Poll: Dog whispering real or no?
Real
BULLSH*T
[Show Results]

Dog Whisperers.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2012, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 03:16 AM by Filox.)
RE: Dog Whisperers.
A "dog whisperer" may be exaggerated statement, but there is a body language that you can use to communicate with any animal, dogs, cats, even bears. It is not magic, it is not supernatural, it is what we, humans, have lost during the years and centuries of our separation from the Mother Nature.

This is a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyYgPWZjog

There are a lot of people who live like this, well not many, but this is not the only one. I was watching a documentary about a guy (don't know if this is him or not, I think not) that is living in a open house and a family of bears lives with him, coming and going out of the house as they want. They eat and sleep together. WILD bears, not circus ones. When they wanted to film that, the cameraman had to go through training. It was vital to know how to keep his body, arms, legs, head when in front of the bears, it was important to know what to do when they go near him, how to show them that you are not a threat, not an intruder. It took them a some time to get the bears used to the the new man and the new mad to get used to the bears.

That is what you might call a "bear whisperer", he does not whisper to them, he understands and speaks their body language. They know how to communicate with each other.

There is also a very popular Cesar Milan, the famous Dog Whisperer, he knows how to "speak" to dogs as well, his methods are fast and efficient, so yeah, he understand the animal language as well.

I see this as something people have forgotten, not something that is imaginary or supernatural, this is as natural as it gets.

Of course, with this as with anything else, there are quacks and assholes who only pretend to know this, but are after your money. Not many of the "nature talking" people live in cities, most of them are in wilderness and you will never meet them, no point in talking to animals and then living in the city, is there?

Smile

P.S.

I hope (but I'm sure you haven't) that you have seen this movie, if not watch it, it is great, old and made by a true story: Gorillas in the Mist: The Story of Dian Fossey

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095243/

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 06:36 PM
(17-01-2012 03:10 AM)Filox Wrote:  This is a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyYgPWZjog

This is a good counterexample to fucking around with bears. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Oh yeah, I think he is the one I was talking about. Anyway, how can you say that he is the counterexample? Maybe because he lived with grizzlies for 13 years? And then he had an argument with one of the more nervous ones and he lost the fist fight? I think this is the best possible evidence on how man and animals can communicate and live together, but as in human societies, in every society we have fights over turf/sex/food/resources, so why would you expect bears to act differently? Who knows what was their argument about and maybe the bear didn't want to kill him, but puny human head can not withstand a bitch-slap of a grizzly.

Smile

It is all about perspective, everything is relative.

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-01-2012, 05:23 PM
(20-01-2012 04:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  Who knows what was their argument about and maybe the bear didn't want to kill him, but puny human head can not withstand a bitch-slap of a grizzly.

Big Grin

Here's another crazy fucker.

21-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Great, can you see the meaning of life here? This is what most people are trying to find in various religions, spiritual leaders, organizations, this is what human kind has lost and is searching for all this time, this is what they mean when they ask :"Why are we here, what is our purpose". It is the return to Mother Nature, or to rephrase it, we've lost the touch with reality and the connection to this planet, the nature and its inhabitants, animals in this case.

If any of these two guys (one if them has) dies, they die happy, they die peaceful, they die knowing they have lived as it was meant for them to live, they made something and the feelings they had for that time in the wilderness can not be compared to anything else. They are prepared and ready for this kind of death, can any of you say that you are ready and prepared to die in a car accident or in the street by something that is city related?

Being a "dog whisperer" is so much more than just be a trainer to animals, it is a way of living and thinking, it is their own little religion and world. When you live and die like this, you do worry yourself about God and afterlife.

-Hunter S. Thompson
21-01-2012, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 12:13 AM by GirlyMan.)
(21-01-2012 02:20 AM)Filox Wrote:  Great, can you see the meaning of life here? This is what most people are trying to find in various religions, spiritual leaders, organizations, this is what human kind has lost and is searching for all this time, this is what they mean when they ask :"Why are we here, what is our purpose". It is the return to Mother Nature, or to rephrase it, we've lost the touch with reality and the connection to this planet, the nature and its inhabitants, animals in this case. ...
Being a "dog whisperer" is so much more than just be a trainer to animals, it is a way of living and thinking, it is their own little religion and world. When you live and die like this, you do worry yourself about God and afterlife.

You sound like my wife telling me about her pack. Wink

[Image: ThePack.jpg]

23-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Well, you see then? I'm not bullshiting, it really is that way for some people. But, wait, these are all your wifes dogs? Damn man, does she ever have time for you? Smile Must be why you call yourself GirlyMan, you have to be man and woman for yourself...

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson