Doesn't need a whole thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 01:02 PM
RE: Doesn't need a whole thread
(21-02-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:20 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Why so arrogant?

Could say the same to you.
Do you how long it takes for an LED light to change color? A tenth of a second.
What about regular bulbs? Two tenths of a second.

I'm not exaggerating, literally I missed it by a tenth of a second. I should not have even received this ticket. I will fight the ticket by a TBD (Trial By Declaration) under the "Filament Argument" stated above. I'm not paying $500 for a tenth of a second.
Most TBD's are won because they are scheduled on an officer's day off and officers don't show up. I believe traffic lights, like speeding, are strict liability. Which means if you passed it you're guilty regardless of other circumstances. In most states.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2014, 01:05 PM
(21-02-2014 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Could say the same to you.

I'm not exaggerating, literally I missed it by a tenth of a second. I should not have even received this ticket. I will fight the ticket by a TBD (Trial By Declaration) under the "Filament Argument" stated above. I'm not paying $500 for a tenth of a second.
Most TBD's are won because they are scheduled on an officer's day off and officers don't show up. I believe traffic lights, like speeding, are strict liability. Which means if you passed it you're guilty regardless of other circumstances. In most states.

I thought if you were already in the intersection when the light turned red, that it is ok to proceed to clear the intersection, but if you entered the intersection AFTER it turned red then you are busted….the point being the yellow light tells you a red is coming soon.

but that's purely just some random shit I remember hearing from who knows where and may not be true. Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-02-2014, 01:21 PM
(21-02-2014 11:50 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  But then he keeps trying to convince me that there's too much "evidence" that it couldn't be an accident, that there has to be some reason that we're here.

What accident is he talking about ?
All of that evidence helps to explain the reason we are here.

Or does he mean, "This couldn't have all happened naturally. Our lives must have some higher purpose."

He seems like the kind of person who doesn't like conflict, instead blending into whatever side of the conversation that the people around him hold. He's a chameleon.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-02-2014, 01:33 PM
(21-02-2014 10:02 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Sometimes I just want to tell something to the community here that probably won't generate a lot of discussion so it seems silly to start a whole thread. So I'm starting this thread for those types of things. Post anything here you want that isn't big enough for its own thread.

To start, I wanted to tell you about something I saw yesterday. I was driving home from work and got behind a car with about a dozen atheist bumper stickers on the back. Sitting at the red light, I smiled at a few of them. There was a long line of cars at the light and I was about 15 back. From the right, there was a side road about 8 cars ahead of me with another long line waiting to pull out onto the road I was on. The line I was in was blocking the road those cars were on. When the light turned red the cars started to move forward. No one stopped to let any of the cars out coming from that road to the right - that is, until the car in front of me with the atheist bumper stickers did so. Now, in fairness, I don't know who was in the other cars that weren't so considerate. But I do know that the one who showed some courtesy was an atheist. Again, I smiled. Those "immoral atheists" are at it again...

Aside:
If you're curious about the bumper stickers, a few that I remember were:
- Born right the first time.
- Everyone is an atheist about some gods.
- If that fetus was gay, would you fight so hard to save it?
- In the beginning, man created God.
- True morality needs neither threats nor bribes. Good without God.

Edit:
Just to clarify, this is intended to be about anything related to atheism or theism since that's the forum we are in.

Plead not guilty and state the reason as lack of evidence on the prosecution. If it was a Red-light camera they have to prove it was you driving and are usually unable to do so. Remember you are Innocent until proven guilty.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-02-2014, 01:33 PM
(21-02-2014 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Could say the same to you.

For the most part that is true.

-BUT-

There are minor exceptions, technicalities, and legal jargin you can use to get out of [almost] any red light ticket, regardless if you did or not.
It's actually pretty interesting to look up, the most detailed pagei found on the subject is this one, though I'm pretty sure this site is geared only for Californians.

