Doesn't need a whole thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Doesn't need a whole thread
(21-02-2014 01:35 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 01:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Plead not guilty and state the reason as lack of evidence on the prosecution. If it was a Red-light camera they have to prove it was you driving and are usually unable to do so. Remember you are Innocent until proven guilty.

Exactly. Actually, I'm in good circumstances. There are multiple technicalities I can use to my advantage, besides filament.

Though I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post Laugh out load

Yeah I did, but you got my meaning.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-02-2014, 02:08 PM
(21-02-2014 10:02 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Sometimes I just want to tell something to the community here that probably won't generate a lot of discussion so it seems silly to start a whole thread. So I'm starting this thread for those types of things. Post anything here you want that isn't big enough for its own thread.

To start, I wanted to tell you about something I saw yesterday. I was driving home from work and got behind a car with about a dozen atheist bumper stickers on the back. Sitting at the red light, I smiled at a few of them. There was a long line of cars at the light and I was about 15 back. From the right, there was a side road about 8 cars ahead of me with another long line waiting to pull out onto the road I was on. The line I was in was blocking the road those cars were on. When the light turned red the cars started to move forward. No one stopped to let any of the cars out coming from that road to the right - that is, until the car in front of me with the atheist bumper stickers did so. Now, in fairness, I don't know who was in the other cars that weren't so considerate. But I do know that the one who showed some courtesy was an atheist. Again, I smiled. Those "immoral atheists" are at it again...

Aside:
If you're curious about the bumper stickers, a few that I remember were:
- Born right the first time.
- Everyone is an atheist about some gods.
- If that fetus was gay, would you fight so hard to save it?
- In the beginning, man created God.
- True morality needs neither threats nor bribes. Good without God.

Edit:
Just to clarify, this is intended to be about anything related to atheism or theism since that's the forum we are in.
Was the car a piece of crap? Anytime I see a car with a bunch of atheist/liberal bumper stickers it looks like it's held together with wire and duct tape.
21-02-2014, 02:10 PM
This doesn't need a whole thread but I find 'alpha' to be an interesting misnomer.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
21-02-2014, 02:12 PM
(21-02-2014 02:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Was the car a piece of crap? Anytime I see a car with a bunch of atheist/liberal bumper stickers it looks like it's held together with wire and duct tape.
That's funny. Laughat

Ever been to the south?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
21-02-2014, 02:15 PM
(21-02-2014 02:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 10:02 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Sometimes I just want to tell something to the community here that probably won't generate a lot of discussion so it seems silly to start a whole thread. So I'm starting this thread for those types of things. Post anything here you want that isn't big enough for its own thread.

To start, I wanted to tell you about something I saw yesterday. I was driving home from work and got behind a car with about a dozen atheist bumper stickers on the back. Sitting at the red light, I smiled at a few of them. There was a long line of cars at the light and I was about 15 back. From the right, there was a side road about 8 cars ahead of me with another long line waiting to pull out onto the road I was on. The line I was in was blocking the road those cars were on. When the light turned red the cars started to move forward. No one stopped to let any of the cars out coming from that road to the right - that is, until the car in front of me with the atheist bumper stickers did so. Now, in fairness, I don't know who was in the other cars that weren't so considerate. But I do know that the one who showed some courtesy was an atheist. Again, I smiled. Those "immoral atheists" are at it again...

Aside:
If you're curious about the bumper stickers, a few that I remember were:
- Born right the first time.
- Everyone is an atheist about some gods.
- If that fetus was gay, would you fight so hard to save it?
- In the beginning, man created God.
- True morality needs neither threats nor bribes. Good without God.

Edit:
Just to clarify, this is intended to be about anything related to atheism or theism since that's the forum we are in.
Was the car a piece of crap? Anytime I see a car with a bunch of atheist/liberal bumper stickers it looks like it's held together with wire and duct tape.

That's funny. I saw a brand new Jaguar yesterday with this on it:
[Image: scarletletteratheistbuttonthumb.png]

...which I found completely tasteful and totally appropriate for a Jag.

just sayin

(I was at Goat Rock Beach yesterday)
[Image: eSettingFire.jpg]

And No - I don't know why they named it Goat Rock Beach (?)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-02-2014, 02:15 PM
(21-02-2014 02:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Was the car a piece of crap? Anytime I see a car with a bunch of atheist/liberal bumper stickers it looks like it's held together with wire and duct tape.
That's funny. Laughat

Ever been to the south?

Actually I find it works with any car covered in bumper stickers. Liberal or Conservative the more stickers the crappier the car (or truck in the case of Conservative stickers).

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-02-2014, 02:16 PM
(21-02-2014 02:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  This doesn't need a whole thread but I find 'alpha' to be an interesting misnomer.

Drinking Beverage

'male' might also be a misnomer. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
21-02-2014, 02:17 PM
(21-02-2014 02:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's funny. Laughat

Ever been to the south?

Actually I find it works with any car covered in bumper stickers. Liberal or Conservative the more stickers the crappier the car (or truck in the case of Conservative stickers).

Very true. That's why I don't have bumper stickers, my car is crappy enough. I like to keep 'em guessing! Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-02-2014, 02:23 PM
(21-02-2014 02:16 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 02:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  This doesn't need a whole thread but I find 'alpha' to be an interesting misnomer.

Drinking Beverage

'male' might also be a misnomer. Consider

*coffee spew*
Dammit Warhorse

LMAO

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-02-2014, 02:29 PM
(21-02-2014 02:15 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  ...
And No - I don't know why they named it Goat Rock Beach (?)

Oooh! Nice view.

Perhaps the name came from that rock with a hole in it in the background looking a bit like:
[Image: 781455266_31a8f42915_z.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post