Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2016 11:56 PM by Agnostic Shane.)
RE: Does my reality exists regardless of how I perceive it?
(17-01-2016 11:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 11:26 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  thought:
noun
1. an idea or opinion produced by thinking, or occurring suddenly in the mind.
2. the action or process of thinking.
https://www.google.tt/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=anac...ught+means

"why else would we get out of bed?"
For the same reason someone that just got amnesia would get out of bed?

Errr, thanks but ...

I didn't ask for the definition of "thought", I asked how you define "the thought process"

Cheers.

ps, the amnesiac answer was goood. Liking that.
I never defined the thought process.
I don't have to define how something works to know that it exists.
Not sure where you are going with this but here is a little food for thought while you are on your journey.
Anything that interacts with our perspective reality is possibly real.
Black Holes are possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Gravity is possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Space/Time is possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Science claims there is physical evidence that show the thinking process. (electrical firing synapses). Even if there wasn't we already interact with our environment so thoughts would have still been classified as real.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2016, 12:00 AM
(17-01-2016 11:53 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I never defined the thought process.
Not sure where you are going with this but here is a little food for thought while you are on your journey.
Black Holes are possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Gravity is possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Space/Time is possibly real. There is no physical evidence for it. Only interaction.
Science claims there is physical evidence that show the thinking process. (electrical firing synapses). Even if there wasn't we already interact with our environment so thoughts would have still been classified as real.

Are you honestly this stupid?

Did you read the scientific study I posted on the brain and thought process'?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:06 AM
(18-01-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(17-01-2016 11:53 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  I never defined the thought process.

Are you honestly this stupid?

Please show where the stupid part lies.
Regarding the brain & thoughts:
http://michaelbalchan.com/braininfrastru...vid=4s4TeL
Anatomy of a Thought
When you have a thought, an electrical signal passes back and forth between the various neurons responsible for that thought. Because the brain is always trying to become more efficient, every time two cells communicate with one another the brain makes it easier for them to do so in the future by building up the connection between them. Technically, it does this by building a myelin sheath2 around the axon, which facilitates the transmission of the electrical signal.
The more you have a thought, the more the sheath gets built up, and the easier it is for electrical signals to pass between cells. The easier it is for electrical signals to pass, the easier it becomes to have the same thought in the future. As the father of neuropsychology Dr. Donald O. Hebb famously said, “neurons that fire together wire together.”
The process can be thought of as similar to the way that construction crews might add another lane to a well traveled street or highway to make it easier for cars to travel. Every time you have a thought it’s like giving a signal to the construction crews that more thought-traffic is coming, so they prepare by building more infrastructure.
18-01-2016, 12:10 AM
(18-01-2016 12:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:00 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you honestly this stupid?

Please show where the stupid part lies.
Anatomy of a Thought
When you have a thought, an electrical signal passes back and forth between the various neurons responsible for that thought. Because the brain is always trying to become more efficient, every time two cells communicate with one another the brain makes it easier for them to do so in the future by building up the connection between them. Technically, it does this by building a myelin sheath2 around the axon, which facilitates the transmission of the electrical signal.
The more you have a thought, the more the sheath gets built up, and the easier it is for electrical signals to pass between cells. The easier it is for electrical signals to pass, the easier it becomes to have the same thought in the future. As the father of neuropsychology Dr. Donald O. Hebb famously said, “neurons that fire together wire together.”
The process can be thought of as similar to the way that construction crews might add another lane to a well traveled street or highway to make it easier for cars to travel. Every time you have a thought it’s like giving a signal to the construction crews that more thought-traffic is coming, so they prepare by building more infrastructure.

Mate for me to point out the stupid, I'd have to quote every post you have made.

DID YOU READ THE SCIENTIFIC STUDY I POSTED?

Or was it too long for you?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:18 AM
(18-01-2016 12:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:06 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Please show where the stupid part lies.
Anatomy of a Thought

Mate for me to point out the stupid, I'd have to quote every post you have made.

Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.
I am not sure if I did read it. I am sure that I have read over 100 articles on the brain & Neuroscience in the last year.
You can repost the link if you like.
What is the point you are trying to make?
18-01-2016, 12:26 AM
(18-01-2016 12:18 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate for me to point out the stupid, I'd have to quote every post you have made.

Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.
I am not sure if I did read it. I am sure that I have read over 100 articles on the brain & Neuroscience in the last year.

The link you missed.

Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:40 AM
(18-01-2016 12:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:18 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  Argumentum ad hominem – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.

The link you missed.
Seen the research before. What's the point in having me re read it?
18-01-2016, 12:45 AM
(18-01-2016 12:40 AM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(18-01-2016 12:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The link you missed.
Seen the research before. What's the point in having me re read it?

I do not think you understand it.

However I have concluded you are a troll and am done with you. I'm too old to deal with you.

BTW, you never answered my Rome post showing buildings and statues dating around 2000 years ago, proving existence prior to your unfortunate birth.

Banjo.
18-01-2016, 12:48 AM
Take this crap and go Here.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
18-01-2016, 02:47 AM
(17-01-2016 11:53 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  ...
I never defined the thought process.

I know you didn't.

It's just that you are obviously well read and articulate so I was asking for your thoughts on the thinking of thoughts.

Indeed not but it's the kinda thing that interests me.

A 'thought' is an output of a process.

Understanding that process (how it works) i.e. activities triggered by some stimuli (inputs) would tell us something about the properties of those inputs (real or virtual).

To me, that's a worthwhile use of my time (assuming time is real). Big Grin

OK. Thanks.

'Real' in the sense that consciousness is real?

Like numbers are real?

Real or imaginary ... there's the rub.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post