Atir aissom atir imon
21-02-2014, 01:35 PM
(21-02-2014 01:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Plead not guilty and state the reason as lack of evidence on the prosecution. If it was a Red-light camera they have to prove it was you driving and are usually unable to do so. Remember you are Innocent until proven guilty.

Exactly. Actually, I'm in good circumstances. There are multiple technicalities I can use to my advantage, besides filament.

Though I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
(21-02-2014 01:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 11:50 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  But then he keeps trying to convince me that there's too much "evidence" that it couldn't be an accident, that there has to be some reason that we're here.

What accident is he talking about ?
All of that evidence helps to explain the reason we are here.

Or does he mean, "This couldn't have all happened naturally. Our lives must have some higher purpose."

He seems like the kind of person who doesn't like conflict, instead blending into whatever side of the conversation that the people around him hold. He's a chameleon.

Exactly. That's why it's weird to work with him, because he'll change colors right in front of me depending on who he's talking with knowing that I know better, but doesn't ever acknowledge that he's doing it. I'm just not that keen on calling him out and making it an issue.

(21-02-2014 01:21 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  that there has to be some reason that we're here.

You nailed it. I can sympathize with that view, I'm pretty sure I created a thread here a while back concerning the same issue: why we're so special, or why did we evolve to be so special. I've since gained better perspective, but he is adamant that there had to be some sort of supernatural "push" here and there throughout time to put us where we are. I'm just not sure what the best answer to that argument is without making it a big discussion, so I avoid it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
(21-02-2014 01:05 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 01:02 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Most TBD's are won because they are scheduled on an officer's day off and officers don't show up. I believe traffic lights, like speeding, are strict liability. Which means if you passed it you're guilty regardless of other circumstances. In most states.

I thought if you were already in the intersection when the light turned red, that it is ok to proceed to clear the intersection, but if you entered the intersection AFTER it turned red then you are busted….the point being the yellow light tells you a red is coming soon.

but that's purely just some random shit I remember hearing from who knows where and may not be true. Tongue

I've gotten a ticket before for going through an intersection on a yellow light.
When pulled over, I asked the officer. "The light was yellow when I went through. Did you and I see something different" ?
He replied "It's still a moving violation to enter the intersection on a yellow light. It's up to the officer on duty if they want to issue a ticket. Most never do."

At this point, since he was looking for any reason to pull me over, I shut up, gave him my license and insurance and took the ticket.

I've seen too many video of officers who just need a little push to get them over the edge. Next thing you know they are dragging you out of the car for no fucking reason and if you twitch, suddenly you're trying to assault the officer. Out comes the baton, a hospital stay, loss of work, a court case, lawyer fees.

Shocking Just give me the damn ticket and I'll be on my way

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
21-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Damn, shoulda just made a thread, huh? Rolleyes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 01:38 PM
(21-02-2014 01:35 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 01:05 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I thought if you were already in the intersection when the light turned red, that it is ok to proceed to clear the intersection, but if you entered the intersection AFTER it turned red then you are busted….the point being the yellow light tells you a red is coming soon.

I've gotten a ticket before for going through an intersection on a yellow light.
When pulled over, I asked the officer. "The light was yellow when I went through. Did you and I see something different" ?
He replied "It's still a moving violation to enter the intersection on a yellow light. It's up to the officer on duty if they want to issue a ticket. Most never do."

At this point, since he was looking for any reason to pull me over, I shut up, gave him my license and insurance and took the ticket.

I've seen too many video of officers who just need a little push to get them over the edge. Next thing you know they are dragging you out of the car for no fucking reason and if you twitch, suddenly you're trying to assault the officer. Out comes the baton, a hospital stay, loss of work, a court case, lawyer fees.

Shocking Just give me the damn ticket and I'll be on my way

Depending on the laws in your state/country, that's bullshit.
Should've went to court. "Innocent until proven guilty"

Atir aissom atir imon