Doesn't need a whole thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 11:26 AM by Impulse.)
Doesn't need a whole thread
Sometimes I just want to tell something to the community here that probably won't generate a lot of discussion so it seems silly to start a whole thread. So I'm starting this thread for those types of things. Post anything here you want that isn't big enough for its own thread.

To start, I wanted to tell you about something I saw yesterday. I was driving home from work and got behind a car with about a dozen atheist bumper stickers on the back. Sitting at the red light, I smiled at a few of them. There was a long line of cars at the light and I was about 15 back. From the right, there was a side road about 8 cars ahead of me with another long line waiting to pull out onto the road I was on. The line I was in was blocking the road those cars were on. When the light turned red the cars started to move forward. No one stopped to let any of the cars out coming from that road to the right - that is, until the car in front of me with the atheist bumper stickers did so. Now, in fairness, I don't know who was in the other cars that weren't so considerate. But I do know that the one who showed some courtesy was an atheist. Again, I smiled. Those "immoral atheists" are at it again...

Aside:
If you're curious about the bumper stickers, a few that I remember were:
- Born right the first time.
- Everyone is an atheist about some gods.
- If that fetus was gay, would you fight so hard to save it?
- In the beginning, man created God.
- True morality needs neither threats nor bribes. Good without God.

Edit:
Just to clarify, this is intended to be about anything related to atheism or theism since that's the forum we are in.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
21-02-2014, 10:04 AM
RE: Doesn't need a whole thread
I got a red light ticket for being a tenth of a second late. Facepalm
See you all in court motherfuckers.

(well, TBD, but that sounded more badass) Cool

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
21-02-2014, 10:20 AM
(21-02-2014 10:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I got a red light ticket for being a tenth of a second late. Facepalm

Why so arrogant?

Truth seeker.
21-02-2014, 10:31 AM
(21-02-2014 10:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I got a red light ticket for being a tenth of a second late. Facepalm

Why so arrogant?

Arrogant Huh did he hit ya in the head with a bible ? Gasp

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
21-02-2014, 10:32 AM
(21-02-2014 10:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  

Why so arrogant?

Could say the same to you.
Do you how long it takes for an LED light to change color? A tenth of a second.
What about regular bulbs? Two tenths of a second.

I'm not exaggerating, literally I missed it by a tenth of a second. I should not have even received this ticket. I will fight the ticket by a TBD (Trial By Declaration) under the "Filament Argument" stated above. I'm not paying $500 for a tenth of a second.

Atir aissom atir imon
21-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I am slowly attempting to apply for a 501©(3) non-profit charity that will provide temporary emergency housing and material assistance for those who are in need.

I heard a radio ad yesterday about how the salvation army is collecting blankets to be given to the homeless who are living out on the street. I thought to myself, there is a church on damn near every corner and these mofo's are giving out blankets and talking about how frostbite is a major issue. Collecting money 24/7 - 365 days a year and this is all you can do ?

I think I can do better

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
21-02-2014, 11:08 AM
(21-02-2014 10:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I am slowly attempting to apply for a 501©(3) non-profit charity that will provide temporary emergency housing and material assistance for those who are in need.

I heard a radio ad yesterday about how the salvation army is collecting blankets to be given to the homeless who are living out on the street. I thought to myself, there is a church on damn near every corner and these mofo's are giving out blankets and talking about how frostbite is a major issue. Collecting money 24/7 - 365 days a year and this is all you can do ?

I think I can do better

I just saw a link to this on Facebook yesterday, maybe it will spark an idea that can help you. Quixote Village….homeless tent community to tiny house community

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-02-2014, 11:08 AM
(21-02-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do you how long it takes for an LED light to change color? A tenth of a second.

I'm not exaggerating, literally I missed it by a tenth of a second. I should not have even received this ticket. I will fight the ticket by a TBD (Trial By Declaration) under the "Filament Argument" stated above. I'm not paying $500 for a tenth of a second.

What happened? Did you run a red light?

If it helps, remember that the eye recieves the light faster in the dark and slower during daytime, and even slower yet if the sun is bright or actually hitting the light.

Just some thoughts from an ex dragracer, where .001 seconds mattered in reaction times.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
21-02-2014, 11:12 AM
(21-02-2014 11:08 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Do you how long it takes for an LED light to change color? A tenth of a second.

What happened? Did you run a red light?

If it helps, remember that the eye recieves the light faster in the dark and slower during daytime, and even slower yet if the sun is bright or actually hitting the light.

Just some thoughts from an ex dragracer, where .001 seconds mattered in reaction times.

Yes I did, by a tenth of a second. Literally, no exaggeration. I also understand what you're saying, but it's a little too much to go in to at court. I don't feel like teaching a class, the change of the light speed is enough for this low of a time.

Atir aissom atir imon
21-02-2014, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2014 11:26 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
I'm planning a trip….hoping the kids will enjoy it and not be whiny brats. eh, I have 2 girls…could go either way Confused

planning to hit some history sites in VA. Patrick Henry homesite, Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home), Montpelier (Madison home). And Ash Lawn (James Monroe home)

They are old enough that they have learned some of this in school already-so I'm hoping with the in costume docents it will become fun. And if they have a particular tour geared to kids we will do that….but I don't know. Sometimes the kids are drag, lol.

trying to stay positive.

p.s. they enjoyed the Lincoln stuff when we were in Springfield, IL over the summer.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post