Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(17-01-2016 07:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Are you a first year university student studying philosophy reading Hegel or something?
What is your point?
Do you even have a point?
[/quote]

Do you have an answer to my question?

I studied philosophy for years starting at 16. In the end decided it was outclassed by physics.

For example. Your first question is meaningless to me. I am unsure if you are, or are not insane. I would need to be sure before commenting upon your personal reality.

Myself, having broken 29 bones, rupturing a kidney and contracting cancer, I can tell I exist.

As I advised, if unsure, go smash your hand with a hammer.

Or are you too afraid you may actually exist and this reality thing is real.

Before and after pic's would be appreciated.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2016, 07:28 PM
(17-01-2016 11:31 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You are claiming that "a person's reputation invalidates their argument"
Another fallacy.
You are also claiming that "a person's qualifications validates their argument"
Another fallacy.

I said no such thing, liar. I said neither.
If you are claiming I make a fallacy, you must NAME it, and tell us what fallacy it is. Something is not a fallacy just because you don't like it.

(17-01-2016 11:31 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  P.S. I am not a Solipsist
Have you ever tried directly rebutting an argument as a means of disproving it or is baseless character defamation your only means of arguing?

Yes you are. You may deny it. Your beliefs in only your thoughts is Solipsism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

You basically have no argument to rebut. You are a Presuppositionalist theist. What your god's name is, is "thoughts". You have made no coherent argument yet, since coming here. You offered NOTHING to support your claims. Logic is required, but NOT SUFFICIENT. SCIENCE, (which you know NOTHING about) knows that conscious thought emerges ONLY from brains). THAT is EVIDENCE for more reality than your idiotic unsupported beliefs.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2016, 07:30 PM
(17-01-2016 07:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 06:45 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Please try it. Do it really hard.

Then get back to us.

Are you a first year university student studying philosophy reading Hegel or something?
What is your point?

His point is, YOU came here saying "Duh ... what am I ?"
It's clearly VERY VERY VERY important to label yourself.
Are you in a mental health unit ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2016, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 08:28 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(17-01-2016 06:39 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You hamper on far to much on what you think are standard definitions. Words and ideas are far more functional and fluid than that.

But again, if you can't prove anything about your reality to such a serious extent. So what? (this isn't to "disregard" the idea but to say, okay whats the goal or value here) I can't prove it but it's not like it's a bothersome or concept of butting heads with people about.. I guess I can say I accept it's an absurd situation.

You make a lot of snips at other peoples fallaciousness or uncertain positive claims. But you're constant bringing up of thoughts in that way via the same argumentative form.
Words aren't as important to me. Only the meaning. I think the only way to establish proper communication is by agreement on the meanings of the words we use. It's near impossible to convey a message if we do not both share the same meaning for a word.
Ideas however, I am always open to new ideas. That's probably why it was inevitable that I let go of my religion. Former Christian, former Muslim. Now Agnostic but I have issues with the definition.
My arguments are very simple and if flawed in Logic they can be easily disproved.
This is an Atheist Philosophy forum so I expect no mercy.
Since I am not a Theist I do not have the God can do anything cop out.

Concerning the snips about other peoples fallacies or claims, in most cases you will notice it is only in defense of my own arguments.
Regarding "thoughts".
I once argued that everything is unknowable until I came across René Descartes statement:
"I think therefore I am".
I cannot disprove the logic so I eventually adopted it into my world view.
Honestly speaking I yearn for the day that I can disprove his logic, because I feel a lot more comfortable with the world view that "everything is unknowable". Unfortunately I haven't come across any good disproving arguments as yet & I am chained by logic to remain at my current World View until a more probable one is presented to me.
17-01-2016, 07:42 PM
(17-01-2016 03:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Here are a list of Buckies fallacies:

I claim he committed a fallacy, he claims that i cannot know if he committed a fallacy because I am not a philosopher.

No. Liar. There are TWO issues.
1. YOU did not name the fallacy committed, (and you still haven't).
2. Therefore you are SO ignorant your do not deserve the label "philosopher".

(17-01-2016 03:40 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  He claims my argument is invalid because I am a Solipsist.

I did not. Liar. You HAVE no argument. Whether you are a Solipsist or not is another matter. You apparently are unable to keep things straight.

17-01-2016, 07:47 PM
(17-01-2016 07:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:02 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What is your point?

His point is, YOU came here saying "Duh ... what am I ?"
Oh hey Bucky. Glad to see your back. Have you gotten time to review the fallacies I pointed out in your responses earlier? I look forward to your rebuttal.
With all due respect, I would rather know his point directly from him instead of you.
All the same thanks for trying to help.
Lastly:
No I am not a mental health unit. Whatever gave you that impression?
17-01-2016, 07:49 PM
(17-01-2016 07:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  His point is, YOU came here saying "Duh ... what am I ?"
Oh hey Bucky. Glad to see your back. Have you gotten time to review the fallacies I pointed out in your responses earlier? I look forward to your rebuttal.
With all due respect, I would rather know his point directly from him instead of you.
Lastly:

Okay I am smelling a troll.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
17-01-2016, 07:52 PM
(17-01-2016 07:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Oh hey Bucky. Glad to see your back. Have you gotten time to review the fallacies I pointed out in your responses earlier? I look forward to your rebuttal.
Lastly:

It's "you're" back, Mr. Philosopher man.
I saw your pathetic list. None of them actually apply, as you made up what you INTERPRETED I said. I said no such things. You are paranoid.
Your posts lead one think you are desperately mentally ill.

Care to repeat why you hold you BELIEFS in ONLY your "thoughts" ?
Are you a student of William L. Craig ?

17-01-2016, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 08:11 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(17-01-2016 07:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 07:47 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Oh hey Bucky. Glad to see your back. Have you gotten time to review the fallacies I pointed out in your responses earlier? I look forward to your rebuttal.
Lastly:

Okay I am smelling a troll.
I was about to say the same thing.
Forum troll:
Someone who gets pleasure by typing annoying/controversial/offensive words at strangers on internet forums, for them to read.
17-01-2016, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 08:14 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(17-01-2016 07:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
Lastly:

It's "you're" back, Mr. Philosopher man.
I saw your pathetic list. None of them actually apply, as you made up what you INTERPRETED I said. I said no such things. You are paranoid.
Your posts lead one think you are desperately mentally ill.

Care to repeat why you hold you BELIEFS in ONLY your "thoughts" ?
Are you a student of William L. Craig ?
Thank you for correcting my spelling error. Not a Philosopher as yet.
Your rebuttal to my Fallacy List is quite vague. You simply said that it doesn't apply & I made it up.
Can you indicate which parts I fabricated so that I may address them or at the very least admit fallibility on my part?
While you are at it can you also indicate which one of my posts has an inclination to mental retardation? Clearly this can be a more serious issue & it would be foolish of me to disregard it.
Lastly:
No I am not a student of William Lane Craig. Considering that he is a Theist & I am not I don't see how you correlated this.
He is an advocate of "God works in mysterious ways" & if you would look at the "Atheism & Theism" section you will see I wrote an article showing why it is illogical for any God to work in mysterious ways.
I will soon be writing an article of why Solipsism is illogical as well. Hopefully it will remove any doubts you still have that I am a Solipsist.