Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 07:14 AM
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(21-01-2016 07:11 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:09 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  They would be presenting you with evidence for THEIR personal experience, not your experience.

People don't run around saying "I am absolutely certain of my personal experience". Maybe you do. It's simply bullshit. Maybe it happens in your bizarre world. It's a non-concern. Educated adults often say, "in my opinion" etc. We are well aware that our personal experience is lacking in many ways, on the level that huiman perception operates. There are things much much smaller we never perceive, and much larger which are beyond perception. Only a fool would claim their perspective reality is absolutely certain.
Do we run around saying "I am absolutely certain of your personal experience"?

Of course not. We do neither. It's all a fapping non-issue, (except for insane obsessional philosophers), not unlike yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Has he hit his hand with a hammer yet? There lies the answer to his true thoughts.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-01-2016, 07:36 AM
(21-01-2016 07:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:11 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Do we run around saying "I am absolutely certain of your personal experience"?

Of course not. We do neither. It's all a fapping non-issue, (except for insane obsessional philosophers), not unlike yourself.
I actually do not mean this in an offensive way but...
"And your point is?"
21-01-2016, 08:07 AM
(21-01-2016 07:36 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:14 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Of course not. We do neither. It's all a fapping non-issue, (except for insane obsessional philosophers), not unlike yourself.
I actually do not mean this in an offensive way but...
"And your point is?"

Your reality (i.e. your perception of reality) dies with you leaving reality for everyone else to perceive.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-01-2016, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 08:55 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(21-01-2016 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 07:36 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I actually do not mean this in an offensive way but...
"And your point is?"

Your reality (i.e. your perception of reality) dies with you leaving reality for everyone else to perceive.
The first part seems obvious.
How is the 2nd part not engaging in mental fappery?
Not that I think mental fappery is useless.
By all means fap away
21-01-2016, 08:52 AM
(21-01-2016 08:48 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your reality (i.e. your perception of reality) dies with you leaving reality for everyone else to perceive.
The first part seems obvious.
Not that I think mental fappery I useless.
By all means fap away

Asked and answered. You seem to have missed it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2016, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 09:10 AM by Agnostic Shane.)
(21-01-2016 08:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:48 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  The first part seems obvious.
Not that I think mental fappery I useless.
By all means fap away

Asked and answered. You seem to have missed it.
1st part:
Your reality dies with you
Obvious

2nd part:
Leaving reality for everyone else to perceive.
Mental fappery

Didn't miss it, you're just fapping in public and I'm just commenting about it.
21-01-2016, 09:09 AM
(21-01-2016 08:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Asked and answered. You seem to have missed it.

Missing points seems to be his specialty.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
21-01-2016, 09:18 AM
(21-01-2016 09:09 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 08:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Asked and answered. You seem to have missed it.

Missing points seems to be his specialty.
That's weird.
Wasn't that what you did?
Missed the point & left the conversation after I showed you where you missed the point?
Don't make me repost your replies & make you run away again. Laughat
I'm warning you.
I'll do it. I swear.
Tongue
21-01-2016, 09:47 AM
(19-01-2016 11:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Shane: There is one huge flaw in your logic. In my OP I stated that I am not necessarily me. Think I am being dishonest about that?
Yes I do. Your entire argument since arriving here is that our position as Atheists is illogical because we can't know for absolute certainty that a god does not exist and that your position IS logical because you know with absolute certainty your thoughts exist.
I'm showing that you don't know that at all making your position, by your own twisted childish logic, illogical.

(19-01-2016 11:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  "For the sake of simplicity "I" or "my" refers to the author(s) of this post."
What do you think I could possibly mean by that?
Again given that your entire argument has been that you KNOW WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY your thoughts exist it clearly doesn't mean what your trying to say it means now after the fact. More dishonesty, more evasiveness.
(19-01-2016 11:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I wasn't being dishonest in this situation now was I?
First off I wasn't referring to that when I called you dishonest, I was referring to your tendency to avoid anything approaching a hard question or criticism which you continue to do. But that aside yes you are being dishonest even in this situation given my criticism points out your entire line of argument is self refuting and inconsistent with it self and you are now trying to agree with it.

(19-01-2016 11:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  A nice "sorry" would do.
I'll see your sorry and raise you a go fuck yourself you dishonest prick.Drinking Beverage

(19-01-2016 11:23 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What other points did I presumably evade/avoid?
Nope, you can go find them your damn self. I've posted arguments for you 3 times in a row because you were too lazy or stupid to find them yourself. I'll give you a hit though: they are in plain sight just like the last one, hiding in posted you quoted but with content you ignored. A long list for you, but should narrow it down.

Now back to my point please tell me how the fact "you can't know with absolute certainty your thoughts exist" works with your assertion that "I do not accept that anything is absolutely true or absolutely exists other than these thoughts. These thoughts do exist and it would be illogical to dismiss it."

It seems to me like your full of bullshit.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.