Does this make anyone else mad

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Does this make anyone else mad
(09-01-2014 11:25 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  That's the thing .. does any of this matter ? Unless you invent something to make humans stop being walking mold then what does " your life matter " to the universe or this earth at that? Just think about it man..

Check your ego man. What makes you think that you are supposed to mean anything to the earth or humanity , let alone the universe?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
09-01-2014, 11:39 AM
(09-01-2014 11:30 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:25 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  That's the thing .. does any of this matter ? Unless you invent something to make humans stop being walking mold then what does " your life matter " to the universe or this earth at that? Just think about it man..

Check your ego man. What makes you think that you are supposed to mean anything to the earth or humanity , let alone the universe?

You make the point I'm trying to make I don't think as humans we have any purpose to live besides our own conscious enjoyment we thrive as a race just like any other, but we don't do anything positive for anything else besides ourselves. We have no purpose but our own ..
09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
(09-01-2014 11:39 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:30 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Check your ego man. What makes you think that you are supposed to mean anything to the earth or humanity , let alone the universe?

You make the point I'm trying to make I don't think as humans we have any purpose to live besides our own conscious enjoyment we thrive as a race just like any other, but we don't do anything positive for anything else besides ourselves. We have no purpose but our own ..
Correct.
So make your peace with that realization and move on.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
09-01-2014, 11:50 AM
I've already come to terms with it that's why I posted this in the first place. I wanted to hear other opinions as well.
09-01-2014, 12:15 PM
(09-01-2014 11:19 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:15 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Because other than that, your biological purpose is to pass on your genes into the pool. So have fun Tongue

I assume that is what you mean!

Warning passing your genes into a pool will get you arrested!Wink

Lol, yes that is what I meant. It is surprisingly hard to use Swype on myBB mobile. I'm constantly having to revise all my posts Frusty
So I apologize in advance for spelling/grammatical errors Lamo

Atir aissom atir imon
09-01-2014, 12:22 PM
(09-01-2014 11:30 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  

I had some problem getting the drift of this statement also, but wasnt sure where you were going with it.

(09-01-2014 11:39 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:30 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Check your ego man. What makes you think that you are supposed to mean anything to the earth or humanity , let alone the universe?

I think Slowminded did too.
(09-01-2014 11:46 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(09-01-2014 11:39 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  You make the point I'm trying to make I don't think as humans we have any purpose to live besides our own conscious enjoyment we thrive as a race just like any other, but we don't do anything positive for anything else besides ourselves. We have no purpose but our own ..
Correct.

And this was a bit harsh, the OP just wants to understand others take on the situation. Nothing wrong with that in my book.
09-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Re: Does this make anyone else mad
I think of it and say so what? It in no way makes me mad or feel any sense of loss.

We should not assume there are necessarily answers to be had. One can find solace in anything be it what they think of as real or not.

I find value in finding information about the natural world, but because some won't be discovered in my lifetime, maybe ever, is just a reason to want any life after me to continue getting wiser.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-01-2014, 02:57 PM
(09-01-2014 12:22 PM)War Horse Wrote:  

I had some problem getting the drift of this statement also, but wasnt sure where you were going with it.

(09-01-2014 11:39 AM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  You make the point I'm trying to make I don't think as humans we have any purpose to live besides our own conscious enjoyment we thrive as a race just like any other, but we don't do anything positive for anything else besides ourselves. We have no purpose but our own ..

I think Slowminded did too.
(09-01-2014 11:46 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Correct.

And this was a bit harsh, the OP just wants to understand others take on the situation. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Me and my friends had a really long talk about it at work and exactly i just wanted to hear other peoples outlooks on the fact of never knowing. Maybe i should of explained better but i was at work. So i will give it another shot.

What i meant to ask was, does any one else get mad or frustrated with the idea of us never knowing the true meaning of life. And what i mean by that is the fact that there is NO WAY of proving what the first thing ever was and why it was created therefore the meaning of life itself ( everything ). No one person can tell me what created everything because its impossioble.. even if theres a god or a flying penut with wings they dont know the answer ether.
09-01-2014, 03:09 PM
(09-01-2014 02:57 PM)TheThirdEye Wrote:  ). No one person can tell me what created everything because its impossioble.. even if theres a god or a flying penut with wings they dont know the answer ether.

Me thinks you need to do a little more study on Biology, Cosmology, Evolution and general science. Things will become a bit clearer after a while.

There is no "what" or "who", tho the "what" can be open to interpretation.
09-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Well, no, it doesn't make me mad. The question is too grand really. We think the first thing to exist was some kind of singularity, but then what contained that singularity and then where did that originate? It can get into infinite regression very quickly. I don't think there is a singular meaning of life other than life is to live. I think purpose of living is decided by each being. No doubt some of these things have already been said.

[Image: banner580x90_zpse43f1abd.png]
[+] 2 users Like Cobalt's post