Does someone know the term for...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 10:53 AM
RE: Does someone know the term for...
It's also the power of imagination. A very useful tool we have in many ways - we invent new stuff with it, think outside the box, or experience intense empathy.

On the other hand, we also see ghosts, talk to the dead and have imaginary friends and visions and all kinds of shit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
30-07-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: Does someone know the term for...
I blame soap operas and "romance" novels. In a word: addiction psychosis. Ok, that's two words. Dodgy

Take a look at soap operas and romance novels: they are all so drama-queeny and shit happens to the extreme in them. People who watch and read them, often wonder why their own life doesn't have all this shit going on. For those addicted to that high drama shit, losing touch with reality is just a single, imaginative thought away.

It is the same with god stuffs.

When someone is addicted they can and will, make anything happen. It's all part of justifying the addiction. This created reality needs to be kept going; life can not go on without it. And they are correct in this conviction: the life they have imagined can not continue without this created reality... some other reality might exist, just not their reality. This is how they make the distinction - it is a separate world. Soon, it becomes the only world they know how to operate in.

People are often victims of their own desires, whether real or imagined. The addict tweaks the imaginary into becoming reality... they perpetuate and participate in their own victimization.

I think, it initially may have a lot to do with the pleasure centers in our brain which can become highly stimulated by creativity. It can be quite addictive.

People really shouldn't actively dabble in imaginary shit, unless they make art. At least my insanity stops when I put down my brush or pen. Dodgy As far as you know.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply