clock sensors all show that the speed of the photon was never slowed down by any of the previous sensors based on release time & final destination time.
The test showed that the photon was a wave upon hitting the wall more often than not when the double slit atomic clock was off, but when it was on it was a particle.

The conclusion:
Checking the statistical results of the present can change the statistical results of the past

What percent certainty do you have of all these thoughts, how did you test for them and 'experience' them exactly. Are you absolutely certain of these claims ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-01-2016, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 08:16 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-01-2016 08:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 07:37 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Fact: the speed of a photon in a vacuum is the universal speed limit. This means information (whatever the form) cannot travel faster than the speed of light
Fact: a single photon can be in 2 places at the same time (wave) or at other times in only 1 place (particle)

The test:
The photon then reaches a wall & it's atomic time is taken along with it's quantum position(s)
The atomic clock sensors are designed only to receive information at a distance & not physically interact with the photon. By the time the sensor recognizes there is a photon it would have been long gone.

The results:
The atomic clock sensors all show that the speed of the photon was never slowed down by any of the previous sensors based on release time & final destination time.
The test showed that the photon was a wave upon hitting the wall more often than not when the double slit atomic clock was off, but when it was on it was a particle.

The conclusion:
Checking the statistical results of the present can change the statistical results of the past

What percent certainty do you have of all these thoughts, how did you test for them and 'experience' them exactly. Are you absolutely certain of these claims ?
No I am not absolutely certain about these claims. It is a belief based on the strong evidence provided. Not a claim to absolute certainty.
20-01-2016, 08:16 AM

The test:

We? Are you a physicist?

Quote:The atomic clock sensors are designed only to receive information at a distance & not physically interact with the photon. By the time the sensor recognizes there is a photon it would have been long gone.

Interesting, but there doesn't seem to be either confirmation or actual use of the technique.

Quote:The results:

The conclusion:

The conclusion does not follow from your description.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2016, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 09:28 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(20-01-2016 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  

The test:

We? Are you a physicist?

Quote:The atomic clock sensors are designed only to receive information at a distance & not physically interact with the photon. By the time the sensor recognizes there is a photon it would have been long gone.

Interesting, but there doesn't seem to be either confirmation or actual use of the technique.

Quote:The results:

The conclusion:

The conclusion does not follow from your description.
Chas: "We? Are you a physicist?"
Shane: It is an example of how "we" would copy the test, & not a story about me actually doing the test.
No I am not a Physiscist, only a background in Physics.

Chas: "Interesting, but there doesn't seem to be either confirmation or actual use of the technique."
Shane: Agreed. I cannot confirm if this was used in the testing however it was claimed that sensors were placed "at a distance".
In physics the term is generally used to show correlation of quantum particles regardless of position. The test would have been flawed if they did not use this approach.

Consider my test now:
In theory the photon could change the spin of a particle (using electromagnetic force) within the atomic clock by changing the spin of an entangled particle near the slit entrance without actually destroying/changing the speed/direction of the photon. If we knew the direction of spin before the photon passed and then had an atamoic clock record the time & direction of spin after the photon should have passed the slit then we could test the theory that conscious observation affected the result of particle spin based on statistics. The atomic clock could be miles away in this example and we would still get accurate readings.
All we would have to do is simply not read the direction of spin until we until we first read the resulting wave/particle pattern.
If statistics prove the photon to be a wave more often than not once we do not read the direction of spin than when we do when we read it, then it proves conscious observation does affect statistical reality
http://www.livescience.com/28550-how-qua...aphic.html
20-01-2016, 09:02 AM
(20-01-2016 08:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 08:04 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What percent certainty do you have of all these thoughts, how did you test for them and 'experience' them exactly. Are you absolutely certain of these claims ?
No I am not absolutely certain about these claims. It is a belief based on the strong evidence provided. Not a claim to absolute certainty.

Which was in your past when you read about it.
So .... it seems you have been confabulating on TTA since arrival.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-01-2016, 09:15 AM
(17-01-2016 09:34 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
For the sake of simplicity "I" or "my" refers to the author(s) of this post.

No it doesn't exist outside of your perception. When you die, reality dies right along with it. There's no objective reality, just a subjective one, just like there are no objective moral truths, just subjective ones. Reality, existence, are terms we apply to that abstract mental image.

If there is a supposed reality outside of your perception, you wouldn't be able to know it, because we're all prisoners of our own heads.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-01-2016, 09:30 AM
(20-01-2016 04:30 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I am glad you see the absurdity of the question.

Then why did you ask twice for me to explain why it was absurd?

You better watch out, quick turns like this one are bound to give you whiplash.

3/10, I've seen many more artful. You have a nice day.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post