Does this make anyone else mad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Does this make anyone else mad
The fact of knowing we will never know what exactly we live for at all. Just think about it, yes we are lucky to live this life and smile and laughs get to eat delicious food , have sex have kids etc..

But to think we will never find out how and where the universe started , why we started as a race nothing .. It's impossible to find out what the first thing to ever exist.

Cherish life every day , love life more then anything but then again it's all we know ... I always remember hearing people say the quote " no one said life was going to be easy " And that's true but I never remember agreeing to the terms of living ether .. I'm not a depressed person or angry at life. Just seems unfair that us atheist have to live wondering what we live for exactly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: Does this make anyone else mad
(09-01-2014 10:35 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  Just seems unfair that us atheist have to live wondering what we live for exactly.

Not just us atheists. I don't care how strongly someone believes, everyone still has this question in the back of their mind.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
09-01-2014, 10:54 AM
(09-01-2014 10:35 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  The fact of knowing we will never know what exactly we live for at all. Just think about it, yes we are lucky to live this life and smile and laughs get to eat delicious food , have sex have kids etc..

But to think we will never find out how and where the universe started , why we started as a race nothing .. It's impossible to find out what the first thing to ever exist.

Cherish life every day , love life more then anything but then again it's all we know ... I always remember hearing people say the quote " no one said life was going to be easy " And that's true but I never remember agreeing to the terms of living ether .. I'm not a depressed person or angry at life. Just seems unfair that us atheist have to live wondering what we live for exactly.
You are the only one who can give your life a purpose and meaning.
It's as simple as that.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 9 users Like Slowminded's post
09-01-2014, 10:54 AM
[Image: lolwut-2.jpg]

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-01-2014, 11:06 AM
We will never know what the first thing to ever exists was . So it's impossible to find out why everything is why it is . That's my point .. (sorry for grammar issues I'm at work and it's -10deg outside . )
09-01-2014, 11:12 AM
(09-01-2014 10:35 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  The fact of knowing we will never know what exactly we live for at all.

Does that even matter ?

I would think that every individual would answere that differently and would also vary at different times in ones life, and also change as time goes on.

Its the question "what am I here for right now ?" , whatever the answere is to that, would be the correct one.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
09-01-2014, 11:15 AM
(09-01-2014 11:06 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  We will never know what the first thing to ever exists was . So it's impossible to find out why everything is why it is . That's my point .. (sorry for grammar issues I'm at work and it's -10deg outside . )

I wondered about this for a long time. I pretty much came to the conclusion that life is what you make of it. I know Slowminded posted something similar, but it's true. If you want purpose, give yourself one. Because other than that, your biological purpose is to pass on your genres into the pool. So have fun Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
09-01-2014, 11:19 AM
(09-01-2014 11:15 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Because other than that, your biological purpose is to pass on your genes into the pool. So have fun Tongue

I assume that is what you mean!

Warning passing your genes into a pool will get you arrested!Wink

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
09-01-2014, 11:24 AM
(09-01-2014 11:06 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  We will never know what the first thing to ever exists was . So it's impossible to find out why everything is why it is . That's my point .. (sorry for grammar issues I'm at work and it's -10deg outside . )

Warning: stupid rhymes ahead

Fish swim and birds fly
Yours is not to ask why
Yours is only to live and die

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
09-01-2014, 11:25 AM
(09-01-2014 11:12 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 10:35 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  The fact of knowing we will never know what exactly we live for at all.

Does that even matter ?

I would think that every individual would answere that differently and would also vary at different times in ones life, and also change as time goes on.

Its the question "what am I here for right now ?" , whatever the answere is to that, would be the correct one.

That's the thing .. does any of this matter ? Unless you invent something to make humans stop being walking mold then what does " your life matter " to the universe or this earth at that? Just think about it man..