Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 03:01 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(21-01-2016 02:15 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 01:27 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  If not then I will consider the original topic closed between us & I will review your claims of my apparent dishonesty in another thread in an effort to defend my reputation and not my claims.

Are you fine with this?
No, the last thing this forum needs is you making another thread in which to be dishonest and evasive. You have been handed MULTIPLE chances to actually address my criticism in this thread across several days and you have avoided it the better part of a dozen or more times. This is in spite of me posting my criticisms of your position numerous times at your request just to have you either ignore them or go off on a rant entirely unrelated to the criticism.

The last thing this forum needs is another venue for you to be a dishonest prick. Your position upon arriving here has been demonstrated to be irrational, illogical, self refuting, and inconsistent with both reality and it's self. You have had plenty of opportunity to offer a rebuttal but you chose to be evasive and dishonest, intellectually and otherwise.

So allow me to answer the question you posed in your original thread: What am I? A waste of time.

Shoo troll.
Do you wish to discuss the OP any further or can I declare the OP topic closed between us?

Regarding your claims of my apparent dishonesty:
You do not wish to discuss my apparent dishonesty in another thread. Understood.

I tried to discuss your claims of my apparent dishonesty with you in this thread.
I asked you to show them to me. You agreed.
You showed me 1. I showed you where hou misinterpreted the op & the mistke was not my own. You had no objections to my reply.
I asked you to show me more. You said no, find it myself.
I tried. I cannot find it. So I am asking for you to show me.
I would be guessing at where exactly the dishonesty occurred. It would clutter this post faster than anything else and waste more time than if you just simply showed me.
You are unwilling to show me & I am unable to find any on my own.
How do we resolve this dilemma?
Assuming that I somehow avoided your criticism in the past.
How does this qualify as me avoiding your criticism now?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2016, 03:00 PM
So what's the verdict on this thing?

Do we all agree that reality exists whether or not Shane (or anybody) exists?
21-01-2016, 03:02 PM
(21-01-2016 03:00 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  So what's the verdict on this thing?

More to the point, who gives a shit?

By which I mean, nobody actually acts as though there weren't a consistent external reality. It's a distinction without a difference so far as getting on with our lives is concerned.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
21-01-2016, 04:06 PM
(21-01-2016 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  You had no objections to my reply.
Firstly your reply didn't in anyway have anything to do with the criticism I was raising. You either have the reading comprehension of a potato on methamphetamine or you are trying to deliberately strawman the criticism and frankly I don't care which as it's mind numbingly boring and tedious either way.
Secondly I did make a reply it was the one you chose to fucking ignore so you could post about me making fun of your hypocrisy.

(21-01-2016 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I asked you to show me more. You said no, find it myself.
Your unwillingness to address criticism when it was raised for the 5TH goddamn time and unanswered for the 5th goddamn time is your problem not mine. If you were less evasive and dishonest you wouldn't have this problem, I'm not your mother fix your own fuck ups kid.

(21-01-2016 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I tried. I cannot find it.
Than you are incompetent which is also not my problem. I won't be pointing you in the right direction a 6th time, I'm just going to assume like the last 5 times you just don't have an answer.

(21-01-2016 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  How do we resolve this dilemma?
Well I could tell you to fuck off and waste no more time trying to explain why you are wrong and just give you the mockery you deserve.

(21-01-2016 02:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  How does this qualify as me avoiding your criticism now?
You have had plenty of opportunity, you don't get to boohoo now. Won't waste my time repeating myself again to a person who has been as blatantly evasive as you.

Now shoo troll.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-01-2016, 04:14 PM
(21-01-2016 03:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

By which I mean, nobody actually acts as though there weren't a consistent external reality. It's a distinction without a difference so far as getting on with our lives is concerned.
No we don't all agree.
As to the relevance of the question, that would be a matter of perspective.
The question drives curiosity for those that would wish to find the answers.
Those that see no value in the question will find it irrelevant.
21-01-2016, 04:20 PM
(21-01-2016 12:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What's the point of claiming something is "mental fapping"?

I suggest you ask yourself that question. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-01-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 04:40 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
(21-01-2016 04:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-01-2016 12:17 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  What's the point of claiming something is "mental fapping"?

I suggest you ask yourself that question. Drinking Beverage
I wouldn't know. It's a question that is directed at him. Only he can answer.
Let me rephrase it then.
What's the purpose of you claiming something is "mental fapping"?

I already know why I would call something "mental fapping"
I already stated I have no issues with the people that "mental fap"
21-01-2016, 05:35 PM
(21-01-2016 04:36 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I already stated I have no issues with the people that "mental fap"

I for one, already knew that.
You think philosophy is interesting.
It's a start, but can never stand on it's own. (Necessary but not sufficient).
Philosophy never discovered anything, or cured anyone.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
21-01-2016, 05:44 PM
(21-01-2016 03:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

"If I were forced to sum up in one sentence what the Copenhagen interpretation says to me, it would be 'Shut up and calculate!' " - David Mermin

#sigh
21-01-2016, 05:46 PM
(21-01-2016 05:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Philosophy never discovered anything, or cured anyone.

Not even the ancient Greek philosophers?

#sigh