Does the bear shit in the woods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: Does the bear shit in the woods?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Well, (*&*^$%$#%RT^^^$$@#$%!!!!!!!

I was cleaning up the veggie garden for winter today, and step out the back gate and guess what! A fresh pile! I thought he had long left, but apparently he is still around my place at night. AAARRRGGGHHH!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-11-2016, 05:28 PM
(07-11-2016 05:23 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, (*&*^$%$#%RT^^^$$@#$%!!!!!!!

I was cleaning up the veggie garden for winter today, and step out the back gate and guess what! A fresh pile! I thought he had long left, but apparently he is still around my place at night. AAARRRGGGHHH!

You need to call Yakherder, onlinebiker, Chas or Popeye’s Pappy...I think they can help. [Image: lmeFItM.gif?zoom=2]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
07-11-2016, 05:35 PM
We have evidence that they do.

[Image: Bear.jpg~c200]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
07-11-2016, 06:09 PM
(07-11-2016 05:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  We have evidence that they do.

I am sure mine does too, but he has one more gate to cover.

Talked to a guy who was born in these here parts today, and he says the bears don't hibernate much here. We would need some very cold weather to get him to leave, and then it would just be for a couple months.

If it bothers me enough I can call the wildlife folks and they will try to trap him, or tranquilize him .... and take him away so he can shit in the woods again.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-11-2016, 06:44 PM
(07-11-2016 06:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 05:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  We have evidence that they do.

I am sure mine does too, but he has one more gate to cover.

Talked to a guy who was born in these here parts today, and he says the bears don't hibernate much here. We would need some very cold weather to get him to leave, and then it would just be for a couple months.

If it bothers me enough I can call the wildlife folks and they will try to trap him, or tranquilize him .... and take him away so he can shit in the woods again.

Can you tell how big it is by the piles? Might make a really neat rug, but not if it is too small.
07-11-2016, 06:51 PM
(07-11-2016 06:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Can you tell how big it is by the piles? Might make a really neat rug, but not if it is too small.

"The National Park Rangers are advising hikers in Glacier National Park and other Rocky Mountain parks to be alert for bears and take extra precautions to avoid an encounter.

They advise park visitors to wear little bells on their clothes so they make noise when hiking. The bell noise allows bears to hear them coming from a distance and not be startled by a hiker accidentally sneaking up on them. This might cause a bear to charge.

Visitors should also carry a pepper spray can just in case a bear is encountered. Spraying the pepper into the air will irritate the bear’s sensitive nose and it will run away.

It is also a good idea to keep an eye out for fresh bear scat so you have an idea if bears are in the area. People should be able to recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear scat.

Black bear droppings are smaller and often contain berries, leaves, and possibly bits of fur. Grizzly bear droppings tend to contain small bells and smell of pepper.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-11-2016, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 06:16 PM by Anjele.)
Places not to visit...Dom's house during bears pooping at the gate season. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
08-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Wait....wait.... look who else!

[Image: pope-woods.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
08-11-2016, 02:37 PM
(07-11-2016 06:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 06:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am sure mine does too, but he has one more gate to cover.

Can you tell how big it is by the piles? Might make a really neat rug, but not if it is too small.

The local guy said it looked to be a yearling (judging by the size of the most recent pile.) But I don't want a bear rug, I'd rather see him back up in the mountains.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post