Does the free market work?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Does the free market work?
I've been thinking on this for a long time and ever since deregulation I have seen our country slip down into the 3rd world bracket. The gap between the rich and poor keeps growing greater and nothing changes. Then came free trade and you could see company's move out of this country so fast it made my head spin. That really is the elephant in the room that no one really wants to discus. That is off the table because all of the congress and senators have been paid off. We are a Fascist nation when corp. can pay for campaigns of presidential hopefuls. BTW Corporations are not people! What a line of bullshit. That had to come right out of a marketing campaign. How stupid can American public be. The American voter will pick 1 or 2 issues and close their eyes to what the rest of what the guy or woman is saying. They could be for ending drug laws but for killing puppies but if the biggest thing on the news minute would be the drug law some people wouldn't care about the rest. The bad thing is you get the whole package. I haven't found 1 person I could vote for in this election. One person would let people die because they didn't have ins. I wont say any names because I don't want to hear it. The same person is never going to get my vote no matter what his opinion is on the war and drug laws, the rest of his platform is crazy. That could be why no one ever sides with him. It's a good thing he don't stand a chance. We cant have another depression like the 20's this time it would be worse.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2012, 12:33 PM
RE: Does the free market work?
(09-02-2012 12:30 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I've been thinking on this for a long time and ever since deregulation I have seen our country slip down into the 3rd world bracket. The gap between the rich and poor keeps growing greater and nothing changes. Then came free trade and you could see company's move out of this country so fast it made my head spin. That really is the elephant in the room that no one really wants to discus. That is off the table because all of the congress and senators have been paid off. We are a Fascist nation when corp. can pay for campaigns of presidential hopefuls. BTW Corporations are not people! What a line of bullshit. That had to come right out of a marketing campaign. How stupid can American public be. The American voter will pick 1 or 2 issues and close their eyes to what the rest of what the guy or woman is saying. They could be for ending drug laws but for killing puppies but if the biggest thing on the news minute would be the drug law some people wouldn't care about the rest. The bad thing is you get the whole package. I haven't found 1 person I could vote for in this election. One person would let people die because they didn't have ins. I wont say any names because I don't want to hear it. The same person is never going to get my vote no matter what his opinion is on the war and drug laws, the rest of his platform is crazy. That could be why no one ever sides with him. It's a good thing he don't stand a chance. We cant have another depression like the 20's this time it would be worse.

There's no country in the world that has every implemented truly free market, therefore we don't know if it works or not.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
09-02-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 12:35 PM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
Is it me or has it been the demonizing of the unions too that hurt America?
(09-02-2012 12:33 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 12:30 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I've been thinking on this for a long time and ever since deregulation I have seen our country slip down into the 3rd world bracket. The gap between the rich and poor keeps growing greater and nothing changes. Then came free trade and you could see company's move out of this country so fast it made my head spin. That really is the elephant in the room that no one really wants to discus. That is off the table because all of the congress and senators have been paid off. We are a Fascist nation when corp. can pay for campaigns of presidential hopefuls. BTW Corporations are not people! What a line of bullshit. That had to come right out of a marketing campaign. How stupid can American public be. The American voter will pick 1 or 2 issues and close their eyes to what the rest of what the guy or woman is saying. They could be for ending drug laws but for killing puppies but if the biggest thing on the news minute would be the drug law some people wouldn't care about the rest. The bad thing is you get the whole package. I haven't found 1 person I could vote for in this election. One person would let people die because they didn't have ins. I wont say any names because I don't want to hear it. The same person is never going to get my vote no matter what his opinion is on the war and drug laws, the rest of his platform is crazy. That could be why no one ever sides with him. It's a good thing he don't stand a chance. We cant have another depression like the 20's this time it would be worse.

There's no country in the world that has every implemented truly free market, therefore we don't know if it works or not.
We have it! Ask the Chinese
09-02-2012, 12:52 PM
(09-02-2012 12:33 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  There's no country in the world that has every implemented truly free market, therefore we don't know if it works or not.

The evidence shows that the more free the market, the more people are injured and the greater the economic disparity.

I don't need to jump out of an airplane without a parachute to know how it will end.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
(09-02-2012 12:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 12:33 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  There's no country in the world that has every implemented truly free market, therefore we don't know if it works or not.

The evidence shows that the more free the market, the more people are injured and the greater the economic disparity.

I don't need to jump out of an airplane without a parachute to know how it will end.

Societies aren't planes, they behave according to much more complex laws than planes. Sometimes the results are counterintuitive. Many thought abolishing slavery would collapse the economy. Others thought that democracy would result in mob rule and bring down the country.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
(09-02-2012 01:00 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  

Societies aren't planes, they behave according to much more complex laws than planes. Sometimes the results are counterintuitive. Many thought abolishing slavery would collapse the economy. Others thought that democracy would result in mob rule and bring down the country.

And they thought that without evidence. Do you really think it possible that continuing to erode protections and safeguards will somehow make it all better, when the evidence is otherwise? That would be counter-intuitive indeed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-02-2012, 09:39 AM
(09-02-2012 12:33 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  

Its pretty free in the US, and we know what has happened here. It also doesnt take a genius to figure out the outcome of a purely free market either.

The more stuff you have the easier it is to get more stuff. Eventually a few people have all the assets, whilst the majority has very little. That is exactly what happened in the US. Govt regulations only slowed the process a bit.

What is the most recent statistic? 400 people in the US own more than the bottom 50% combined, 155 million?
10-02-2012, 09:58 AM

I'm not sure what evidence you mean. Free market economics promotes job growth, competition, and forces quality products onto the marketplace. As a libertarian I agree that any product that could be a danger to the unknowing public should be regulated to a point.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 10:12 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
(10-02-2012 09:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

I'm not sure what evidence you mean. Free market economics promotes job growth, competition, and forces quality products onto the marketplace. As a libertarian I agree that any product that could be a danger to the unknowing public should be regulated to a point.

Enjoy your cholera!

Turn off Faux News!
Find some brain cells that function, and pickup a book.
10-02-2012, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 10:44 AM by germanyt.)
(10-02-2012 10:01 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 09:58 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

Enjoy your cholera!

Turn off Faux News!
Find some brain cells that function, and pickup a book.

You're a fuckin idiot. I'd waste time schooling you on economics but it'd be just that, a waste. While were throwing out partisan insults, you sound just like the idiots that post on fox and msnbc. You're a left wing partisan hack.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thanks for your unwavering support of free will, God! rampant.a.i. 2 95 17-06-2014 08:53 AM
Last Post: DLJ
Exclamation "Free" is a lie. Very interesting video. PoolBoyG 0 68 30-04-2014 06:57 AM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  World Free Press Index 2014 The Germans are coming 1 181 13-02-2014 12:07 AM
Last Post: toadaly
  Free Healthcare Hughsie 42 1,142 01-09-2013 06:07 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Does anyone here work for the FBI? I and I 33 1,337 11-07-2013 11:51 AM
Last Post: Lienda Bella
  Right to work state sucks! panterasr9 23 1,532 06-03-2013 10:08 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  Free Trade and the chemical weapon false flag attack in Syria.. I and I 12 519 07-12-2012 06:00 PM
Last Post: FSM_scot