Does the bible being unchanged= divine inspiration?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 04:27 AM
RE: Does the bible being unchanged= divine inspiration?
(04-09-2016 04:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The Bible claims inspiration not inerrancy.

There are people who would disagree even with that.

It's all just another soup sandwich.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
05-09-2016, 12:09 PM
(04-09-2016 03:16 PM)1994californication Wrote:  There are manuscripts dating back all the way to 200 AD that can prove the Bibles of today are based on virtually the same Greek/Hebrew texts they had near the time of Christ. They have thousands of manuscripts dating before the King James version was ever written.

Which Bible? They can't all be inerrant.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-09-2016, 01:00 PM
(05-09-2016 04:27 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 04:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The Bible claims inspiration not inerrancy.

There are people who would disagree even with that.

It's all just another soup sandwich.

Mmmm... soup sandwich....

[Image: 26147636-sourdough-bread-bowl-filled-wit...e-soup.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
05-09-2016, 02:10 PM
(04-09-2016 03:16 PM)1994californication Wrote:  I see this argument from theist and recently in a comment on a YouTube video that went something like this: "Don't be ignorant. Every serious historian believes Jesus existed, that he was baptized by John the Baptist and that he was crucified. If you start being intellectually dishonest it just makes you sound bigoted and makes those you are arguing with sound more credible.

"The word of God has been changed so many times for political reason"

There are manuscripts dating back all the way to 200 AD that can prove the Bibles of today are based on virtually the same Greek/Hebrew texts they had near the time of Christ. They have thousands of manuscripts dating before the King James version was ever written.

Some people simply don't believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God. But other people throw out bad facts that just make them sound bitter. Don't do that." Can anyone help me out with this?

There is nothing to help with. It's just pile of shit - there is talk about word of god but it would be nice if someone could prove that said god exist.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-09-2016, 02:38 PM
(04-09-2016 03:16 PM)1994californication Wrote:  I see this argument from theist and recently in a comment on a YouTube video that went something like this: "Don't be ignorant. Every serious historian believes Jesus existed, that he was baptized by John the Baptist and that he was crucified. If you start being intellectually dishonest it just makes you sound bigoted and makes those you are arguing with sound more credible.

"The word of God has been changed so many times for political reason"

There are manuscripts dating back all the way to 200 AD that can prove the Bibles of today are based on virtually the same Greek/Hebrew texts they had near the time of Christ. They have thousands of manuscripts dating before the King James version was ever written.

Some people simply don't believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God. But other people throw out bad facts that just make them sound bitter. Don't do that." Can anyone help me out with this?

We'd like to help you out, which way didyou come in? You babble so much it is difficult to determine on which side of the argument you sit. ANd how many of these thousands of manuscripts agree with each other? Are you wanting to get into the dead sea scrolls and point out how much they agree with post KJV New and old Testament?
05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
(04-09-2016 06:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  That's one way....not the only way.

Unless you think that Mayans actually saw a feathered serpent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Quote:In the Postclassic period (900–1519 AD), the worship of the feathered serpent deity was based in the primary Mexican religious center of Cholula. It is in this period that the deity is known to have been named "Quetzalcoatl" by his Nahua followers. In the Maya area he was approximately equivalent to Kukulkan and Gukumatz, names that also roughly translate as "feathered serpent" in different Mayan languages.

Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec god of wind and learning, wears around his neck the "wind breastplate" ehecailacocozcatl, "the spirally voluted wind jewel" made of a conch shell. This talisman was a conch shell cut at the cross-section and was likely worn as a necklace by religious rulers as they have been discovered in burials in archaeological sites throughout Mesoamerica and potentially symbolized patterns witnessed in hurricanes, dust devils, seashells, and whirlpools which were elemental forces that had meaning in the Aztec mythology. In codex drawings showing Quetzalcoatl and Xolotl, both are pictured wearing an ehecailacozcatl around each of their necks.[5] There has also been at least one major cache of offerings with knives and idols adorned with the symbols of more than one god, some of which were adorned with wind jewels.

Sometimes people just make shit up.

I have a MSU degree myself Makes Shit up!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
06-09-2016, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 04:38 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(05-09-2016 02:41 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 06:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  That's one way....not the only way.

Unless you think that Mayans actually saw a feathered serpent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Sometimes people just make shit up.

I have a MSU degree myself Makes Shit up!

I wish I knew that joke when I was getting my degree from McNeese State University!

I would often joke that I was getting "a BS in BS" (biological sciences). Laugh out load

Edit to Add: My father-in-law has a BSc in Mathematics from Friends University, which is ironically a Christian college, and likes to joke that he "has a BS from FU". Now I can tell him "well I have a BS in BS from Make Shit Up". Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post