Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 01:21 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(21-01-2016 12:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 11:59 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You misunderstand
Let me rephrase:
What's the point of claiming something is "mental fapping"?

The point is, no rational person can claim perceptual certainty, including you. Yesterday YOU told us to look a a study which was relatively new. Your perceptions of reality changed after your read that, (more than likely). No one perceives total 100 % total (certain) perception of reality, and to claim it it irrational.
We can discuss that also.
In that reply I was just asking

Concerning the other point you made. I see where you are misunderstanding my statement. Improperly explained position may be the cause. It's not an act of dishonesty but you will probably say it was all the same.

Maybe this will set things straight:
If there existed:
absolute certainty outside of perception
absolute certain only within perception

the former being a higher end of the spectrum of certainty

then my position of certainty is of the latter & is therefore not a 100% absolute claim from an objective stand point.

My claims of absolute certainty within my perception is not objective, it is subjective.

Would this help clarify my position better for you?

If you are going to claim I'm being dishonest about my above explanation of my initial claim then consider this:

Why did I title this post:

"Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it? "
instead of
"Does reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?"

One question concerns a claim at the highest end of the spectrum of certainty & the other does not.
I assure you it's not a typo & it is very deliberate.

You want relevance?
It's a forum that discusses the existence/non existence of a being outside oh our present reality.
Theists claim Certainty at the highest end of the spectrum. It's a Paradoxical belief.
Here is another paradoxical belief:
An Omniscient being can claim Omniscience
Even if it truly was Omniscient it would be dishonest for it to make the claim.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Agnostic Shane's post
21-01-2016, 12:47 PM
(21-01-2016 12:06 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would gladly take the criticism if it addresses a point I have made.
Well that's an absolute lie based on your post history.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-01-2016, 12:56 PM
(21-01-2016 12:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:06 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I would gladly take the criticism if it addresses a point I have made.
Well that's an absolute lie based on your post history.
Why do you think I titled this post:

instead of

The following statement should put an end to this debate once and for all:

Assuming my initial post was in some way dishonest or misleading.
if I were to say:
The last post accurately represents my position & you were to believe that would we still have any disagreements?
21-01-2016, 01:18 PM
(21-01-2016 12:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Well that's an absolute lie based on your post history.
Why do you think I titled this post:

instead of

if I were to say:
The last post accurately represents my position & you were to believe that would we still have any disagreements?
None of this bullshit has anything to do with the criticism I leveled and you have continued to ignore. Wanna try dancing with the truth now?

21-01-2016, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 01:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-01-2016 12:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The point is, no rational person can claim perceptual certainty, including you. Yesterday YOU told us to look a a study which was relatively new. Your perceptions of reality changed after your read that, (more than likely). No one perceives total 100 % total (certain) perception of reality, and to claim it it irrational.
We can discuss that also.

Concerning the other point you made. I see where you are misunderstanding my statement. Improperly explained position may be the cause. It's not an act of dishonesty but you will probably say it was all the same.

If there existed:

then my position of certainty is of the latter & is therefore not a 100% absolute claim from an objective stand point.

My claims of absolute certainty within my perception is not objective, it is subjective.

If you are going to claim I'm being dishonest about my above explanation of my initial claim then consider this:

instead of

One question concerns a claim at the highest end of the spectrum of certainty & the other does not.

You want relevance?
It's a forum that discusses the existence/non existence of a being outside oh our present reality.
Theists claim Certainty at the highest end of the spectrum. It's a Paradoxical belief.

Show me anywhere in mainline theology, that theists claim "certainty at the highest end of the spectrum". Theists claim to to have been given the gift of faith. Mark 9:24 "Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Theists are constantly discussing how to deal with their doubts. I think your black and white world (where do your mental fapping, which is why I used that word, and which IS what Solipcism is all about) NEEDS to look at certainties, and black and whites, which is why you commit the fallacy of the false dichotomy ("excluded middle") so often.

