Does science explain experience?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Does science explain experience?
Does science operate on the idea that there is a world we experience and a world of facts and truths ( referred to as the real)?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Does science explain experience?
(25-07-2013 05:40 AM)I and I Wrote:  Does science operate on the idea that there is a world we experience and a world of facts and truths ( referred to as the real)?

Science doesn't operate. Science is a method for beings to learn the facts and truths about the world they experience. The method does not require the existence of two or more worlds...if that's what your asking.
26-07-2013, 02:49 AM
A core hypothesis of science is that it is possible to conduct experiments that result in defined outcomes, and that it is possible to construct hypotheses that predict those outcomes. This hypothesis is held as only provisionally true, but thus far has itself had extremely productive predictive power.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
30-07-2013, 12:22 AM
It doesn't explain all human experience, though it does claim to do so - or rather science's proponents claim it does.

Try this site for online translation services.
30-07-2013, 01:51 AM
I always defined science as a human's perceptive of how things work.

[Image: mrsnail.gif]
30-07-2013, 03:15 AM
(30-07-2013 01:51 AM)Sloane Wrote:  I always defined science as a human's perceptive of how things work.

Science is the method we use to accurately perceive how things work.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
30-07-2013, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2013 03:31 AM by Luminon.)
(25-07-2013 05:40 AM)I and I Wrote:  Does science operate on the idea that there is a world we experience and a world of facts and truths ( referred to as the real)?

As it was said, science itself does not operate, or think or act for itself, it's a method and a sum of knowledge, not a living things.
But I think scientists see this division merely as a gap in knowledge, caused by insufficient brain imaging techniques.
I'd certainly welcome better and cheaper brain imaging techniques. There's stuff I need to pin down.
30-07-2013, 05:11 AM
I and I is living in the matrix world. There is no one there other than himself.

I and I, You're an idiot. Go crawl under a rock. Stay there. Enjoy your solipsistic fantasies, just leave us in peace.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
30-07-2013, 05:00 PM
(30-07-2013 05:11 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I and I is living in the matrix world. There is no one there other than himself.

I and I, You're an idiot. Go crawl under a rock. Stay there. Enjoy your solipsistic fantasies, just leave us in peace.
Then again, I and I might be autistic. Many autists do not understand anything about anything and need even the most rudimentary information handed to them. His brain might not make connections where they should be, can't generalize.

I and I, have you consulted a doctor? As for other questions on human affairs, I found the Civil Code a very helpful reading.