Quote:Why did I title this post:
instead of

Umm, .......... to show us you can't use a verb ("exist") correctly in the English language ?

I still say, anyone who claims, objectively or subjectively to personally perceive reality "at the highest end of the spectrum", is a fool. There are all sorts of reality no one can perceive. 94 % + of this universe is Dark Energy and Dark Matter. You have no clue what the vast majority of reality even consists of.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-01-2016, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 01:58 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(21-01-2016 01:18 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:56 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Why do you think I titled this post:

instead of

if I were to say:
None of this bullshit has anything to do with the criticism I leveled and you have continued to ignore. Wanna try dancing with the truth now?
I can discuss that if you want. The results of that discussion may or may not give you satisfaction.
However.
In this reply I am specifically dealing with the OP

Are you stating you no longer wish to discuss my OP any longer?

If not then I will consider the original topic closed between us & I will review your claims of my apparent dishonesty in another thread in an effort to defend my reputation and not my claims.

Are you fine with this?
21-01-2016, 01:30 PM
(21-01-2016 01:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  We can discuss that also.

If there existed:

instead of

You want relevance?

Show me anywhere that theists claim "certainty at the highest end of the spectrum". Theists claim to to have been given the gift of faith. Mark 9:24 "Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Theists are constantly discussing how to deal with their doubts. I think your black and white world (where do your mental fapping, which is why I used that word, and which IS what Solipcism is all about) NEEDS to look at certainties, and black and whites, which is why you commit the fallacy of the false dichotomy ("excluded middle") so often.
I can discuss that if you want. The Topic of Theistic Certainty is a new one.
However.
In this reply I am specifically dealing with the OP

Are you stating you no longer wish to discuss my OP any longer?

If not then I will consider the original topic closed between us & I will open another thread to discuss Theistic Certainty.

Are you fine with this?
21-01-2016, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 01:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
You do whatever you like. It's a stupid idea. There are as many forms of theist thought as there are theists.
From Fundamentalists to contemplative mystics who find the best analogy for their faith to be "The Cloud of Unknowing".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cloud_of_Unknowing

instead of

Umm, .......... to show us you can't use a verb ("exist") correctly in the English language ?

I still say, anyone who claims, objectively or subjectively to personally perceive reality "at the highest end of the spectrum", is a fool. There are all sorts of reality no one can perceive. 94 % + of this universe is Dark Energy and Dark Matter. You have no clue what the vast majority of reality even consists of.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-01-2016, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 01:52 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(21-01-2016 01:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You do whatever you like.

instead of

It was a typo. Someone pointed it out a few days ago. I saw it long before that but I cannot edit my op. Any moderators willing to help?

I do not wish to discuss the topic:
"Anyone who claims, objectively or subjectively to personally perceive reality "at the highest end of the spectrum", is a fool"
I do not share the same belief as they do therefore I cannot defend the position.

Do you no longer wish to discuss my OP?

If not then I will consider the original topic closed between us.

Are you fine with this Bucky?
21-01-2016, 02:15 PM
(21-01-2016 01:27 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If not then I will consider the original topic closed between us & I will review your claims of my apparent dishonesty in another thread in an effort to defend my reputation and not my claims.

Are you fine with this?
No, the last thing this forum needs is you making another thread in which to be dishonest and evasive. You have been handed MULTIPLE chances to actually address my criticism in this thread across several days and you have avoided it the better part of a dozen or more times. This is in spite of me posting my criticisms of your position numerous times at your request just to have you either ignore them or go off on a rant entirely unrelated to the criticism.

The last thing this forum needs is another venue for you to be a dishonest prick. Your position upon arriving here has been demonstrated to be irrational, illogical, self refuting, and inconsistent with both reality and it's self. You have had plenty of opportunity to offer a rebuttal but you chose to be evasive and dishonest, intellectually and otherwise.

So allow me to answer the question you posed in your original thread: What am I? A waste of time.

Shoo troll.